Finished Kingdoms IV - Into the Fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
s35wUVa.png

Credit to BigfootAUS for the banner!

Welcome all to the hottest Kingdoms game ever; Into the Fire! Kingdoms is a game where players are the King or Queen of their own Kingdom and conquer land through Pokémon battles. The Kingdoms have their own type and Pokémon from that Kingdom always have that type in their evolutionary line.

This fourth game of Kingdoms is played in a new-found region called Torrid. Royals from all over the world have travelled here to take claim of this magnificent land and are prepared to go into war for it! (Which will surely happen, this is Kingdoms after all.)

I, Drohn of the Fire Kingdom, will be your host. It’s time to celebrate, because this means someone else will stand a chance of winning!

Basic Information:
  • The game has day and night phases. During day phases you must declare war on other players and battle in order to win land and ranks. During night phases you may perform various actions such as trading, training, working, infiltrating, and more. Random events may pop-up during the night with special rewards.
  • All players begin with 8 different basic-form starter Pokémon that meet the requirements described below. They can evolve by gaining ranks through battle and training. More Pokémon are trained by your Kingdom throughout the game and during uneven-numbered night phases you can choose a new Pokémon of your Kingdom to join your team. They start at the same rank as the current night phase. You can also gain more Pokémon by winning battles and infiltrating other Kingdoms.
  • Pokémon with Mega Evolutions may Mega Evolve with the required stone at any rank. (E.g. Absol does not need ranks to Mega Evolve.)
  • Players begin with 10 points of land. More land is won by winning battles. Land is lost by losing battles.
  • Players begin with 5000 gold coins, which can be used to purchase items from the host or to trade with other players. This can only be done during night phases. More money is earned through battles and taxes.
  • Pokémon may only battle using level-up and egg-moves until you have purchased the required TM or have been given access to the move-tutor move.
  • EV, IV, and move sets can change freely between battles, but nature, gender, and ability may not. A Pokémon's ability may only be changed by using an Ability Capsule, which must be bought from the host or traded with another player. Gender and nature are set for the entire game, so think carefully!
  • TM/HM moves DO NOT carry over if traded. The current trainer must have access to the move in order to have his Pokémon learn it.
  • Move Tutor moves are linked to a Pokémon and not a trainer. They DO carry over.

Pokémon and Evolution
The evolutionary lines of Nincada and Torchic are banned in combination with Speed Boost.

Everyone starts with 8 Pokémon from their Kingdom and may choose more Pokémon from to join their team during uneven-numbered night phases. These Pokémon must also have your Kingdom's type in their evolutionary line, but have less base stat restrictions and start at a higher rank. This prevents strong Pokémon to rule in early game, while still allowing everyone to use the Pokémon later on.

The requirements are:

• Pokémon begin on rank 0 and in their basic form.
  • The Pokémon must have your Kingdom’s type in any of their evolutionary forms. This includes Mega Evolution. When given the chance to evolve it must take the/an evolutionary path that made it eligible for your team.
  • The Pokémon’s total base stat cannot exceed 400. A list of Pokémon and their base stats can be found here.
  • Legendary Pokémon may not be used.
  • Pokémon are rank 1.
  • The base stat limitation is raised to 450. All other requirements stay unchanged.
  • Pokémon are rank 3.
  • There is no base stat limitation. All other requirements stay unchanged.
  • Pokémon are rank 5. All other requirements stay unchanged.

• A Pokémon whose final evolution has a base stat of 400 or less will evolve on rank 1. If it has another evolution it can evolve again on rank 3.
  • A Pokémon whose final evolution has a base stat of higher than 400 will evolve on rank 3. If it has another evolution it can evolve again on rank 5.
  • Alternate ways to evolve Pokémon (such as trading or the use of items) are not used in this game.
  • All evolutions happen in the night phase when the Pokémon in question has the required rank. It is possible for the same Pokémon to evolve twice during the same night phase.
E.g. Butterfree has a base stat lower than 400, so Caterpie will evolve on rank 1 and Metapod on rank 3.

Battles: Rules, Gains, and Losses

Each phase has specific rules about challenging and accepting / declining battles that must be followed. They are posted in the day/night updates.
  • All battles must be held on Showdown. A link to our server is here. The replay must be saved and the link has to be sent to the host for the match to count!
  • All Pokémon must be set to level 100.
  • OHKO moves may not be used.
  • You may, obviously, only use Pokémon, items, and moves that you have access to in this game. (No illegal moves or TM/HM/Tutor moves before you have access to them.)
  • Gains one Pokémon of choice from the opponent.
  • Gains one piece of land out of the two the opponent loses.
  • Gains 500 gold coins from the opponent.
  • Gains one rank to each Pokémon that entered the battle.
  • Loses one Pokémon of the opponent's choice to the opponent.
  • Loses two pieces of land out of which one is given to the opponent.
  • Loses 500 gold coins to the opponent.
  • Gains one rank to each Pokémon that entered the battle, including the one given to the opponent.

