Keldeo Decks Other Than Blastoise/Keldeo

KickitupDude

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone, I'm looking for Keldeo decks that is not Blastoise/Keldeo. In your response, please include the deck name, a deck list, and the strategy of your deck. Also include techs and matchups against orther decks. Thanks!

I got a deck that involves Keldeo EX in the TCGO along with others, but Keldeo ex, reshiram ex and mewtwo ex is the main focuses. Want me to tell you?

Keldeo is a good tech in Darkrai, and surprisingly good in Eels, for retreating and escaping status (and depending on your energy line, helping against Landorus too)

Keldeo-EX is unplayable without Blastoise. However, it is rather good in Darkrai varients to escape status conditions, but that's not a big deal now that RayEels isn't played as much anymore. Next set, once Poison Hypnotic Beam comes out, Keldeo-EX will likely be a staple in all Darkrai varients, as seen in the Japanese metagame.

I do not feel comfortable just handing out a deck list, but a lot of people in New England play it in hydriegon darkrai with prisms to take care of landorus EX which is darkria hydriegons major flaw.

I've seen it played with Latias Ultra Ball/Computer Search/Juniper/Energy Switch for the T2 110 with Keldeo. You lose a lot of the horsepower with the deck as you can't just drop energy and cross your fingers, but it's slightly more quick and less bulky than Blasty Keldeo.

I've seen a Keldeo EX/Tornadus EX/Darkrai EX deck, and a Keldeo EX/Terrakion deck. None of them ran Blastoise, and they took first and second. I'd imagine that says something, but the deck takes more skill to use than you'd think.

The only deck that Keldeo is a main attacker in other than Blastoise is Klinklang, so it seems that that's the deck you're looking for.

Martini said:
I've seen a Keldeo EX/Tornadus EX/Darkrai EX deck, and a Keldeo EX/Terrakion deck. None of them ran Blastoise, and they took first and second. I'd imagine that says something, but the deck takes more skill to use than you'd think.

Well that'd still count as support. It's not like you would want Keldeo to be your main attacker all the time unlike in BlastPony where Keldeo is usually in the active spot attacking.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I got a deck that involves Keldeo EX in the TCGO along with others, but Keldeo ex, reshiram ex and mewtwo ex is the main focuses. Want me to tell you?

Yes, please.

RegiReal said:
Klinklang, Keldeo is a great tech in the shift gear deck.

Do you have the deck list? If you do, can you please send it to me?

DawnOfXatu said:
I've seen it played with Latias Ultra Ball/Computer Search/Juniper/Energy Switch for the T2 110 with Keldeo. You lose a lot of the horsepower with the deck as you can't just drop energy and cross your fingers, but it's slightly more quick and less bulky than Blasty Keldeo.

I hope you mean ho oh EX not Latias.

No, I meant Latias, as you can actually attach from your discard to your benched Pokemon.

T1 Latias and attach, use Ultra Ball etc to drop a Water energy and find a Keldeo EX. Then attach the discarded energy to Keldeo.
T2 Rush in and then use an Energy Switch to move the energy from Latias to Keldeo, attach another energy and start attacking.

I didn't say it was a gamebreaking deck or anything, but I have seen it work. Plus I find Latias better than Ho-Oh since you don't need Energy Switch for your energy acceleration, that and Latias isn't worth two prizes...

But on the other hand, Latias attaches only a single energy, and its an attack. That makes it more or less useless by mid-late game.

So its back to the age-old debate of potency versus overall usability. So while Latias may be useless later in the game (which isn't entirely true since its a decently bulky card with a small retreat cost, so you can essentially attach an energy and retreat without fear of an instant KO) it is more useful earlier in the game. I've always held the opinion that early game dominance is what is important in 75% of games, so I'd take Latias and disrupt my opponent earlier in the game rather than take Ho-oh and be moderately more consistent towards the end of the game.

^
I have always wanted to make a deck out of Latias. To me it has so much potential, but I always thought that it just isn't the right time for it. And with decent energy acceleration it isn't totally useless. Plus the fact it only gives up 1 Prize card alone while accelerating makes it decent.

DawnOfXatu said:
So its back to the age-old debate of potency versus overall usability. So while Latias may be useless later in the game (which isn't entirely true since its a decently bulky card with a small retreat cost, so you can essentially attach an energy and retreat without fear of an instant KO) it is more useful earlier in the game. I've always held the opinion that early game dominance is what is important in 75% of games, so I'd take Latias and disrupt my opponent earlier in the game rather than take Ho-oh and be moderately more consistent towards the end of the game.

I find the latter sentences very true. If you win the early game in Pokemon, 90% of the time you're going to win the game (barring the unfortunate N-sack). The only problem is that it requires a bit too many cards to work but if it does, it gets fun.

I run 2 Keldeo in my Empoleon/Terrakion deck.

4-2-4 Empoleon
3 Terrakion
2 Keldeo

I run two EXP Share to attach to Keldeo so when my 4 empoleon die there are at least 1 Keldeo on the bench with 3 Water energy! It works well actually!

Back