Finished Mafia LVII: Big Brother Betrayal: Game Over! Postgame Part 1 Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
idfbWC3.jpg
Big Brother All-Stars. A season with so much promise. The chance to see fan favorites (and a handful of contestants chosen by recency bias) compete for another shot at gaining half a million dollars. The chance to see how fledgling stars and bitter enemies would fare given another shot. The chance to see if players could emerge victorious, even with their former strategies unmasked.
There the contestants stood on the doorstep of their second chance, ready for a fair and honest competition. But it was not meant to be. Almost as soon as they had entered the house, the television on the living room turned on, showing Julie with a devious smile on her face. “Hello houseguests,” she announced, “before you get too comfortable, I wanted to let you in on a little secret. You know the motto of Big Brother is “expect the unexpected” and this time, the unexpected will come on the very first night. There's a three person alliance that's been created before the show even started, and we wanted to have a little fun with it. If any member of the secret alliance makes it to the Final 2, they will automatically win the grand prize, and their fellow alliance members will also get half a million dollars each. And they are ready to do whatever it takes for that to happen. Be careful who you trust, and ask yourself whose side your housemates are really on this game. Good night.”
The houseguests, shocked, surveyed the rest of the field, scouting for who the three contestants could be. Was it a reunion of the Sovereign Six? Could Diane and Jase have reconciled and made a Season 5 alliance? Might it be a group of houseguests that nobody was expecting? Time would only tell what would happen with this twist, but the Secret Alliance was sure to be gunned for from start to finish.

Welcome to Mafia 57! I’m NP and I’ll be your host this game!
If you don’t know what Mafia is (or want a refresher on how it’s played), look here for the basics. This guide teaches you basic terminology and rules, and has links to other games, which can help you learn how to play (also if you’re at all confused by this guide or want to know a bit more of the complexities of the game, feel free to ask me and I can help out).

Rules:
  1. Don’t edit or delete your posts, post during the designated update times or sabotage phase, screenshot anything, or post/like posts when eliminated.
  2. Don’t like posts.
  3. Outside Communication is completely prohibited, except for within the Secret Alliance chat.
  4. Roles and flavor have all been created before alignments were randed, and thus are not indicative of alignment. Instead, the prewritten scenes of flavor that are given will be chosen based on the houseguests that win HoH and/or are evicted.
  5. For some challenges, screenshots will be necessary. When submitting a score, to prove the score was yours, you must include the page for this game open in another tab and a separate tab displaying your username. If your submission does not include this, I will notify you that your submission is invalid.
  6. Do not quote any forms of host communication, including your role PM. Copy-pasting a host message without technically quoting it is just as illegal.
  7. Don’t speculate on alignment based on whether a player is online or not.
  8. My word is law.
  9. If you have us any questions about your role or general gameplay questions, feel free to PM me.
  10. Follow all of the standard Pokébeach rules, including those for the Forum Games.
Format (this is important):
For this game, the phases will be not based on a typical Day/Night cycle, and eliminations will not be based on the lynch system you may be accustomed to. Instead, the elimination system will follow this format (writeup edited from the one made by @Lord o da rings):

The game is divided by weeks. Each week contains a Head of Household (HOH) Competition and a Power of Veto (POV) Competition. Here’s how a the game flows each normal week:

Head of Household (HOH) Competitions: Every week these competitions will be held first thing come every week. The winner of the HOH competition will become the Head of Household for the week. The winner of an HOH competition will not be able to participate in next week’s HOH competition. This competition will typically last 36 hours. (For those who have played Big Brother before and expect a longer competition duration, note that the far majority of competitions in this game will not be based on brute force (like Flash Games) as you may be accustomed to and instead will be more mental and much less of a time commitment to play.)

Nominations: The now Head of Household will choose 2 people to be nominated for eviction. If you are nominated for eviction, you are therefore on the block, or at risk of being eliminated from the game. This phase will last up to 24 hours. If the HOH has not chosen their nominees by then, they will be randomized.

Power of Veto (POV) Competitions: This competition is a bit different. Every even numbered week (as well as any time when the game is in LYLO), the HOH, the 2 nominees, and 3 random houseguests will compete to win the Power of Veto (POV). The winner of the POV is able to keep the nominations the same or change who is nominated by using the power on one of the two nominees, taking them off the block and forcing the HOH to make a replacement nominee. This competition will typically last 36 hours. Then, there will be up to 24 hours for the POV winner to choose what they want to do with it. If the POV winner has not chosen their course of action by then, they will not use the POV.
If there are only 3 players remaining in the game, there will be a three part Head of Household competition instead of a Power of Veto competition.

