Contest June's Create A Card: Fully Evolved Basics! (Official Results!)

Here's my first fake card entry ^^

I did the design and the idea of attack and ability, but the image comes from Lumnili Kiara Lee Deviant Art.
Please take a look to her amazing galery ^^

This card is meant to be played in a "your opponent has no more card in his/her deck" deck. Kinda like Durant and Aggron. Also works well with Trick Shovel. ;)

Attachments

• Mawile2.png
    Mawile2.png
    413.7 KB · Views: 195
solrock_by_kachitta-d8w1bjn.png
Yet another Gym Leader's card, this time half-art. Synergy with Mawile from JC-Dez is obvious, however I came up with the mechanics independently :)

I prefer unusual Weakness and Resistance based on Nintendo games. Actually, I support the idea of having Pokémon cards of all VG types, with multiple weaknesses and resistances, but on the other hand these card should be using only our common 9 energy types, which balances the game in my eyes.

I really love cards where Pokémon are put into real world, Prachovské skály in Czech Republic are on this card, I recommend visiting them :)

Castform – ColorlessHP90
Basic
castform.gif

14e49jm.jpg
Advanced Forecast
If your opponent attaches an Energy card to his or her Pokémon for the second time this turn, you may use this Ability. If that Energy is [F] or [R], this Pokémon is now [W]. If that Energy is [G] or [M], this Pokémon is now [R]. If that Energy is any other type, this Pokémon is now [L]. These changes last until the end of your next turn.

[C][C][C] Weather Ball: 50+ damage.
If this Pokémon's type isn't [C], this attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Soooooo hopefully I didn't mess up with the formatting >.>
I agree with everyone here on it, though, it isn't the most detailed thing in the world and really isn't needed, since we have a model already, the real cards. Some people have their own way of formatting the cards, and imposing this formatting can cause problems to anyone, even those unfamiliar with faking, because they have to be checking they didn't mess something up, and those experienced with faking will just find the formatting weird and unpractical.

About the entry itself, it's mainly so people don't get too crazy loading up their EXs as fast as they can, since there's always the threat of Lysandre+Castform or simply Castform. The attack requires 3 Energy though, so you'd have to be running a Stage 1 line to get it rolling in one turn (not to mention that due to its HP it probably won't take more than 1 KO), so I think it's pretty balanced; but it's role is mostly to be there and put pressure on the opponent.

Actually, the template makes perfect sense. In the TCG HP is indeed set out as HPXX, not HP XX; Stage 1 does not need to be next to the Pokémon name, either - it's there so it's easier to find the information (being next to the evolves from text instead of above with other information adjacent). The attack is set out in a name that forms something like "[?] Name: XX Damage. [effect]", which gives you all the information you need easily. Type names instead of symbols for weakness/resistance makes perfect sense as well, as the symbol would be for an attack cost. Retreat cost is perfectly justified too, as it is always paid in [C]. Think about it this way - it's basically the same as the PokéBeach spoiler for new cards, which everyone is used to seeing by now, right? :p

I'm perfectly happy with it for now, and I trust the Staff and Judges can create something better if they wish. For now, this is what you've got; it's best to just deal with it.

Actually, the template makes perfect sense. In the TCG HP is indeed set out as HPXX, not HP XX; Stage 1 does not need to be next to the Pokémon name, either - it's there so it's easier to find the information (being next to the evolves from text instead of above with other information adjacent). The attack is set out in a name that forms something like "[?] Name: XX Damage. [effect]", which gives you all the information you need easily. Type names instead of symbols for weakness/resistance makes perfect sense as well, as the symbol would be for an attack cost. Retreat cost is perfectly justified too, as it is always paid in [C]. Think about it this way - it's basically the same as the PokéBeach spoiler for new cards, which everyone is used to seeing by now, right? :p

