Kingdra ex, Horsea Illustration Rare, Dangerous Laser ACE SPEC, and More Revealed from “Night Wanderer!”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several new cards have just been revealed from SV6a Night Wanderer, including Kingdra ex! The set releases in Japan on June 7th, with cards from Night Wanderer becoming part of our Shrouded Fable set on August 2nd.
Thanks goes to JustInBasil, Jake C., and Toine L. for the translations!
Horsea – Water – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[W] Hold Still: Heal 30 damage from this Pokémon.
[C][C] Fin Cutter: 20 damage.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Seadra – Water –...

Continue reading...

I might just be yapping but is that Kingdra a slot in for Chien-Pao or maybe even straight up outclass it? Might be too slow, but you can get Baxcalibur and another Kingdra on your Bench by turn 2.

I have to look at the Loyal 3 cards again but Janine seems basically designed for them.

Last edited:
Why is dangerous laser an Ace Spec? Is a weaker version of hypnotoxic laser, sleep could buy you a turn while confusion can be cured while retreat and there arent even burn amplifiers and burn could not even stay for more than one turn, if a least have a rule like "this card return to your hand at the end of your turn" or something, I dont know...

Seadra not having an AR is leading me to think that there isn't a Kingdra ex SAR in this set.
Yeah same. Also if I’m numbering correctly it seems we will have 4 SARs of Pokémon this time, quite unprecedented since we always get half of ex as SARs and this set seems to still have just 6. So yeah quite likely then for the lousy trio to get the art rare then. Well I’m feasting bc I love Fezandipiti

I love that edgy Penny does fit with the other “evil” smarties. And then Janine for general poison support ofc

Yeah same. Also if I’m numbering correctly it seems we will have 4 SARs of Pokémon this time, quite unprecedented since we always get half of ex as SARs and this set seems to still have just 6. So yeah quite likely then for the lousy trio to get the art rare then. Well I’m feasting bc I love Fezandipiti

Yeah I think you're right. I just realised to look at Pecharunt's SAR number and what you say adds up.

Why is dangerous laser an Ace Spec? Is a weaker version of hypnotoxic laser, sleep could buy you a turn while confusion can be cured while retreat and there arent even burn amplifiers and burn could not even stay for more than one turn, if a least have a rule like "this card return to your hand at the end of your turn" or something, I dont know...
I agree that it is pretty weak, but in theory you can play it turn 1 going first with baby Pechurant, Dangerous Jungle, and Hisuian Sneasler to deal a guaranteed 120 damage before your opponent takes a turn. I think they were afraid of making that a consistent option, but that said, maybe they should have just designed a different card smh

That's a ukio styled one though maybe even to make up for the fact there isn't actually one.
It’s just a fancy way to put it for our boxes. There is nothing ukio-e about the two we have seen and they are still normal AR/SIRs

Crobat: Toxic Fangs > Poison Fang, which badly poisons the opponent in the video games, simulated by this attack's double poison damage in the TCG.

It’s just a fancy way to put it for our boxes. There is nothing ukio-e about the two we have seen and they are still normal AR/SIRs
They clearly have a similar style so they are likely to originate from the same japanese set, which is not this one.

I must say, TPC really needs to step up their SAR game again.

The Ogerpons were so bland and should have been the SRs. None of the 3 different variations look that much different from each other and that is bad when 2 of them are just in-house cheap 5ban Graphics work.

Then the set right after we get Pecharunt, that somehow manages to look even worse than Ogerpon considering there is no excuse for it to be just chains on an empty black background. It again looks similar to the CGI normal art.

And now it looks like we have the Loyal 3 getting SARs - hopefully there is a better concept and art director otherwise I fear it's gonna connect to Pecharunt somehow and then we'll have 8 SAR Pokemon in a row that look like glorified SRs.

The fact these are going to be much rarer to pull and have texture over the existing ARs is an insult since all 5 of them look brilliant and would've looked even better with texture. Won't complain about them being cheaper but what a waste of texture.

They clearly have a similar style so they are likely to originate from the same japanese set, which is not this one.
The two we have don’t have a similar style at all. They are just two arts by different artist. We had stuff like that throughout all sets. The Greninja probably is a different set, but the Kingdra may originates here.

The two we have don’t have a similar style at all. They are just two arts by different artist. We had stuff like that throughout all sets. The Greninja probably is a different set, but the Kingdra may originates here.
I really doubt the Kingdra originates from this set. If Kingdra would have gotten an SIR card, Horsea wouldn't have gotten an AR card, since either it's one member of the line or the entire line receiving IR/SIR (see Pidgeot ex, Revavroom ex, Blastoise ex). And when it's a full-line IR/SIR they are all revealed at the same time, see the recent example with Dusknoir or previous with Revavroom and Pidgeot.

It also wouldn't make much sense, to me at least, for a set based around Pecharunt and the Loyal Three to have SIR cards of Pecharunt and then one or two of the Loyal Three instead of all three.

Furthermore, even though the cards (Kingambit and Greninja) have different artists, they are all, including Kingdra, specifically described as "Ukiyo-e (woodblock) art style" which, at least to me, indicates that they all have similar origins

Back