Evictions: The 2 unlucky players who, after the POV, are on the block will be up for eviction. Evictions will be tallied by vote. The HOH and the nominees for eviction are not allowed to vote, but everyone else will. Whoever gets the most votes will be evicted from the house, and be eliminated from the game. In the case of a tie, the HOH will serve as the tiebreaking vote. All votes should be sent by PM, and will thus be anonymous (though the number of votes for each player will be revealed). This phase will last for 24 hours, or until all houseguests have submitted their vote. If not all players have voted by then, their vote will be discarded.

Sabotage: At the end of every even numbered week, the Secret Alliance will pick one of the Houseguests to sabotage. That houseguest will be forced to suddenly leave the house and be eliminated from the game. This phase will last for 24 hours. If the Secret Alliance does not pick anybody in time, their target will be randomized among the players not in the Secret Alliance.

This means that at a maximum, a week will last 7 IRL days. The game will last up to 43 days if there are 14 players and 53 days if there are 17 players, though it will likely be very significantly shorter (about three-quarters of the time, if not even less) than that.
I suggest to everybody, for the sake of avoiding burnout, do not get into the mindset that more discussion time is always good. There will be a plethora of discussion time no matter what, so please just make your decisions as quickly as you are comfortable (and be a good person if you’re scum and don’t try to encourage burnout for a small increase in win percentage).

It is worth noting that the flavor and therefore some competitions will be based off of Big Brother US 7. Here is a link to the page of all competitions of BB7, so everybody is on equal footing when it comes to expecting competitions (though it won't actually ever give you a leg up in them and is more likely than not to just be a distraction lol). This season is over ten years old so I doubt anybody will want to avoid spoilers, but just in case you do, flavor is not at all essential to playing this game and thus you do not need to read it.

Factions:
In this game, there are two main factions. The Houseguests (or town), and Secret Alliance (or scum). If the game is 17 players, there will also be America’s Player (an independently aligned player).
The Houseguests’ goal is to prevent all the members of the Secret Alliance from being one of the final two remaining players. The Houseguests are the uninformed majority.
The goal of Secret Alliance is to have at least one member of the alliance reach the final two remaining players. The Secret Alliance are the informed minority.
America’s Player will be given 3 tasks every week and have to complete 8 of them over the course of the game, after which they will be removed from the house, replacing the eviction for that week.

Inactivity:
There will be little tolerance for inactivity in the game, and your signup is a serious commitment. In order to keep the game flowing naturally and on track, a warning system is in place for anyone unable to complete a challenge or submit a vote. You will receive a warning if you fail to submit something for a competition, fail to make your nominations/use the Power of Veto/vote to evict in time, or do not make at least five discussion posts in thread every elimination cycle.

Warning #1: You will not be able to be picked in the random draw for the next Power of Veto competition.
Warning #2: You will not be able to participate in the next Head of Household competition.
Warning #3: You will be subbed out.

Please let me know a week in advance (it can be as little as 48 hours, but a week gives you the best chance of a positive response) if you will be inactive and unable to participate in some phase and I will try to find a way in which you can participate in advance, so that you can avoid getting a warning. There’s no guarantee this will be possible, but for the far majority of things, there’s a quite simple solution if you just alert me ahead of time.
If you are still unable to submit due to a technical difficulty or life complications, let me know before the submission deadline, and I will give you your Technical Difficulties Week, one elimination cycle without being given a warning if you are unable to submit (though you will not be safe during this time).
Do not attempt to game this system in any way or you will be immediately subbed out or modkilled, depending on the severity of the violation.

Special Mechanics:
Twists: The motto of Big Brother is to “expect the unexpected” for a reason! This game will have occasional twists that will shake up the game, though the general elimination format will be consistent.
Live Competitions: If everybody is able to synchronize their schedules, we may end up having live competitions, where the HOH or POV is played in less than an hour. This will only happen if you can all get online at the same time, so if you happen to be unavailable at a time when a live competition is scheduled, just let me know and it will not occur.

Roles:
The following are the exact role PMs that will be sent (i.e. every player will be given one of these exact roles with this exact formatting and the only difference being their characters, which will be randomized independently of alignment). Though you are not allowed to ever quote your role PM, a town version of all Role PMs will still be provided.

