Finished Mafia LII : The Game World

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by GM DracLord, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camoclone TCG Articles Head
    Camoclone

Forum Mod Articles Head Activities Head Member

Can you please explain this post? All of it.

1. What does the first sentence mean?
    2. Why do you think TE is town?

##UNVOTE:
    ##VOTE: TeamAqua4Life

2. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Why did you feel like explaining something you do each game to someone experienced enough to know that already?

3. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Why are you letting NP know this? I mean, why the quote and not just tell everyone in general?

4. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Unless you provide a reason, this is an obvious bandwagon of Camo's post on TE.

##UNVOTE:
    ##VOTE:Nick

5. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

What did you intend to achieve by casting this vote?

I'm finding the 'RVS' in this game less pointless than usual, and considering that, I'd like to see you around and commenting moreso throughout the day.

Ftr, don't feel obligated to be online and active 24/7 - those expectations are untrue and unrealistic - so don't worry about having highs and lows in activity over the game.

Why did you get the impression that PMJ was explaining specifically to someone experience (presumably you mean me)?

This is an obvious bandwagon of Camo's post on Aqua.

6. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

He literally quoted you.

Explain to me how

7. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

And why you considered it a bandwagon, presumingly that you mean it as a scummy one (unless you didn't, in which case I don't understand what's your point)

8. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Context! I said something like "Enjoy pony-land", and PMJ's response was a pony .gif. He then followed up with an explanation, but I don't see any indication that the explanation was specifically directed at me (considering I never asked for it). (People speak generally to the town all the time?)

Camo's post: (off which you wagoned); starts a potential wagon on Aqua, implies suspicions relate to 'why Aqua though TE was town'.
    scattered's post: for the same reason implied by Camo (i.e. the 'band', as in people/s), scattered jumps onto the Aqua wagon (i.e. the band wagon\).

9. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

You failed to explain what is scummy in that.

10. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

2 people find someone scummy- one votes the other joins- that's it? that's your definition for a scummy bandwagon?

11. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Yes, it was for you because he would not have said that without your post.

12. NinjaPenguin Always standing out from the crowd.
    NinjaPenguin

Mind explaining why first time scum are particularly more eager and confident than first time town? I tend to think it's the other way around.
    Why was Nick's bandwagon scummy and yours not, then? I found his reasoning to be as well explained as yours.

@Luispipe8 @mordacazir @roz_the_eevee Mind giving your input on the situation?

13. Camoclone TCG Articles Head
    Camoclone

The same thing town intends to achieve with any vote.

14. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

And that is? Pressure? If so, what sort of reaction were you expecting from PMJ, considering that you (or someone else) pressures him like this in nearly every game?

15. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Because what makes a scummy bandwagon is one without explanation. At least by my book.

16. NinjaPenguin Always standing out from the crowd.
    NinjaPenguin

I thought it was explained? That he read Camo as eager scum in his first ever game.

17. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

scattered, I was drawing an equivalence between Aqua jumping onto the "TE is townie" train and you jumping onto the "Aqua is scummy" train, because I'd consider them at the same levels of 'problematic-ness' (or, more accurately, 'neutral-ness'). No, I don't find either wagon jump particularly scummy within the context we have so far, although we now have some interesting information on you to shift through.

We all regularly make comments addressed to the crowd that were inspired by someone else's post or their response to it. An example of yours would be here; the unbolded was obviously directed at TE, but the bolded was directed at everyone else (i.e. "[hey guys, listen,] this is a classic scum move").

PMJ's "explanation" appears to have been a status update of sorts.

18. NinjaPenguin Always standing out from the crowd.
    NinjaPenguin

Oh wait you mean his read on TE. Your point makes sense now sorry.
    @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK Why did you sheep Camo's read on TE despite thinking he was scum?

19. Camoclone TCG Articles Head
    Camoclone

Why are you so antsy about me playing to my win condition?

20. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Read again. This is not the point I was referring to. I was referring to him town reading TE after Camo said TE is townie without providing a reasoning. Now, after understanding this, do you agree, and if not, why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?