Signing Up
  • Make a post in this thread in which you make clear that you want to participate. DO NOT POST YOUR TYPE! In this game the type is kept private until the game begins and I appreciate if you all keep it that way. I prefer no hinting or playing mind games. This will ensure that later entries or changes aren't used on the last moment to give players a(n) (dis)advantage.
  • Send the host a private message with your Kingdom’s type and starting Pokémon using the following form. All Pokémon must meet the starter requirements mentioned above. You may change this until the types are made public.
Code:
[b]Username:
Type:
Kingdom Name:
Pokémon:[/b]

1. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability / Gender - Rank 0
2. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability / Gender - Rank 0
3. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability / Gender - Rank 0
4. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability / Gender - Rank 0
5. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability / Gender - Rank 0
6. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability / Gender - Rank 0
7. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability / Gender - Rank 0
8. Pokémon Name / Nature / Ability / Gender - Rank 0

Players, Types, and Land Points:

Keeper of Night (Dark) - Oscuro Mork [4]
Vom (Flying) - Descendants of the Sky [11]
Ice Espeon (Dark) - The Followers of Zeref [21]
Reinforce (Bug) - Mysterious Jungle [6]

Luispipe8 (Normal) - White Forest [0]
Brave Vesperia (Poison) - The insidious Poison of this World [0]
bbninjas (Psychic) - Hit Bang Smash [0]
DarkMatterGaming (Steel) - Aluminum [0]
Delta (Dark) - Vector [0]
Celever (Water) - Canalave [0]

Last edited:
RE: Get hyped! I'm hosting K4.

READ THIS FIRST!

There are some major changes explained in the first post. I know many of you will have played the previous Kingdoms games and may think it's not needed to read everything again, but I ask that you do in this case.

Major change that is relevant for signing up: DO NOT POST YOUR TYPE IN THE THREAD!

All evolutions happen in the night phase when the Pokémon in question has the required rank. It is possible for the same Pokémon to evolve twice during the same night phase.

I added that rule to avoid the following.
Overpowered teams (so people that battle first don't have full teams of evolved Pokémon to battle teams with non evolved/less evolved Pokémon).
Stalling battles (so people don't battle others first in order to evolve Pokémon). You can still strategically stall to gain more Pokémon from other players, but it should help a little I think.

In, will PM later!
*thinks to self* Now how am I supposed to choose a type >.>

You don't seem to have a banlist anywhere, so let me ask:
Are Eevee, Nincada, and Speed Boost Torchic allowed?
Are we allowed to choose Legendary pokemon on nights 3 and 5?

Also, how do the pokemon we receive at night work? Do we get them basic, but evolve them if they come with enough ranks?

Questions:
Can you have more than one Pokemon of the same dex number...
And can you have more than one Pokemon from the same line (i.e Bulbasaur and Ivysaur)

Another question: Will the pokemon we choose on uneven nights be required to by related to our chosen type?

bbninjas said:
And can you have more than one Pokemon from the same line (i.e Bulbasaur and Ivysaur)

All players begin with 8 basic-form starter Pokémon that meet the requirements described below.
----------------------------------
bbninjas said:
Another question: Will the pokemon we choose on uneven nights be required to by related to our chosen type?

More Pokémon are trained by your Kingdom throughout the game and during uneven-numbered night phases you can choose a new Pokémon of your Kingdom to join your team.

Keeper of Night said:
bbninjas said:

All players begin with 8 basic-form starter Pokémon that meet the requirements described below.

That doesn't answer the question properly.
----------------------------------
bbninjas said:

More Pokémon are trained by your Kingdom throughout the game and during uneven-numbered night phases you can choose a new Pokémon of your Kingdom to join your team.

Right. Skipped over that your Kingdom part.

bbninjas said:
That doesn't answer the question properly.

Basic form = basics, so you could not have a Bulbasaur and Ivysaur as starting pokemon.
I also doubt that you can have multiple of the same pokemon to begin with, but as I did not see anything about it in the OP, I'll leave that to Drohn to answer.