I'm perfectly happy with it for now, and I trust the Staff and Judges can create something better if they wish. For now, this is what you've got; it's best to just deal with it.
I guess what I really don't understand is why you didn't use something like this one:
[[colo r=gray]Stage ?[/color]] Pokémon HPxx [[color=type color]*type*[/color]]
http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/ *insert mon name here* and add .gif at the end

14e49jm.jpg
*insert ability name here*
*effect*

[[color=type color]*type*[/color]] *insert attack name here*
*effect*

Weakness: *type*
Resistance: ^
Retreat: [C] in gray (repeat until you have the desired retreat cost)
*dex entry*

Vom made it for me back in April when I asked someone if they could make a template to help me out on my first ever fake. It shows clearly what needs to be included, and matches the traditions of PokéBeach. I just don't get why the traditions should be changed. This is my third month doing the competition and even I love the traditions...

^ I've been doing this since April of 2013, that's 24 competitions (some months didnt have any). I totally agree with your post and I think that conforming players to a template like this makes things a lot less interesting.

^ I've been doing this since April of 2013, that's 24 competitions (some months didnt have any). I totally agree with your post and I think that conforming players to a template like this makes things a lot less interesting.
Has to be said, there's no point complaining, since it's not gonna be changed for this month. Just hopefully it'll be ditched by next month n~n

Yes, there will be changes made for next month's CaC. Currently the plan is that an updated template will be provided, and also that it will be optional to follow, more of a suggestion for newcomers than anything else. The new format will still not include things like sprites and coloured text (since such things are optional and would not appear on the front page posts anyway), but the final format is still being decided on. The current format was made to match the official spoilers given of translated cards on the front page for consistency, such as the newly released Tyranitar-EX and M Tyranitar-EX.

Do remember that I have been text faking since late 2011; I'm used to using different formats. The problem with Vom's template would be both the ability image and the retreat cost (even if I love the image, the retreat cost thing is illogical to me). I also have a problem with the stage placement, as that's not the most logical place either. If you've seen my last few entries I use a lot of visuals, but I have no problem with using a template as it's what's asked.
EDIT: Also, back in early-mid 2014 even I remember text fakes being nothing like that for the most part; it was all text (shocking!), with possibly a sprite and nothing else other than nice formatting. "Traditions" change - especially the one you talked about @Celever :p

Do remember that I have been text faking since late 2011; I'm used to using different formats. The problem with Vom's template would be both the ability image and the retreat cost (even if I love the image, the retreat cost thing is illogical to me). I also have a problem with the stage placement, as that's not the most logical place either. If you've seen my last few entries I use a lot of visuals, but I have no problem with using a template as it's what's asked.
EDIT: Also, back in early-mid 2014 even I remember text fakes being nothing like that for the most part; it was all text (shocking!), with possibly a sprite and nothing else other than nice formatting. "Traditions" change - especially the one you talked about @Celever :p

It's illogical to use [C] as a retreat? I could easily argue it's equally as illogical to write "1" as a retreat cost.

Stage placement is where it'd normally be on a TCG card. The last time it was placed under the name was 2010 or 2011.

You are saying there's nothing wrong with templates and are happy to use them but complain that Vom has offered his own idea?

It's illogical to use [C] as a retreat? I could easily argue it's equally as illogical to write "1" as a retreat cost.
Except that retreat cost is always paid in [C], isn't it?
Stage placement is where it'd normally be on a TCG card. The last time it was placed under the name was 2010 or 2011.
It still makes more sense on a text spoiler to be next to the evolves from text, though.
You are saying there's nothing wrong with templates and are happy to use them but complain that Vom has offered his own idea?
I'm not complaining about it, I'm just saying that there's no need to use it currently.

Unown - Psychic - HP60
Basic

Ability: Greek Alphabet
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may reveal a Pokémon in your hand. If that Pokémon has an Ancient Trait, put all Pokémon Tool cards attached to this Pokémon into your hand and attach that Pokémon to this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card. As long as this Pokémon has a Pokémon attached to it as a Pokémon Tool card, this Pokémon has that Pokémon’s Ancient Trait.

