Lucky's Fiery Den of Art

RE: Lucky's Fiery Den of Art - DIGITAL DRAWING YES

[member]Pikachu22[/member] wanted me to draw a Pikachu. I gave her one. :3

2jbs049.jpg

(Note: not included in the first post because it's a request)

RE: Lucky's Fiery Den of Art - DIGITAL DRAWING YES

SUPER-CHIBI KYKA.

5m07pt.jpg

I got to try out my skills on shading and a new style of fluffy. >w<

Ha, I guess I'm a sort of furry as well as a scaly. Oh yeah, scaly means obsessed with reptiles I guess. :p

RE: Lucky's Fiery Den of Art - asdfghjkl

...did you even try with this latest bunch? The quality of your submissions tends to fluctuate.

Yeah, sorry about that, DNA. I was just bored at the time, and my art skills tend to vary when I'm bored.

In the meantime, here's a few drawings I made in the few past days. These probably have better quality than the latest bunch I threw up.

2w4h0ec.jpg

So yeah, this is kind of based off a weird dream I had last night. xD Here's a lousy description of the dream.

I went to my uncle's home. But then all of the sudden I was in the waters of the shore next to his house, and I got pushed up to the sand, then I turned around and went down a big, white water-slide that looked like it belonged to an amusement park in my state.

I then flopped down on the floor near the ride and exited the ride. Before I could move any further, I was teleported to a bedroom with a bunk bed, and I had two bananas in my hands. I brought them together, and a humanoid being was born. He stood on the floor, his ridiculous banana feet waiting for me to give an order.

After a few seconds, we teleported to an Amazonian river's dock with two creatures that were speaking to me, laughing with me. There was also a crowd of five people, but three disappeared. Two of the remaining three ran into the river and drowned, and my banana-footed friend transformed into a rainbow Corbi and scared the pants off the last guy.

Then we were back in the bedroom, and I was lying in the top bunk, tossing and turning. But! I fell into the depths of the walls and the bunk next to me. I shouted and waved for help. They were searching for me, those two creatures and my banana-footed friend.

Finally, my banana-footed friend pulled me out and vanished as I woke up.

That was a good dream. It even came close to making me laugh.

A link to another first drawing of a character. Yeah, his actual name is Guilt. It used to be Sam until he died in some sort of accident that I'm currently making a comic about.

(also no he doesn't have banana feet)

Also, more links to the comic I mentioned earlier in that spoiler. Yes, both are on paper, and since they're too big:
Clicky and another clicky.
I'll probably post another page of the comic later, and hopefully be able to finish it before I get bored of drawing it.

EDIT: Found an old photo I'd taken a year ago when I went to camp. Yeah, camp taught me a few things. LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY. When I found this leaf, I just looked at the sky and left it there until sunset, then picked it up and took a photo of it to make a wallpaper for my computer. I dunno... how the quality of this photo is so good. Even when I took it with an iPhone. And no, it's not being put in the main post because it's too big.

Wow! That photo is great!

I love the way the sun shines through the leaf, very cool;)

One little hint for this kind of photo, (My mom told me this!) try to keep buildings and other man-made things out of the photo, it makes it more natural that way.

But still a great photo! Can't wait to see more of your photography:)

Thanks, Grumpigfarmer!

Now I've got a random thingy I drew a few moments ago.
WARNING: Might contain some type of content.
30vnd5l.jpg

This is actually from a funny conversation I had with some friends a few weeks ago. It went like this:
Guy: What if we had underwear we could poop in? Like, you poop into a hole in the underwear and it went into the other part of underwear.
Other guy: And when you sit down, it'd just go sploosh.
Me: That's called a diaper. But what if when we pooped into our 'underwear', and there was some sort of machine in the underwear that turned our poop into fire that spouts out?
Guy: Perfect! Imagine if I pulled down my pants and then just went like: "NNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHH!" and pooped out fire into a person's face?
Me: LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I have some weird conversations with guys.

edit:
BLAAH
x5e0o.jpg
I have boredom issues.

A failed attempt at some sort of overworld trainer sprite for my persona, Lucky, so I just turned it into a stupid icon or something. Do not feel free to use. :p
2yo8kev.jpg

That's actually pretty good if this is your first time creating it. Things like that tend to happen to a lot of people (especially me). I decided to create a jungle landscape piece, a few months back, but it ended up turning into an abstract piece instead (I probably just gave up half way and played around with various filters), but I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

Nice work!

That is a very brilliant piece of sprite work! I like how you made the dragon's expression come across as being annoyed, and I am wondering what put him/her in a foul mood. I am also liking the way you went about structuring the pixels.

Keep working on more! I would love to see them!

Thanks, Morsus and Ice Arceus! :)

Now, I deleted the main app I used for drawing on the iPad, Meritium Paint, and got Colors! Lite to replace it. This is my first completed piece on this fantastic thing:

29psx8j.jpg

(no that glowing purple stuff on her head and back aren't actually tentacles; they're just unstable gaseous-like... tentacles)

I don't really know what her name is, but what I do know is that the dragon's either a new form of my persona Lucky, or it's a new persona. Or maybe it's just something to base my Halloween costume off. :p

Man, all that sparkly scale stuff on her took a while to do. But I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out.

[member]TokyoToots[/member] requested that I digitally draw Slurpuff and Peroriimu (also known as Aromatisse by its English name). Here it is, Tokyo!

2aj7sjc.jpg

Okay, so it's been a while since I last posted. Here's a piece of meh artwork for you.

20z1f7a.jpg

So I guess the dragon's name is Anukla, or Ana for short. I think she can shapeshift into stuff, and also breathe steam - JUST STEAM. No fire.

Someone's improving.

I think what really stands out for this drawing (at least to me) is the choice of color - really calm, soft colors were used (green, dark yellow, purple, etc), in such a way that they blend together, and there isn't one color that's particularly jarring or upsetting. The background fade-out is nice as well, it kinda compliments the whole steam thing you were trying to convey. And, aside from one of the left green prongs on the head being a bit too short, everything is proportionally accurate as well!

I don't know why you think it's meh; it's definitely one of your better pieces.

Cool work, Nice to see a software like paint used over photoshop and the others. Do you draw on paper at home too?

Whoa, whoa, what is this? A new update at last in a while? YES IT IS

wwi6qf.jpg

...ignore the Colors! symbol on the bottom left please. When I tried to export it to photos or to my email, it came out either pixelated or incomplete. So I had to screenshoot it. ;-;

My Jolteon looks decent, but the background and her glow is bleh. :c

agh why does every drawing I make on the iPad come out all wrong

It's so cute! I love the eyes and how you made the whole body stand out by using dark colors. I also like how the body is glowing.

Overall, your Jolteon drawing is pretty good. A few things that could have enhanced the quality of the piece was if you included complete outlines of the figure, and made them slighly more smoother.

The background color works nicely with Jolteon, since it is bringing the viewer's direct attention towards Jolteon and helps the electricity, surrounding Jolteon, stand out. The electricity is also working against the piece, because it just seem like random lines running around the artwork, and might be difficult for a user to figure out what it is exactly, especially if they had never heard of this Electric type Pokemon. This was really the main thing that was hurting the quality of the piece, in my opinion.

One thing that did impress me, however, was the way the eyes turned out. The two shades of green provide a nice effect for the eyes and worked with the surrounding black to draw emphasis toward the iris.

Nice job!

Ice Arceus already said most of it (I think the drawing is positively fantastic), so I only have one thing to add.

"My, Grandma Jolteon, what big thighs you have..."

Back