Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

Blui

lv85 paladin
Fighting Fury Belt is a terrible card name because it has a type name in it which could confuse players. Also the card is stupid because it degenerates the game even more and makes me angry because they should've just reprinted Expert Belt which would become a sweet card when Muscle Band brotates at the end of the season.

/rage

MrMrannoying

Aspiring Trainer
Oh god that item just boosts some of the most godly ex cards even more o_0 Will it make people have more startling megaphones is the question... Also i like the idea of espeon ex devolving weakened pokemon while greninja's take them out from the bench :)

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
Not looking forward to Espeon-EX totally screwing over any cards that get Maxie / Archie'ed to bench. I'm going to miss you, Yveltal / Gallade.

...Though I guess in that matchup, Gallade would take super-effective damage anyway. Might be fine.

Master_Z

Zach Carmichael
Not looking forward to Espeon-EX totally screwing over any cards that get Maxie / Archie'ed to bench. I'm going to miss you, Yveltal / Gallade.

...Though I guess in that matchup, Gallade would take super-effective damage anyway. Might be fine.

It won't work on them. They are unevolved Stage 2 Pokemon, not evolved.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I can see that Trevenant going hand in hand with BREAKthrough's Gengar.

Peppercloud

Aspiring Trainer
LMBO!
Go to 1999 in the timeline and look at the screenshots in October. Come on Nintendo, that's not how you catch a Pokemon.

RagingxLapras

Aspiring Trainer
I got a question about Espeon. If i hit a pokemon with enough damage to kill its previouse stage and use Miraculous Shine does that count as a knock out?

smashandslash2

Aspiring Trainer
I got a question about Espeon. If i hit a pokemon with enough damage to kill its previouse stage and use Miraculous Shine does that count as a knock out?
Yes, there was actually a deck a while back in the 2011 format (after the mid-season rotation) that was Yanmega Prime/Kingdra Prime/Jirachi. The Jirachi had an attack where you flipped 3 coins, and for each heads devolved one of your opponent's pokemon. Yanmega had a Poke Body that let it attack for 0 energy if you and your opponent had the same amount of cards in your hands, and Kingdra's spray splash poke power helped further spread damage.

But to answer your question, yes, that does count as a KO.

Peppercloud

Aspiring Trainer
Yep! When you remove the evolution, the max HP drops. If the damage ever exceeds the max HP at the end of an action, the pokemon is knocked out.

Otaku

The wise fool?
Yes, there was actually a deck a while back in the 2011 format (after the mid-season rotation) that was Yanmega Prime/Kingdra Prime/Jirachi. The Jirachi had an attack where you flipped 3 coins, and for each heads devolved one of your opponent's pokemon. Yanmega had a Poke Body that let it attack for 0 energy if you and your opponent had the same amount of cards in your hands, and Kingdra's spray splash poke power helped further spread damage.

But to answer your question, yes, that does count as a KO.

Ancient Technical Machine [Rock] (EX: Hidden Legends 85/101) is another example; it dates back far farther but it was at least a loose deck staple because it was used for mass devolution. Without boring you all... yeah, it came out at a time when it was really good, and part of that was scoring a KO (sometimes multiple) via devolution.