Finished Mafia LVIII: Project Fusion- GAME OVER: Mafia Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Active Ability: High Senses
Once per night, target a player. You will learn whether they acted or not last night and whether or not they were targeted last night."
If it counts for anything, there's my extent

Thanks for the tag alerts didn't work.
1) Rotation abilities are excellent big up scattered for including one in this game. Shame Drac was away and didn't get to use it (presumably).

2. I can think of 4 better kills than Drac based on D1 interaction. This kill has changed has changed some impressions.

3) I've got to thinking and it may be beneficial for a mass claim at this point. This would potentially jeapordise me because my role isn't provable, but this if we lynch town today we're lylo tomorrow. Not saying do it just yet, but let's discuss the opportunity. Note that this is to supplement our scumhunting and should not replace it.

4) FoS on everyone who looked at the thread after Piplup claimed but before deadline. Piplup had a provable role and should not have died.
1) Drac mightve had a day abilty right?
2)Drac kill was super weird, but I think it is to relieve suspicion on someone who is highly skilled in this game, because no way a "good" player would kill drac. But real skilled players will actually do that to make town think that a newer player mightve chosen the kill. So I feel like Np is scummy. (also you Celever, but less idk why).
3)I wouldn't mind although I do forgot to use my day ability last day so I've got nothing provable just yet.
4)Very true I was sleeping at that time though :(
Is the Unown thing town or scum, do you think?
I have a feeling the unown thing is either part of the ability or a scum ability to disrupt other abilitys

2)Drac kill was super weird, but I think it is to relieve suspicion on someone who is highly skilled in this game, because no way a "good" player would kill drac. But real skilled players will actually do that to make town think that a newer player mightve chosen the kill. So I feel like Np is scummy. (also you Celever, but less idk why).

I agree that killing Drac is weird. But I only think NP looks a little bit more scum in my eyes.

@Celever in your opinion who looks more town/scum now. (Referring to when you said Drac kill has changed some impressions

Sorry scattered. I’ve been really busy for the last couple days.

*has read the basic rules*
*has not checked role yet*
*has not checked roles of dead towns yet*
*sees that NinjaPenguin is in the game*
*looks at the imaginary red and round VOTE button*

Hm... Very tempting, but first: Are our votes locked as of Today?

*Groans as biggest wild card enters game*
I'll read up on the thread later tonight, inti early morning, probably and try to make sense of anything, jot notes down and summarize what I see at about 3 pm est tomorrow

I'm not Zone
Okay. Screw this.

##VOTE: TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
I have played mafia, but never online.
I don't really have a set playstyle; if I have any tells or habits I have yet to determine them (besides the ones that have to do with my IRL expressions).

If I had to post something, I'd say I like to reason things through a lot, but sometimes too much.
I'm also not one for posting things without long sentences and thought processes.
If I want to say something, I will take my time until I can say it with proof and reasoning. No dropping in, suddenly posting a vote, then leaving before people can ask why.
(except in RVS)

I hope this is satisfactory.

P.S. Please tell me if my word choice is too formal! When I talk in real life, I don't know if people really listen to what I say because I speak too many long words... (._.)
You are doing fine. You gave a nice introduction, and you don't have to worry about your formality or the fact that you need to explain your actions; these things happen to a lot of people, and you are not alone.
@NinjaPenguin What about your thoughts on suspicious people? You seem to be the most vocal of us (probably a good thing, btw).
Since you asked NP this, mind if I ask you the same thing? Are you finding anyone sus so far, and if so who?
Okay, so... apparently my predecessor had already asked that question, which is fine and all but... regarding the following quotes:
Disclaimer: Most of this is pure conjecture.
Now that that's out of the way, let's go down the list of players.

1. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

I can't really tell based on his content whether he is suspicious or not. Given that this is D1, I suppose that is to be expected, but I would neither see him as town or scum right now. Nothing major in his posts, RVS, side comments... I have nothing.
Neutral

2. Ephemera

I'll skip myself, for obvious reasons.

3. NaganadelIsBeast

Being an inexperienced player, there is always the chance that they are simply finding this a bit confusing (I know I am). However, I am finding them slightly suspicious due to their post on Mordacazir, right after NinjaPenguin pressured Mordacazir as well. Slight bandwagoning maybe? However, this also may mean that they are not scum, because if they were scum, they might have been getting tips from the other members. This could get me into a confusing spiral, so I'll leave it at that. Right now, I can't read NaganadelisBeast as town.
Neutral, leaning scum

4. TheAquaPiplup

Having no posts and replacing a player with no posts hinders me from making any reads. :confused:
Neutral, I guess, but only because I have nothing to read...

