Finished Mafia LVII: Big Brother Betrayal: Game Over! Postgame Part 1 Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Yo, it's someone! Yay!

Sorry for that outburst, something happened irl and I was really pissed about it. I didn't mean to direct my anger towards you over that, but I'm definitely no fan of suspecting people for their activity when they say they're busy.
It's chill, I understand. Idk why I even went for that tbh, that's literally me more than half the games I play...

I'm in the same boat as you, not really sure. If I had to lean towards anyone I'd probably lean towards Blink, actually. I feel like his rhetoric of "lynch me I don't really care" might be some sort of reverse psychological attempt to steer us away from him. I've used it before as scum, but it often gets picked up as apathetic town and it often steers the scum hunt away from him. Peculiar how Blink went for this approach and suddenly the push on Blink disappears into thin air.
I could def see this. I do agree that was a little weird. I mean, basically it happened bc he became HoH though Ig.
Also, he's literally been online since the day has started and I've asked him these questions.
Come on Blink, start posting

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
Also, he's literally been online since the day has started and I've asked him these questions.
Come on Blink, start posting
Same for mirdo actually.
Whichever one of you is town, come on, start helping us out here. If you want the game to be over, let's finish it up. Let's catch this last scum.
Whichever one of you is scum, just don't worry about posting, we'll find you :wink:

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Week 7 HOH Results
Title 1: Prom King/Queen
Jadethepokemontrainer and mirdo answered Lord o da rings.
Lord o da rings answered Jadethepokemon trainer.
The most voted answer was Lord o da rings, so Jadethepokemontrainer and mirdo gain a point.
Title 2: Best Dressed
mirdo answered Lord o da rings.
Lord o da rings and Jadethepokemontrainer answered mirdo.
The most voted answer was Lord o da rings, so mirdo gains a point.
Title 3: Life of the Party
Lord o da rings, Jadethepokemontrainer, and mirdo answered mirdo.
The most voted answer was Blinkehyo, so nobody gains a point.
Title 4: Heartbreaker
Lord o da rings and mirdo answered Lord o da rings.
Jadethepokemontrainer answered Blinkehyo.
The most voted answers were Lord o da rings and Blinkehyo, so everybody gains a point.
Title 5: Most Intelligent
Jadethepokemontrainer and mirdo answered Lord o da rings.
Lord o da rings answered Jadethepokemontrainer.
The most voted answer was Blinkehyo, so nobody gains a point.
Title 6: Most Likely to Win the Nobel Peace Prize
Lord o da rings answered Blinkehyo.
Jadethepokemontrainer answered Jadethepokemontrainer.
Mirdo answered mirdo.
The most voted answers were Jadethepokemontrainer and mirdo, so Jadethepokemontrainer and mirdo gain a point.

Final Standings:
Lord o da rings: 1
Jadethepokemontrainer: 3
Mirdo: 4

Which means congratulations mirdo on becoming Head of Household!

Week 7 Nominations
@mirdo, as this week's Head of Household, you have up to 24 hours to make your two nominations for eviction. Please make them bolded in-thread and tag me so I can be sure to see them. You may still confer with your fellow houseguests as much as you wish during these 24 hours to help you make your decision.

Masstag:
@Lord o da rings
@Jadethepokemontrainer
@Blinkehyo
@mirdo

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
Better hope you aren't the last scum mirdo, oof.
I'm fairly confident atm that you aren't though

Ig nom Lorde and Blink?
Blink is the target

@Blinkehyo You were just online. Feel like defending yourself?

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Alright. Im sorry I wasn't that active.
I will now attempt to focus on this game so we can at least give it the finish it deserves.
Which is a town win.

I except everyone of you three to make a case for yourself. Why I should trust you not beeing a scum.

Bonus Points if you can provide me with your prefered option who the last scum is.
Because Right now it could be any of you. I gotta be honest.

Blinkehyo

Aspiring Trainer
Hiya. Im here and i do have some things to say, but its kinda hard for me to type things when im around others
A quick response would be
*No, i didnt disappear into thin air because of the push on me disappeared. That i have been pretty activish the on the last week, but this one has me a bit in a bind to talk. Saying i disappeared is making a false accusation and kinda reaching if youre trying to get me to be lynched. Mirdo hasnt said a word either at that point

*i dont know how you want me to explain how im not mafia

*I'm pretty sure my gut feeling of lorde might be right here. Dunno how i should feel about getting nominated, but I'm feeling that jade probably isnt scum here, so its okay.

*not sure how you'd want me to give you 3 reasons

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
Alright. Im sorry I wasn't that active.
I will now attempt to focus on this game so we can at least give it the finish it deserves.
Which is a town win.
Excellent.