Houseguest Role PM:
[Insert Image of Character Here]​
You are [Character] and you are aligned with the Houseguests.
Win Condition: Prevent all members of the Secret Alliance from being one of the final two remaining players.

Secret Alliance Role PM:
You are [Character] and you are aligned with the Secret Alliance.
The link to your official Secret Alliance chat will be sent to you in the next PM.
Win Condition: Have at least one member of the Secret Alliance reach the final two remaining players.

America’s Player Role PM:
You are [Character] and you are America’s Player.
Every week, you will be given three tasks to complete. One will be to get a randomly chosen houseguest nominated, a second will be to have a randomly chosen nominee be evicted (if you are one of the nominees, you will not be eligible for this task), and a third will depend on the week. If you are the Head of Household or a voter, you will be forced to nominate or vote in a way that aligns with your task.
If you complete 8 tasks over the course of the game, you will be removed from the game, replacing that week’s eviction. If you are evicted or sabotaged, you will be revealed as a normal Houseguest, rather than as America’s Player.
Win Condition: Complete 8 tasks over the course of the game.

If the game is 14 players, there will be 11 Houseguests and 3 members of the Secret Alliance. This means that for the Secret Alliance to win, 5 Houseguests will have to be evicted (as opposed to their three).
If the game is 17 players, there will be 13 Houseguests, 3 members of the Secret Alliance and 1 America’s Player. This means that for the Secret Alliance to win, 6 Houseguests will have to be evicted (as opposed to their three), or 7 if America’s Player does not accomplish their goal. The randomness of America’s Player, and the chaos (and likelihood of a mislynch) they cause, should balance this setup to a similar Secret Alliance win chance as the first one.

You may note that for the Secret Alliance to win, they must have significantly more Houseguest than Secret Alliance evictions. This site tends to be significantly scumsided, and without the presence of power roles (and with anonymous votes and this atypical elimination system), it will likely become more so. As such, the numbers of incorrect evictions allowed will be comparable to the mislynches allowed in a Mountainous setup, instead of a Role Madness one like this site is used to.

This game is designed for either 14 or 17 players. All players after the player count is reached will be subs. The deadline for signups is March 6th, or a week from this post going online. To sign up, comment that you want to play and tell me your Discord tag, whether you are playing on mobile, computer, or both, and affirm that you will be able to stay committed. Please also confirm that you are aware of the rules regarding quoting host communication, which are different this game than typically.

Players:
1. Celever-Marcellas, sabotaged Week 4
2. GekkisaiDaiNi Lord o da rings
3. Jadethepokemontrainer
4. VioletValkyrie-Jase, sabotaged Week 6
5. Vom-James, evicted Week 2
6. Zone Q11-Diane, evicted Week 1
7. Blinkehyo-Howie, evicted Week 7
8. mordacazir GM DracLord-Danielle, evicted Week 5
9. mirdo
10. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK-Nakomis, evicted Week 3
11. Geyde Marluxion-Will, evicted Week 6
12. bbninjas-Janelle, sabotaged Week 2
13. JCMaxwell Nyora-Alison, evicted Week 4

Subs:
1. Lord o da rings-Subbed in Week 2
2. Nyora-Subbed in Week 1
3. Firekitten
4. GM DracLord-Subbed in Week 1
5. Marluxion-Subbed in Week 2
6. This could be you!

Good luck and remember to expect the unexpected!

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Update Chart
Week 1:
Head of Household (Results): Vom
Nominations: Zone Q11 and mirdo
Eviction: Zone Q11, Houseguest. (Vote 4-3)

Week 2:
Head of Household (Results): TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
Nominations: Geyde and VioletValkyrie
Power of Veto (Results): VioletValkyrie
Veto Usage (Replacement): VioletValkyrie saved; Vom replacement
Eviction: Vom, Secret Alliance. (Vote 5-3)
Sabotage: bbninjas, Houseguest

Week 3:
Head of Household (Results): Celever and VioletValkyrie
Nominations (Agreement): TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK and Nyora (Nominated by VioletValkyrie), Celever agrees
Eviction: TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, Houseguest. (Vote 6-0)

Week 4:
Head of Household: Lord o da rings
Nominations: GM DracLord and Nyora
Power of Veto: VioletValkyrie
Veto Usage: Unused
Eviction: Nyora, Secret Alliance. (Vote 6-0)
Sabotage: Celever, Houseguest

Week 5:
Head of Household (Results): VioletValkyrie
Nominations: GM DracLord and Blinkehyo
Eviction: GM DracLord, Houseguest. (Vote 4-0)