[P][P][C] Last Letter: 10+ damage. Reveal cards from the top of your deck until all cards in your deck have been revealed. Does 30 more damage if you didn’t reveal any Unown. If you have any Unown on your Bench, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: 1

When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge.

Audino - Colorless - HP70
Basic Pokémon

Ability: Fortify
As long as this Pokémon is on your Bench, both Active Pokémon have no Weakness.

[C][C] Healing Wish: Knock Out this Pokémon. When one of your Benched Pokémon replaces Audino in the Active position (excluding Pokémon-EX), you may remove all damage counters from that Pokémon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: 2

It touches others with the feelers on its ears, using the sound of their heartbeats to tell how they are feeling.

Here's my Skarmory. Power level is similar to Pachirisu COL and Jirachi UL, but slightly re-arranged.

References:
Ancient Togekiss ROS (Part of the Ability)
Glalie PLB (Moving Energy attached to your Active)
Sylveon FUF (Moving Energy attached to the opposing Active)

Basic - Skarmory - HP100 - [M]
250px-Sky_Trainer_Skarmory.png

NO. 227 Armor Bird Pokémon HT: 5' 07" WT: 111.3 lbs.

Ability Gravity Wing
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Choose any [M] Energy cards you find there and attach them to this Pokémon. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

[M] [C] [C] Splitting Swipe 50
You may move an Energy from this Pokémon to 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If you do, move an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon to 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [L] x 2 Resistance: [F] - 20
Retreat Cost: [C] [C]
Skarmory are referred to as 'knights of the skies' because of their armor and excellent combat skills.

Except that retreat cost is always paid in [C], isn't it?

It still makes more sense on a text spoiler to be next to the evolves from text, though.

I'm not complaining about it, I'm just saying that there's no need to use it currently.
These two are where you're wrong, though.

Neither way to do retreat is "right". Howevr, using [C] is a lot more clear for those wo don't know the TCG very well. It's more beginner-friendly, making it the superior choice. Plus, all other energy on the card is [x]. Using [C] for retreat is more consistent throughout any one card, which only makes sense.

Sure, it can work fine like on the template, but why would you want to use that formatting compared to the old formatting? There's really no reason to.

Also, after designing the whole template around making it look as much like a real Pokémon card as possible, you say "oh, but that doesn't matter whe talking about its stage, because my way makes more sense!" You can either make it look like the card (not recommended) or make efficient and clear fakes, not one or the other. And really, the third option is the best: not forcing participants to follow the template at all.

^not forcing participants is exactly my idea. My solution was only in the case that a template was non negotiable and there'd be no CaC without it.

Anyways, here's my card. If the template doesn't change and is still mandatory, I will no longer participate in the text based portion of CaC and switch to image based.

[Basic] Unown HP 70 [P]
Г Xenoglossia: This Pokémon can use the attacks of your opponent's Active Pokémon. Treat the cost of the attack as [C][C][C].
unown-uniform.gif
unown-november.gif
unown-oscar.gif
unown-whiskey.gif
unown-november.gif

Ability: Gobbledygook
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may flip your deck upside down so the bottom card of the deck is on the top, facing front up. If this Pokémon is no longer your Active Pokémon, flip your deck right side up.

[P] Draw a Card
This attack does 20 damage to one of your opponent's Pokémon.

Weakness: [D]
Resistance:
Retreat: 1

Ancient scriptures can be found with Unown-style writing in many regions. However, in the Hoenn Region this is not the case as Braille is the main written language there.

Girls, girls, you're all pretty. How about we see where this template business ends, before taking any drastic measures?

Besides, maybe they could allow people to participate twice on image, as long as one is a collaboration? that way image participants could help text participants without losing the chance to present their own cards as well.

Back