I except everyone of you three to make a case for yourself. Why I should trust you not beeing a scum.
Well for almost the entire course of this day I've been basically trying to run this thing and push everyone to contribute, as no one else was. Glad ya'll are finally here. I also feel like I've been actively scumhunting and giving my thoughts throughout the game, which tbh I'm kinda proud of myself for bc I usually give up in mafia. Yay me. So, yeah

Bonus Points if you can provide me with your prefered option who the last scum is.
Because Right now it could be any of you. I gotta be honest.
Good. I would hope you would rule non of us out at this point in the game.
Honestly, I'm still thinking Blink, though I'm kinda on the same boat you are with this.

*I'm pretty sure my gut feeling of lorde might be right here. Dunno how i should feel about getting nominated, but I'm feeling that jade probably isnt scum here, so its okay.
Do you have anything on Lorde besides a gut feeling?

*not sure how you'd want me to give you 3 reasons
What is this referring to?

*i dont know how you want me to explain how im not mafia
ie, why are you town? Give us something to make us believe that you are town and not scum

Blinkehyo

Aspiring Trainer
I also recall most people being suspicious of blink before the HoH. I at least know I was for a long while, though I am less sure now. I do agree that right now, Blink seems to be townread by just about everyone.
Honestly, I'm still thinking Blink, though I'm kinda on the same boat you are with this.
What changed from then to now? Me not posting since the day started or is there another reason here?

Do you have anything on Lorde besides a gut feeling?
I don't. In fact there hasn't been much content in this game as of late so I'm not sure what you'd want me to say differently besides the lurking bit and my feelings of her not genuinely attempting to help this game

What is this referring to?
This, but I read it wrong.

ie, why are you town? Give us something to make us believe that you are town and not scum
Any reason I could possibly come up with is arbitrary. I could give reasons like

Why would I offer myself up for lynch when I was the last scum,
why would I draw so much attention to myself if I were the previous week and the week before if I was,
or any other excuse would be something scum could say. So I'm unsure of how I could genuinely tell you I'm not the last scum. I barely have an idea of who could be. I'm just guessing on Lorde

mirdo

Alright. I need to make a decssion somehow. (Because im already over the time whoops)

And im gonna trust my gut. And I think the only one that is basically "cleared" (at least to my flawed logic) is Lorde

So I'm nominating Blinkey and Jade

@NinjaPenguin

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
What changed from then to now? Me not posting since the day started or is there another reason here?
Ig that and now Lorde is reading more townie to me, so that leaves you.

I don't. In fact there hasn't been much content in this game as of late so I'm not sure what you'd want me to say differently besides the lurking bit and my feelings of her not genuinely attempting to help this game
I mean, this is fair.

Alright. I need to make a decssion somehow. (Because im already over the time whoops)

And im gonna trust my gut. And I think the only one that is basically "cleared" (at least to my flawed logic) is Lorde

So I'm nominating Blinkey and Jade

@NinjaPenguin
Fine by me. If you don't mind me asking though, what makes Lorde "cleared" in your logic?
She was the only one who didn't even respond to your question lol.
Not that I'm disagreeing with your noms, I think blink is the best option, but curious.

NinjaPenguin

Week 7 Eviction
Jadethepokemontrainer and Blinkehyo have been nominated for eviction, and since this is an odd-numbered week, we will be immediately moving into the vote and eviction. Everybody else has the next 18 hours to discuss with their fellow houseguests. As the sole player eligible to vote this week, Lord o da rings must make her decision about which of these two houseguests to evict and post her decision of which houseguest she wants to evict bolded in-thread and tag me. That player will then immediately be evicted from the house.

The live competition has been moved to Sunday, April 14th, at 11:00 AM EST. Let me know if you will be available then. Note that if you are evicted or the game ends before then, you obviously will not end up participating in this.
@Lord o da rings
@Jadethepokemontrainer
@Blinkehyo
@mirdo

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Oh wow. Well uh, not being in a nomination chair is surprising. Since I'm the sole vote then, I've got a few questions for all of you. I'm not going to cast my vote without hearing all of you out.

- @mirdo who are you leaning towards right now and why?
- @Jadethepokemontrainer why should I save you over Blink?
- @Blinkehyo why should I save you over Jade.

I have to cast this vote by 11 tomorrow, so I hope you all answer well before that!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Congrats! Now I know how Jade felt a couple days ago. I'm going out to brunch in like 10 minutes and might not get back until post deadline, so I'm gonna just post this now @NinjaPenguin. Unfortunately because no one talked I'm pretty much forced to go with my gut. Which is generally more reliable for me than reads. Let's hope that does the trick this time.