5. GM DracLord

There is little to analyze from GM DracLord's posts, the main things being he finds it interesting to vote new people (which I guess is fair) and maybe some subtle redirecting of NP's question about OMGUS? (Unless that was a satisfactory answer, in which case idk.)
Neutral, maybe leaning scum a bit?

6. Jadethepokemontrainer

I can't really tell. There's not much to analyze. Voted for me in RVS, then asked me what my reads are, that's fair. Nothing really suspicious, but nothing too major to the game?
Neutral

7. Celever

I got nothing. Starts RVS, then leaves. I guess that's to be expected, considering he said he wouldn't have much time, but that means that there's nothing to base any reads off of.
Neutral

8. NinjaPenguin

Seems to be the most vocal. Content is mostly pressuring GM DracLord b/c OMGUS, then Mordacazir about pursuing leads, then asking me and NaganadelisBeast about playstyles and reads. Says there's almost no content to judge, which is somewhat fair. I can't say whether NP is town or scum, but I wouldn't vote for him today, if this were to keep up. My gut feeling says he might be town, but my feelings have been wrong many times before...
Neutral, slightly leaning town but only b/c of gut feelings

9. mordacazir

Has NP on his case b/c of not pursuing a lead while talking about pursuing leads? Somewhat true, but this is also D1. May not mean anything. Also, NaganadelisBeast (i need a nickname for you) thinks that he's suspicious b/c of not voting and other stuff? Okay... He is calling that either one of the people thinking he is suspicious is scum... that's possible. I would put him between GM DracLord and NaganadelisBeast on my sus list. Could be suspicious, but nothing solid enough.
Neutral, leaning scum

TLDR:
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, Jadethepokemontrainer, Celever are neutral, nothing suspicious b/c nothing solid enough to read
TheAquaPiplup is neutral, but only b/c he has posted nothing.
NP feels town, but there is no evidence to point one way or another. He's aggressive, but I believe that's normal?
GM DracLord feels slightly suspicious, but again, nothing solid.
mordacazir seems defensive, but not too much. Slightly suspicious, more than GM DracLord.
NaganadelisBeast is either inexperienced and made a mistake, or bandwagoning on mordacazir. Somewhat suspicious.

Man, that took long.
@Jadethepokemontrainer Do you have any reads?
Sure thing, let me go through the list~

Nick - neutral - Hasn't really posted anything of notice, like you said RVS and side commenting. Just reminding me of their early game meta tbh. Would love to hear your thoughts on the game right now though @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK who do you find sus?
Ephemera - neutral, leaning town - I see what Cel is saying here, so definitely worth keeping an eye on, but I'm reading a lot of their posts as more towny than anything.
Naganadel - neutral - I'm honestly just reading them as slightly confused town right now. Especially if they are inexperienced. @NaganadelIsBeast have you played Mafia before?
Piplup - neutral - Hasn't posted anything. @TheAquaPiplup please give input on the game and who you think might be scum.
Drac - neutral - Again just hasn't said much of note, though as they said they are busy right now and don't have much time to post.
Cel - neutral, leaning town - What they've posted has read more town to me. From the little they've posted imo they have brought up some good points and contributed well.
NP - neutral, leaning town - Active and contributing, easily the most active and contributing. Reading more town NP imo but Idk, haven't seen anything from him to show otherwise.
morda - neutral, very slightly leaning scum - I say very slightly as he is basically the closest thing we've really got as a lead at the moment imo, though I'm really not sure how much of a lead that really is. Keep an eye on him, but really that's about it.

About all I've got right now. There really is nothing I have seen to go off of. I'll be busy the rest of today but can hopefully get on again this evening.
@Ephemera, would you mind telling me why you would bother giving a whole readlist on everyone, rather than small talks? I understand that you want to explain your arguments, but surely you don't want to have your townreads as their targets?

The fact that my predecessor made yet another one is not favorable either, by the way. There is no excuse for that.

--- --- ---
So... I am posting this post as a milestone for the time being. As of now, I have finished reading Page 4. ...but man, it sure is quiet, isn't it?

*Groans as biggest wild card enters game*
I'll read up on the thread later tonight, inti early morning, probably and try to make sense of anything, jot notes down and summarize what I see at about 3 pm est tomorrow
...yep, I made a good choice voting you immediately. No regrets were made.

Call me anything you want; I will tunnel you to death now that you have awoken me. Not to mention, I might even pull off lynching you with my vote alone considering that everyone else are basically silent.

Yeah, who are you thinking is sus right now? I’m still forming my opinion, I haven’t felt like there’s enough to go off so far.
I'm in the same boat as you. If anything, I hope to come up with something when I read the thread later. I don't have the time right now.