In.

It looks like you've actually made a variety of improvemnts here which I never would have thought of, so good job! n_n

Keeper of Night said:
You don't seem to have a banlist anywhere, so let me ask:
Are Eevee, Ninacada, and Speed Boost Torchic allowed?
Are we allowed to choose Legendary pokemon on nights 3 and 5?

Also, how do the pokemon we receive at night work? Do we get them basic, but evolve them if they come with enough ranks?

I updated to ban the Nincada and Torchic evolutionary lines in combination with Speed Boost. Eevee is not banned, but I updated the following.

"The Pokémon must have your Kingdom’s type in any of their evolutionary forms. This includes Mega Evolution. When given the chance to evolve it must take the/an evolutionary path that made it eligible for your team."

This means an Eevee from the Fire Kingdom may only evolve into Flareon and a Poliwag from the Fighting Kingdom may only evolve into Poliwrath. Oddish from the Poison Kingdom could still evolve into Belossom and lose the Poison-type, since the previous forms made him eligible as well. Whenever someone steals a Pokémon I will make sure to inform them what Kingdom it originated from.

"All other requirements stay the same."
This means that you still cannot choose legendary Pokémon during the uneven-numbered night phases. The only thing changed from starter Pokémon are the rank and base stat limitation. Since you get them during the night phase they evolve right after choosing them if they are able to.

bbninjas said:
Questions:
Can you have more than one Pokemon of the same dex number...

You may not choose the same Pokémon multiple times in your initial 8 starter Pokémon, but you can choose to receive more of them during the other nights you can choose. You cannot choose evolved Pokémon. If they come with ranks they will evolve during the same night you pick them, however.
bbninjas said:

Yes. "All other requirements stay the same."

There is a special action, infiltrate, that allows you to choose a Pokémon from another Kingdom and type, but more information on that will come when it's unlocked.

Drohn said:
  • A Pokémon whose final evolution has a base stat of 400 or less will evolve on rank 1. If it has another evolution it can evolve again on rank 3.
  • A Pokémon whose final evolution has a base stat of higher than 400 will evolve on rank 3. If it has another evolution it can evolve again on rank 5.
  • Alternate ways to evolve Pokémon (such as trading or the use of items) are not used in this game.
  • All evolutions happen in the night phase when the Pokémon in question has the required rank. It is possible for the same Pokémon to evolve twice during the same night phase.
E.g. Butterfree has a base stat lower than 400, so Caterpie will evolve on rank 1 and Metapod on rank 3.

Updated evolution, since some were too strong to be fully evolved on day 2. This new rule will make the Bug-type a bit more appealing, perhaps. I'm really not sure how I can fix up Ice, lol. Suggestions are welcome for the coming days, but I won't change anything after the first of January (unless it's really important) so people know what to expect when they prepare their teams for when we start.

I also want to point out two other things.

Gourgeist has a set size. You can eventually get multiple Gourgeist of different sizes by choosing the evolutionary line again during uneven-numbered nights if you want to, but you cannot change the size of a Gourgeist you own.

All Rotom's forms are treated as individual Pokémon and forms cannot be changed during the game without special actions. Base form has the Ghost and Electric types with a base stat of 440. This means it can be chosen by Ghost and Electric during night 1.

Heat Rotom for example has the Electric and Fire types with a base stat of 520. This means it can be chosen by the Electric and Fire Kingdoms during nights 3, 5, etc.

The special events still allow you to change your Rotom's form, but you can initially only choose the one that matches your Kingdom during the phases the base stats allow you to. The event will be available starting night 3, just so everyone knows.

I'm signing up.

Don't worry, I'll be preparing coffee so I won't fall asleep in the middle of matches this time :p

This means an Eevee from the Fire Kingdom may only evolve into Flareon and a Poliwag from the Fighting Kingdom may only evolve into Poliwrath. Oddish from the Poison Kingdom could still evolve into Belossom and lose the Poison-type, since the previous forms made him eligible as well. Whenever someone steals a Pokémon I will make sure to inform them what Kingdom it originated from.
So if I were to steal an Eevee from another Kingdom, it has to evolve into that Kingdom's type?

That's correct. I will inform whoever steals a Pokémon of its origin to avoid confusion. I would PM something like:

You have taken Eevee (Ability/Nature/Gender/Rank) from the Dragon Kingdom. This Eevee originally came from the Water Kingdom and will therefore evolve into Vaporeon in a night phase when it has the required rank to evolve.

I'll sign up and finally get involved with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back