Junichi Masuda Appearing on 'Pokenchi' on November 15th

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It certainly feels like they're gearing up for an announcement soon. But then again, it's been feeling that way since July and we have nothing so far. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I think it's weird they're putting Zygarde into the anime instead of a movie. Maybe they're going to rush through Zygarde like they did Meloetta and go straight into the next gen. If we don't get an announcement soon I feel like we won't get a Z. Maybe it'll just be some mega 20th anniversary game next year. IDK what's going on. Haven't thought about it too much yet.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
"Dum dum dum dum - dada - dum - dada... Da da da da - dada - dum - dada!"

I hear those Star Wars tickets are not going to be cheap... :/

Back on topic: This wait has seriously been driving Pokefans everywhere insane. Come on Gamefreak... Just announce the game already!

EpicIce2012

Aspiring Trainer
I think it's weird they're putting Zygarde into the anime instead of a movie. Maybe they're going to rush through Zygarde like they did Meloetta and go straight into the next gen. If we don't get an announcement soon I feel like we won't get a Z. Maybe it'll just be some mega 20th anniversary game next year. IDK what's going on. Haven't thought about it too much yet.

Zygarde is a Main legend though, Meloetta was one (of many) mythical Pokemon of gen 5. I don't see them just skipping over a main legend, the inclusion of Zygarde into pretty much everything now seems like they are prepping for its game. they are just doing everything different now.
Also, didn't that guy who dropped the hint of "flowers" being the theme of 2016 say that they are going to keep us in our toes?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't see them outright skipping a Zygarde game either. There's far too much going on with Zygarde for them not to explore it in depth in a game. It's only a matter of time.

Setosama

Mew Trainer
Don't forget, they still have to reveal Volcanion too. So I think it's safe to say we've got one more year of the current generation of pokemon at least. :cool:

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
And what about Volcanion? Mh, I think that 6th gen is not finished yet ;)

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I really hope it's a new main series game announcement! I'm starved for a main series game already.
I don't care what it is, a remake of Red/Blue, Z, or even a freemium game. Whatever the next main series game is, I want it!

Mitja

veteran smartass
Given how they've been dealing with the whole global-announcements-thing, the corocoro before the show should have the same information already, which might mean they'll reveal it even earlier on the official page.

But yes, the XY-sequel announcement is way overdue in my view...
The games might still come as early as late February/March, but definitely not later than June.

And if the trademarks, merchandize and new anime season subtitle are any indication... the games will be called Pokemon XY and Pokemon Z.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Well, if we consider the facts we'll see that there WILL be a big announcement. There aren't many things he can do like show a mere trailer of anime, or gameplay of OR/AS. He will announce: 1) New games 2) New Generation.

Am I the only one that thinks XY was incomplete (story wise and Pokemon wise)? Z could spice things up, especially if it takes place on a whole new region...

Mitja

veteran smartass
Made blogpost about the thought after it seemed so obvious when I posted earlier.

pokehype.blogspot.si/2015/10/xy.html

xy%2526z1.png

A Xerneas/Yveltal fusion... Yay or nay?

Not sure what they'd do with their types though.

Even if they just got rid of Yveltals Flying type, it wouldn't solve the issue of deciding whetehr Fairy or Dark is the primary type.
I think it'd have to keep the secondary Flying and have its primary type swap between Fairy and Dark somehow. Can't think of a more appropriate solution x.x

Well, if we consider the facts we'll see that there WILL be a big announcement. There aren't many things he can do like show a mere trailer of anime, or gameplay of OR/AS. He will announce: 1) New games 2) New Generation.

Am I the only one that thinks XY was incomplete (story wise and Pokemon wise)? Z could spice things up, especially if it takes place on a whole new region...

They don't need a different region when there is supposedly a "southern Kalos" and they only made use of the northern half of France for XY. ;O

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
All I know is 27 February come closer and closer every day . They must announce the main game soon . If they're really want to celebrate on 20th aniversary . :eek:

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
Pokemon variety show Pokenchi, the new iteration of Pokemon Get TV (which was previously named Pokemon Smash and before then Pokemon Sunday)

Ha, they renamed it again?

There's some thought out there that a new game will be revealed on October 28th or 29th, since Nintendo is having an earnings call around then. ORAS was actually revealed directly after one of these earnings calls, and the new anime starts then, too. So maybe Masuda will be announcing a new game, or maybe it'll just be some component of it.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I could see the game being announced early and then Masuda and Coro Coro providing some more details, certainly.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
A Xerneas/Yveltal fusion... Yay or nay?
They don't need a different region when there is supposedly a "southern Kalos" and they only made use of the northern half of France for XY. ;O

No fusion. I support the theory that says: 50% Zygarde form is the "classic" Zygarde. The rest 50% are Yveltal and Xerneas ;) So, technically it's not fusion like Kyurem. Yv. + Xe. will just complete the puzzle of Zygarde. Personally, I find the whole thing plain dumb. Pokemon should never be overcomplicated. BW2 were awesome games, but DNA Splicers pushed Pokemon to the limit. If it is confirmed as another fusion, they will have exceeded it...

I could see the game being announced early and then Masuda and Coro Coro providing some more details, certainly.

That's what I expect as well. It's too "Game Freak-ish" to happen... :p