##unvote: celever
##vote: mordacazir
...combined with the post before this one, I am beginning to see you less as a scum. I shall take back my vote.
##UNVOTE
@Ephemera how come you decided to do a reads list? I mean, I play mafia irl pretty frequently and we've never gone round the circle giving our read on every other player in the game; that's a pretty online-only tool.
For a moment, I thought we had a mindmelt and I was about to put you as lock-town, but then the following quote happened, which made me re-read this post and realize that it was not a mindmelt after all.
Yeeeeeeeeeah

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: TheAquaPiplup

We're gonna need a better shift from you.
Why would anyone bother voting Piplup when one of the basic requirements is to post one post per day? I assume it is per 1 RL days and not 1 Day cycle, so... it seems kind of odd to me.
/FoS at anyone starting this wagon.
I hope you didn’t want me to do one of those whole lists of ratings or whatever. (I can if you want me to though.)
Found a scum. No town -unless they are newbies- ever say "if you want to, I can do it". This is literally the mindset I had back in my early scum days.

##VOTE NaganadelIsBeast

Found a scum. No town -unless they are newbies- ever say "if you want to, I can do it". This is literally the mindset I had back in my early scum days.
It tells me that Naganadel is just new town. He probably would've been coached to stay away from that kind of text with an experienced scum on the team which, given the numbers, there is likely one experienced scum minimum.

I voted for him because other people did
...I retract my FoS on anyone who instigated the wagon on Piplup; a bandwagonner with primitive arguments is bad, but one that isn't getting modkilled is worse.
I see Nick as (barely) potential scum because he just wagoned with anyone else. I wouldn’t’ve been suspicious of him if he stated his thoughts without being asked to. But as of now, I’m finding Piplup and Mord more suspicious though. I’m probably wrong about this though.
This is 100% bandwagonning, and anyone who says otherwise is scum.

*reads Nick's post at #175*
Look at this person (Naga), and look at our current situation. It is SO silent here, that I can even get away lynching anyone I want with my vote alone at EOD.

Stop making excuses. Start voting people up and read them. If we somehow miraculously got nothing out of RVS, then start a new RVS because I want to see scum dead by the end of this Day.
Eww this is a bad look for Cel if Piplup flips town. That bolded sentence seems like TMI as I feel like you'd basically only say to townies.
Day 2 VC 2: No votes on anyone.
...I see that you are barking but not biting?
Reads list incoming in a moment.
What is up with everyone and read lists? I get that it is relatively more harmless at D1, but even then it is still not a good plan!

Ok. I was about to say that I'm seeing Piplup as a complete novice and get off his case a little, but then I saw that he was watching the thread.
Piplup, you will get lynched in a few hours unless you defend yourself, contribute some worthwhile thoughts, or find someone more suspicious.
Do you have any reads, thoughts, anything?
Hm... This is a progressive post. You are town.
I didn't want to vote Piplup right out the gate after that because I'd wanted to see what he had to say. I felt that if I was too quick it would be seen as omgus and have no weight behind it. Only after he explained his vote as jumping on a wagon for no reason other than people were voting me did I vote. It seemed like he was attempting to push something without giving proper reasoning to potentially force a misslynch. Thats speculation though it makes sense imo.
...the fact that this post makes sense forces me to see you as town. ...even if I want to lynch you for using me as an example of a bad player.
Okay that claim is easily provable and absolutely not a safeclaim if it's proven back off the votes.
Nobody block Piplup tonight; Pipulp kill whoever you want that seems suspicious tonight I don't want to say any names so scum can't protect but choose somebody who feels like most people read them scum/neutral and few read them as town to narrow down the Process of Elimination.
Wait... I know the answer is probably on Page 8, but how the heck did Piplup die after they've given their role? What the heck is up with Page 7?

Day 1 Final Vote Count:

5 votes for a majority
The player with the most votes is tagged
If you think there’s anything wrong, just ask

NagandalisBeast (0) - celever, GM DracLord
Celever (0)- TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK (0)- GM DracLord, NinjaPenguin , Celever, TheAquaPiplup
GM DracLord (0)- Ephemera , NagandalisBeast, NinjaPenguin
Ephemera (1)- Jadethepokemontrainer
mordacazir (2)- NinjaPenguin, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, NinjaPenguin, TheAquaPiplup
@TheAquaPiplup (3)- Ephemera, Celever, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Not voting: GM DracLord , mordacazir.

*Note: GM DracLord is at V/LA untill Wednesday
*Note: Pay attention to your role- some of the abilities are day abilities, meaning the time to use them is during the day and not during the night.

Everyone sat quitely and started to think. None of us has spoken for a while until people started to get suspicious about Korrina.
"Look guys, nothing is wrong with my Loppunny. Do yo see anything that would make it a fused Pokemon?" Korrina challenged them. They were quiet but then one trainer pointed out the ribbon on Loppunny's head. "That's a real ribbon I won in one of my compititions. What do you think? That it's a half Loppunny half Sylveon?" She started laughing but then so their serious faces. "Oh come on!".

