Kingdra ex, Horsea Illustration Rare, Dangerous Laser ACE SPEC, and More Revealed from “Night Wanderer!”

I'm a little frustrated this isn't just hypnotoxic Lazer. Probably gotta be one of the weakest ace specs even by BW standards. Just throw a coin flip on the confuse and make it a regular item.

Also I'm sad they didn't just reprint rescue stretcher, but instead a knock off. If I wanna grab energy, I'll use retrieval since it's a staple. Rod won't be here forever and having the option to shuffle 3 mons back is better than half an e. retrieval.

Turn 1: flood your board with Horsea.
Turn 2: evolve at least the active to Seadra, beat to evolve more. Grab Kingdra and probably Baxcallibur.
Turn 3: evolve to Kingdra, get Back into discard, should do more than 1, Hydro Pump the rest of the game. It's harder to get going than Chien-Pao Bax, but it's doable. Also welcome back Hypnotoxic Laser

"Brain Melting Laser" sounds a little violent for a children's game, doesn't it? The name of the card doesn't need to explain the whole function of the card, that's what the effect text is for.

As Maltrab mentioned, it's important to put it into perspective. Dangerous Laser is an ACE SPEC card because they don't want the next three blocks to feature an item card that effectively reads "inflict 20 damage, plus maybe some extra effects that could amount to up to 70 damage" at anywhere from one to four copies in most decks in the game. The card doesn't need to have its own built-in recursion engine to "justify itself" because the purpose of a new ACE SPEC card is not to become the only ACE SPEC card anyone wants to be using in any deck, but to create a series of niche options that appeal to certain strategies or playstyles, some of which might not even exist until people get their hands on it.
Suppose your right. I was thinking that maybe a tad too far.

Janine is the first "serious" acceleration in the H block. But compared to even something like Sada, it's way more balanced.
sadly, a supporter who don't draw can't be used every turns, so i don't think it'll be good, even with crobat

Turn 1: flood your board with Horsea.
Turn 2: evolve at least the active to Seadra, beat to evolve more. Grab Kingdra and probably Baxcallibur.
Turn 3: evolve to Kingdra, get Back into discard, should do more than 1, Hydro Pump the rest of the game. It's harder to get going than Chien-Pao Bax, but it's doable. Also welcome back Hypnotoxic Laser
I cooked up a decklist in the Deck Garage (https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/th...alibur-origin-forme-palkia-vstar-idea.154939/) but basically:
Turn 1: flood your board with Horsea, then Carmine to get all kinds of stuff in the discard pile
Turn 2: Irida to evolve into Kingdra, get all the stuff on your bench
Turn 3: profit

Back