Week 6:
Head of Household (Part 1 Results and Part 2 Results): Blinkehyo
Nominations: Mirdo and Marluxion
Power of Veto (Results): Mirdo
Veto Usage (Replacement): Mirdo saved; Lord o da rings replacement
Eviction: Marluxion, Houseguest. (Vote 2-0)
Sabotage: VioletValkyrie, Houseguest

Week 7:
Head of Household (Results): Mirdo
Nominations: Jadethepokemontrainer and Blinkehyo
Eviction: Blinkehyo, Houseguest. (Vote 1-0)

Week 8:
Head of Household Part 1: Lord o da rings
Head of Household Part 2: Mirdo
Head of Household Part 3: Mirdo

Postgame:

Game Over
Postgame Part 1

Last edited:

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Definitely in. My Discord tag is Jade Star Stone#3380. I'll be playing mainly on desktop, though I may use my phone sometimes. I doubt I'll be playing any competitions on my phone. I should definitely be committed.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
In for sure. Discord tag is GekkisaiDaiNi#5890 and I usually use the site on my MacBook, though I sometimes check it with my phone. Won't be doing comps on my phone though.

Last edited by a moderator:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
I just... I just want to play BB...

I don't care for Mafia, but put me in anyways because I guess you convinced me.

EDIT: You have my Discord tag (@Disaster Violet#4548), I'm playing on a computer and I will be able to commit. I'm aware of the rules.

Last edited:

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
In! My Discord tag is Vom#3051 and I'll be playing on both phone and computer. I agree to the terms and conditions about host quoting.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
I just... I just want to play BB...

I don't care for Mafia, but put me in anyways because I guess you convinced me.
What is this? Violet playing a Big Brother Mafia game? I can't contain the feeleing of rivalry... ##VOTE: VioletValkyrie

I won't play this time around, but good luck to the Town :)

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Why invite me at midnight...?
Also, is this the mountainous game?

Anyways, I'm in. You know my discord. (Zone Q11#3619) When it comes to mafia, I play often on mobile to respond quickly, but use my laptop to gather up long arguments. I affirm to be commited, and I am aware of the rules.

...well, that last part is false. I still don't get why I would need PoV, but I guess we will see that soon. Also, if this challenge has anything to with flash games (which it apparently is), then I will be sure to abstain from them at least 20% of the time.

NinjaPenguin

Also, is this the mountainous game?
Yep! All roles are vanilla, with the exception of America's Player.
...well, that last part is false. I still don't get why I would need PoV, but I guess we will see that soon.
The PoV serves a couple of purposes. First, if the HoH makes a poor decision, others can force them to change their nominations, helping create more of a balance of power and creating more information being spread about what reads people actually have by forcing them to commit to actions.
Additionally, in LYLO situations, the POV serves to prevent scum from automatically winning the game just by winning the HOH competition.
Also, if this challenge has anything to with flash games (which it apparently is), then I will be sure to abstain from them at least 20% of the time
If you wish to abstain, please at the very least send a screenshot of you scoring zero to me so that you do not receive a warning.
Also, the far majority of competitions will not be Flash Games, but those that are will be (at least in my opinion) quite fun and you should give them a try at the very least.

Last edited:

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
When I saw this in my inbox I literally thought this was a big brother game...
Guess I can't read:p
/In

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Yep! All roles are vanilla, with the exception of America's Player.
If you wish to abstain, please at the very least send a screenshot of you scoring zero to me so that you do not receive a warning.
Also, the far majority of competitions will not be Flash Games, but those that are will be (at least in my opinion) quite fun and you should give them a try at the very least.
Understood.
The PoV serves a couple of purposes. First, if the HoH makes a poor decision, others can force them to change their nominations, helping create more of a balance of power and creating more information being spread about what reads people actually have by forcing them to commit to actions.
Additionally, in LYLO situations, the POV serves to prevent scum from automatically winning the game just by winning the HOH competition.
Doesn't the opposite hold true as well? As in, if scum is the PoV, wouldn't scum be able to prevent HoH? --wait. Never mind. I just re-read to be sure and there needs to be 3 conf!towns to... hm? 3 conf!towns? ...huh?
the HOH, the 2 nominees, and 3 random houseguests
...I assume this houseguest is random Player and not random Town.
--anyways as I was saying before I said "Never mind": If scum get to be the PoV, then they can delay their execution, right?

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Imma sign up for this. Sure why not.

mirdo#7165 on discord

Status
Not open for further replies.