Junichi Masuda Appearing on 'Pokenchi' on November 15th

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
If the 20th anniversary isn't celebrated with a remake, maybe there will be a new Mega Pokemon of an original 150 included in the next one, or something.

WitherSnow

I have no pokemon and i must scream.
Remember, there's a Nintendo Direct coming Thursday. We might see something on both.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Remember, there's a Nintendo Direct coming Thursday. We might see something on both.

I doubt it. Pokemon news is rarely revealed through a Nintendo Direct, especially for the main series, they prefer to use Japanese media like CoroCoro. If we're getting a game announcement this month it'll probably be either here, in CoroCoro, or through a random site update like ORAS was last year.

WitherSnow

I have no pokemon and i must scream.
I doubt it. Pokemon news is rarely revealed through a Nintendo Direct, especially for the main series, they prefer to use Japanese media like CoroCoro. If we're getting a game announcement this month it'll probably be either here, in CoroCoro, or through a random site update like ORAS was last year.

X and Y were announced during Direct.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
X and Y were announced during Direct.

Yes, X and Y were announced during a Direct, but those were special circumstances. It was the beginning of a new generation, they had finally made the leap to 3D, and it was also the first game to get a worldwide release. That kind of demands a grand announcement from Nintendo themselves. Z though? Probably not so much fanfare. That's not to say it won't happen, but the odds of it happening are low.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Yes, X and Y were announced during a Direct, but those were special circumstances. It was the beginning of a new generation, they had finally made the leap to 3D, and it was also the first game to get a worldwide release. That kind of demands a grand announcement from Nintendo themselves. Z though? Probably not so much fanfare. That's not to say it won't happen, but the odds of it happening are low.

That, and the Direct was specifically known to be about Pokemon, whereas this is a regular Direct. And as far as Im aware, they have loooots of non-Pokemon stuff to cover, as the last Direct was... a long time ago.

That being said though.. Masuda tweeted that we should watch the Direct, which is quite curious.