TheAquaPiplup has been lynched. He was...
You are Korrina and you are aligned with The Pokémon Trainers. You are a professional car racer and was just about to win in the grand tournament when a two headed Dragonite started to use Earthquake. Your car crashed and you blacked out. That was when a Lopunny appeared and rescued you. Lopunny brought you to the hospital and never left you alone. A few days later, a group of trainers appeared next to your bed, offering you to join them to fight back.

Pokémon: Lopunny

Active Ability: Attract
Each day, you may target one player. That player will lose one of their abilities during the following night.

Active Ability: High-Jump-Kick
Each night you may choose to kill one player. If you somehow fail, you will die instead.

Win Condition: Eliminate all Project Fusion members.

Night 1 starts now and will end in 48 hours
Countdown

You may now use your night actions if you have any.
Remember you can't post anything here during the night
I see... To have the reveal at 2 hours before EOD... well, that is just unlucky then.
So now we lost a TK and a JOAT. Welp, it could've been worse. At least it's not TP.
2. I can think of 4 better kills than Drac based on D1 interaction. This kill has changed has changed some impressions.
Only 4? Scum could've literally killed anyone active, yet they chose to kill the guy on V/LA. This either means that they are newbies, or that they are overconfident that they will survive past D2.
3) I've got to thinking and it may be beneficial for a mass claim at this point. This would potentially jeapordise me because my role isn't provable, but this if we lynch town today we're lylo tomorrow. Not saying do it just yet, but let's discuss the opportunity. Note that this is to supplement our scumhunting and should not replace it.
Denied. Reason: My previous mass-claim play threw everyone off and basically made a major setback to town.
4) FoS on everyone who looked at the thread after Piplup claimed but before deadline. Piplup had a provable role and should not have died.
One problem: The only person who knew the people online at that time was the victim himself.
"Active Ability: High Senses
Once per night, target a player. You will learn whether they acted or not last night and whether or not they were targeted last night."
If it counts for anything, there's my extent
Oh. Well that actually helps a lot. (No sarcasm)
I thought that you meant NP not targetting anyone D1, so... more townlean for you.

At this point I am actually doubting whether I can even see you as scum or not. You have been surprisingly progressive this game despite your opinions on me.
If scum's goal was to make me think they are newbies, then they have succeeded; I can only think of Naga when I think about scum's kill on Drac. Cel and NP are way too smart to kill literally the most legitimately silent player of the game, while Ephemera and Nick are catalysts to the game's progression. All I am left with are Naga and Morda, and I would rather pressure the newbie than the one who was already (supposedly) pressured D1.
Is being this aggro normal for Mafia? (Noob question.)
Dunno about you, but this is my normal.
I’m still forming my opinion, I haven’t felt like there’s enough to go off so far.
We have a dead TK bandwagonner and a dead V/LA JOAT. Meanwhile, you also have 5 RL days worth of content from D1 (no matter how small they might be). How long do you need to take to form an opinion? It's literally "vote anyone who I think is suspicious because they did something I don't like".

D1 you said that you were "barely" able to see Nick as potential scum, and then followed to go for Piplup and Morda instead. Why aren't you continuing your case with Morda? Is he your scumbuddy?

We have a dead TK bandwagonner and a dead V/LA JOAT. Meanwhile, you also have 5 RL days worth of content from D1 (no matter how small they might be). How long do you need to take to form an opinion? It's literally "vote anyone who I think is suspicious because they did something I don't like".

D1 you said that you were "barely" able to see Nick as potential scum, and then followed to go for Piplup and Morda instead. Why aren't you continuing your case with Morda? Is he your scumbuddy?

It’s not like I neglected to mention I haven’t played in a while. I’m still trying to figure out all the main stuff. But if it’s vote anyone who I think is suspicious because they did something I don’t like,

##Vote: Zone Q11

I’m not continuing my case with Mord because I’m seeing him as town. His most recent post was very helpful (unlike others of his). Is he my scum buddy? Maybe, if I was scum.

It’s not like I neglected to mention I haven’t played in a while. I’m still trying to figure out all the main stuff. But if it’s vote anyone who I think is suspicious because they did something I don’t like,

##Vote: Zone Q11

I’m not continuing my case with Mord because I’m seeing him as town. His most recent post was very helpful (unlike others of his). Is he my scum buddy? Maybe, if I was scum.
Hm... Well, I suppose that's the common reaction from anyone who hasn't met me before. You're not the first, nor will you be the last.

In regards to Morda: What are you talking about? His last post was averagely progressive at best but it is still NAI. In addition, he even said that he has nothing to prove as he forgot to use his day ability D1, so aside from tonereads I don't see how you read him as town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back