Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

Very cool Pikachu Promo :)

The fact it can heal itself +30HP should maybe see it played in some decks?

Not likely. We have better healing options out there(healing scarf, PCL, Super and Max potion, and even gold potion in expanded), and a 60 HP basic that heals 30 from your opponent too just makes it even worse. Wouldn't even be a good pair for Raichu XY, since the Pikachu from that set is a lot better as a start with potential paralysis.

It just had to be the Pyroar....wow....but I'm super happy about that Umbreon!
That coin though.....I'm started to get kind of sick of it...like they have had one of those on all nine sets! Come on!
The one I will be buying though is that Bento Pikachu though! I was really hoping they would print it in English and they FINALLY did!

It just came to me, but why in the world does porygon-z have an "ancient" trait?

Its manmade...
Thank you somebody else notices! Seriously someone needs to tell that to Pokemon! It's man made it is probably not even 50 years old since they made REGULAR porygon let alone porygon-z!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the fact that they only make coins featuring starters...

There are non-starter coins; this just isn't one of them.

It just came to me, but why in the world does porygon-z have an "ancient" trait?

Its manmade...

Well, maybe it is already ancient, obsolete software? ;)

Seriously though "Ancient Traits" are just "Abilities not blocked by the usual stuff because we made things too complicated... again." ¬_¬

I am just going to say this right now. When we rotate in the future, we will go to Primal Clash for the XY rotation. Then Breakthrough after that.

The recent BREAKthrough Collector's Chest has a Hoopa Coin, the Mewtwo/Darkrai deck set comes with 2 Zoroark coins, and the coming Mega Aerodactyl set will come with an Aerodactyl coin. And those are just the recent/upcoming ones I could find before I got bored. There's plenty of coins with different types for everyone. :p

Yes and no, that image is from a shrodinger's box where it is both real and not real at the same time.

The artwork looks better on greninja I think. Means even more hype in February. If I go there and let santa go, will he give me these cards? (JK) I just wish it didn't have to be the active. (Manaphy is unmentioned).

just realized two things, 1 that greninja break has to be active to use the 6 damage ability unlike the xy 3 damage one which means your max dam is 12 with just xy +6 or 12 if you retreat one break for another not very ideal.

secondly that manaphy ex and aurorus ex promo come out around the same time so combined with the water support from primal clash waters pretty strong right now.

....oh and no not santa!

Back