I vote to evict Blinkehyo.

mirdo

I vote to evict Blinkehyo.
I was just working on a small post. Lmao

Well. Let s hope your gut works out

Have my post any way:

Fine by me. If you don't mind me asking though, what makes Lorde "cleared" in your logic?
Because Lorde replaced Gekki and they didnt vote when Vom was voted out. And I feel like Scum wouldve voted there cause it was fairly close.

So the Read on Jade that I had was this:
So you're going to nominate Vom? Why? Because people have been telling you to? What would be your reasons for nomming Vom, besides that people have been telling you to?
This was Nick was making his replacement nominees. But I think I misread it when i thought they defended Vom. But yeah. There you go.

NinjaPenguin

Week 7 Eviction Results
This week on Big Brother:
At Prom Night, Erika proved most in tune with the perceptions of the houseguests, making her the HOH.
Erika then nominated George and Howie, saying, “I think these moves are just the best for my game.”
Without a veto competition, these two were left at the mercy of the vote. At the eviction ceremony, Mike "Boogie" chose to send Howie out the door. Unfortunately for the Houseguests, Julie soon informed them that Howie was not a member of the Secret Alliance, but one of them instead.

By a vote of 1-0, the player who has been evicted is:
Blinkehyo, who was Howie, aligned with the Houseguests

The live competition will begin at 3:30 PM EST today, and end at about 4:30. Do not talk until then.

NinjaPenguin

Week 8 Eviction Results
Mike "Boogie" and Erika came from different seasons and had barely interacted before the season, but very soon that changed. Within the span of only a couple of weeks, they became part of a showmance, a power couple systematically working their way through the rest of the contestants on a journey to the grand prize.
And so it seemed only fitting that they would win the first two parts of the HOH, with Boogie solving the puzzle and Erika winning a childhood game. In the final part of the Head of Houeshold competition, it didn't feel like it would matter to them. No matter what, they would simply win and evict George, who they were sure would be the last member of the Secret Alliance.
But fate doesn't work out the way people intend. Yes, Erika won the final part of the HOH competition and chose to evict George, but she was greeted with a terrible surprise. Boogie revealed that he was the last member of the Secret Alliance, so he, along with Alison and James, had gained the $500,000 prize each.
And thus the season ended with Erika sobbing in the corner while Boogie, victorious through his conniving strategy of sending home another Secret Alliance member, celebrated with gusto, grateful that he was able to make it all the way to the end and win it for his team.

In the live competition:
Lord o da rings proved her puzzle solving ability, giving her victory in Part 1 of the HOH competition.
Mirdo defeated Jadethepokemontrainer at Ultimate Tic-Tac-Toe, giving him victory in Part 2 of the HOH competition.
Mirdo's knowledge of his jury members proved superior, allowing him to become the final HOH and gain the sole vote to evict.

Mirdo chose to evict:
Jadethepokemontrainer, who was George, aligned with the Houseguests

As soon as mirdo made his decision, Lord o da rings revealed that she in fact was the final member of the Secret Alliance, gaining her and her comrades the each the grand prize of $500,000, with all the Houseguests unable to gain their fair chance at victory.

Game Over
Which means that time game ends in a Secret Alliance victory. Congratulations to Lord o da rings, Vom, and Nyora, the members of the Secret Alliance!

Thanks for playing everybody! You may all now speak. I'm curious to hear what everybody thought of this setup and format aside from the activity problems, as this was something very out of the ordinary for this site.

A postgame should be up some time within the next week, so look out for that.

Links to game chats:
Live Competition Chat
Secret Alliance Chat
Deadchat

JadeGemTM

Forum Mod
Aaaa I can't believe I switched away from Lorde like that last week. That's why I'm bad at this game.
gg. This game was fun and I'm glad I actually stuck around to play so yay.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
The whole mix of mechanics was...a welcome change of pace. HOH actually forces you to commit to a lynch, which is the complete opposite of what I like to do, keeping my options open. I think this felt more like BB than Mafia (I say this never having played BB lol) since from what I played and seen it was still about getting people's trust but in a different way than Mafia if it makes sense.

Like I said, I liked the way it turned out, except for maybe the lack of Night phases to cool down and recover for the next Day. I think really that's the biggest thing for me–I couldn't just keep posting continuously over the entire span of the game without burning out. I need my Night phases man I'm already sleep deprived enough ;~;

Thanks NP!

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
I'm mad at Lorde, not for winning the game, but because she knows what she did. @Lord o da rings

Otherwise, good game, guys. I eagerly await the postgame and it was cool playing the role I did in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.