Lucky's Fiery Den of Art

RE: Lucky's Fiery Den of Art ("A pink lemonade volcano! RUN!")

L851DSj.png

WHO MESSED WITH THE CODE

i don't even

How the heck did this happen ;-;

Welp, looks like I'm gonna be spending a while trying to fix this and figuring how it happened.

Eer. Hmm. I edited the post to make the code simpler and more methodical. No idea what went wrong there.

2dt4y91.jpg

"Wait! Wait--" Monoray's voice faded away as the mysterious creature sent him off into the hostile region of Selarkia.

The above text is what I hope to use in a future story. I just thought it'd be interesting if I took the cyan jewel on the back of his shirt and made it so that the jewel had powers that Monoray didn't know about until up to some point in the story. So now I think I'd call this Monoray's lunar side. Fun fact is, the name doesn't really refer to the moon, but to genders. Notice the symbols on the back of Monoray's shirt? In olden times, there were symbols on restrooms, rather than actual figures of females and males. The sun represented the male gender, while the moon represented the female one. Monoray got his name because he (or she) is both genders, or bisexual. Okay, that was part of the reason. It's because he's gray-furred.

...darn it, I described too much...

Agh. I hate the fact that the software I used to create this turns it into low-resolution junk. >:O

RE: Lucky's Fiery Den of Art - I hate the iPad's art apps; I paid two bucks for this junk. :F

I just found out that one of the art apps I purchased for the iPad and abandoned actually has a use. :O

At first it seemed daunting...

2u4cl.gif

...but then I saw somebody else successfully animate with the app, so I figured why not try.

This is actually pretty decent for a practice GIF.

RE: Lucky's Fiery Den of Art - I take it back.

2ai1q8y.jpg

I don't know what to animate. Perhaps I'll work on animating spinning stuff or fast movement. Those are normally hard for me to do.

(lol the gray figure's face in the upper right corner looks like something I'd have drawn long ago when I was little)

That's actually pretty good if this is your first time working with animation. I find animation to be one of my favorite fields in art.

The first few frames need to have a smoother transition, but the last few frames are nicely drawn out and animated. The quick retreat by the gray figure, is definitely one of the strongest scenes.

Keep it up! I definitely look forward to seeing more animation pieces. :)

Ice Arceus said:
That's actually pretty good if this is your first time working with animation. I find animation to be one of my favorite fields in art.

Haha, truth be told, this isn't my first time. I started off working on a computer completely digitally, and then I was thrilled to know that my new DSi had Flipnote. And now I use an app called Flip Boom to do the animation. Pretty much most of my digital art comes from a iPad nowdays. :p

Thank you so much for the critique! I appreciate it.

EDIT: Look to the first post and you'll find my... kinda fail banner?

2ag3nrm.jpg

...I have absolutely no idea how I made this only using a computer and mouse (along with a program similar to Paint) in a hour at midnight.

On the other hand, I was finally able to draw my character's wings folded in a non-awkward way.

Luckyfire said:
2ag3nrm.jpg

Spoiler'd. Please don't quote images directly. - Delta

...I have absolutely no idea how I made this only using a computer and mouse (along with a program similar to Paint) in a hour at midnight.

On the other hand, I was finally able to draw my character's wings folded in a non-awkward way.

How far did she fall?
That pose looks like she fell of a cliff and barely survived, but I know you were trying to imitate a soft cat like pounce.
Practice makes perfect though!

2hqqg6u.jpg

Second try at acrylics. I kinda hate the fact that I used a white one to illustrate Lucky's eyes, but it just made them look... creepier. o_O

Next time I'll do the background first, then only use colors and decide whether if it should include black outlines or not.

That is a nice start on animation. Looking forward to more.

Thanks, Morsus!

Anyways, half the day the Internet was out, so I just made these characters out of boredom. WITH ONLY A PAINT-RELATED PROGRAM AND A MOUSE.

2ikuolj.jpg

So, this here basically is a random demon named Thorn. I have no idea what kind of animal he's supposed to be based off.

e5nrjt.jpg

And this is a sort of dog-slash-cat girl. Her name's Chimella, since she has these little bells on her ears and tail.

RE: Lucky's Fiery Den of Art - DIGITAL DRAWING YES

Hm. Nobody's commented. Might as well show you what Lucky really was supposed to look like before I drew her all wrong.

11156pk.jpg

Yes, this is my first drawing of Lucky. I blurred the words on the paper for personal reasons.

...think I should continue drawing her with legs, or just revert back to my old style... with some changes.

Might as well show you two of my older drawings before my art style changed.

er0ahs.jpg

Yeah, drew that last year.
Also, say hello to the second of my main characters - Luf. Yeah, she used to be unnamed and then I figured this would fit her. (It's the Swedish word for 'airy'.)

I have three main characters: Lucky came first, then Luf, and finally Kyka.

2i28tx4.jpg

Whee, I went for realistic this time. Also ignore the spelling mistake.

...also, no this won't be included in the main gallery because of size reasons.

Sorry for the triple post, but I made a drawing of the old Lucky in my current style to see how it'd turn out. Gotta admit it, it's not half bad.

2802nh2.jpg

From on now I shall draw Lucky like this. Legs are way too mainstream. :3

Luckyfire, while your cell-shading techniques and your art style has gained some tangible improvement, the lines that you created as a base to work from are still looking way too haphazard for my liking. I understand that you are trying to make the best that you could possibly can from a mouse. However, without a decent tablet to work from, you are not going to be really making much progress if you choose to continue using the mouse. This is especially bad if you wish to take up a career later on in the digital illustration field. There are many tablets online that can be purchased at a very low price, if money is the source of your dilemma. At this point, I highly suggest that you buy one first before going any further in your digital art endeavors. It will be a lot more efficient in the long run, I tell you.

Otherwise, I wish to once again compliment you in your improvements and progress in your illustrations. Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing more from you.

That is soooo cute!!! I love the color combo:)

Thanks! Usually I just pick a rust-reddish color in the color wheel and tone down the brightness a little. I was worried that the red was too bright. xD

Your art is constantly improving!

The overall pose is pretty good, you should try drawing it at an angle so we can see the left side of it and get a good sense of the features around there. One thing that you may want to work on is the shading, and you may also want to try using a slightly larger pool of colors to bring out the true qualities of the artwork.

Another thing is that you may want to work on cleaning up the lines and making them smoother. Do you use a tablet or a mouse?

Overall, you did a very nice job with the piece. Keep it up! :)

Ice Arceus said:
Your art is constantly improving!

The overall pose is pretty good, you should try drawing it at an angle so we can see the left side of it and get a good sense of the features around there. One thing that you may want to work on is the shading, and you may also want to try using a slightly larger pool of colors to bring out the true qualities of the artwork.
Haha, yeah, that's usually an out-of-the-box area for me. When I draw digitally, I nearly always make the bases face left or right, not in between. xD

And yeah, one flaw I have with the shading is that when I shade, it always seems like too little or much. As for the colouring, I'll try more for that next time, and maybe draw a background too.

Another thing is that you may want to work on cleaning up the lines and making them smoother. Do you use a tablet or a mouse?
I wish I had a tablet. I used a mouse for the latest one.

Back