Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

I think a kyogre/greninja/manaphy would be somewhat good but there is a counter for every deck so... yea

What would dunsparce do to santa lol?

I refuse to meet the demands of terrorists *^*
*stays on my laptop forever*
Haha!

Interesting how Manaphy EX's Ability morphed from Aqua Cube to Aqua Tube.
Speaking of that Ability, Aqua Tube will be perfect in Keldeo EX decks. Instead of having Float Stone, you can just have Manaphy EX and that will cover all of your Pokemon with Water Energy! Not to mention that the attack's pretty good, too.

I think a kyogre/greninja/manaphy would be somewhat good but there is a counter for every deck so... yea

What would dunsparce do to santa lol?
Trust me, you don't wanna know.

But oh. Greninja break is a lot less useful than I thought. I thought I was going to be able to snipe for 9 from the bench for 2 water energy. Shame.

Trust me, you don't wanna know.

But oh. Greninja break is a lot less useful than I thought. I thought I was going to be able to snipe for 9 from the bench for 2 water energy. Shame.
When you BREAK evolve from the XY Greninja with Water Shuriken, you can discard 1 for 30 and then 1 more for 60 in the same turn.

just realized two things, 1 that greninja break has to be active to use the 6 damage ability unlike the xy 3 damage one which means your max dam is 12 with just xy +6 or 12 if you retreat one break for another not very ideal.

secondly that manaphy ex and aurorus ex promo come out around the same time so combined with the water support from primal clash waters pretty strong right now.

....oh and no not santa!

You still can have a single Greninja BREAK Active and doing its thing while you have three other Greninja (with Water Shuriken) that can discard and place damage counters from the Bench, all before attacking. Plus assuming you BREAK Evolved from that same version, you can discard five total Water Energy that turn to place 18 total counters... and if you really want to invest in a lot for a massive damage counter blitz, you include cards like Switch so that multiple Greninja BREAK can use its Ability.

Greninja BREAK: Aww.... I was looking forward to massive Shaymin blitz games....
Well, there's still a crobat break coming up anyway (which I kind of hope does have a damage ability)

EDIT: Oh, by the way, was the original leak of Greninja BREAK mistranslated, or did TPCi nerf it for the English release?

Greninja BREAK: Aww.... I was looking forward to massive Shaymin blitz games....
Well, there's still a crobat break coming up anyway (which I kind of hope does have a damage ability)

EDIT: Oh, by the way, was the original leak of Greninja BREAK mistranslated, or did TPCi nerf it for the English release?

If they did alter the translation, I assume Japan had an erratum. I also think "nerfing", while technically accurate, paints the wrong picture. Getting three Pokémon BREAK into play is not easy, but it probably should not allow you to then take two Prizes for discarding three Water Energy from hand before you attack. We can only wish that some of the current crop of dominant cards had been so "nerfed" ahead of time. XD

What does the second attack of the 3-pack blister promo Umbreon do if you played Town Map (or you choose an already up-turned card)?

Umbreon – Darkness – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

[D][C] Mach Claw: 30 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.

[D][C][C] Lunatic Sense: 60+ damage. Turn 1 of your face down Prize cards face up. If that Prize card is a Pokemon, this attack does 60 more damage. (That Prize card remains face up for the rest of the game.)

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

What does the second attack of the 3-pack blister promo Umbreon do if you played Town Map (or you choose an already up-turned card)?
Umbreon's attack requires that you select a face down card. After playing Town Man, Umbreon's attack would only do the base damage.

KANAKO EO!!!! Such AMAZING artwork, I am in tears.... I must have my hands on this card! This would be the perfect promo card to encourage people to buy TCG products in the US.

Will this be localized? :eek:
I was about to purchase the Japanese promo card for like $30 a week ago but thought better of it. Glad I did! So happy! This will be one of my favorite cards to add to my collection, in addition to the future Shaymin pin blister pack that will be coming in 2016 :D

If they continue down the path of bad EXs for the next few expansions and what looks like more Psychic support could be coming in XY10 we could possibly see Trevenant BREAK/Gengar get used more frequently. Let's hope Return of Psychic Kings gives Psychic type pokemon a faster way to evolve.

I can't wait to try out that Trevenant BREAK. It's nice to finally have a BREAK that actually looks good, both aesthetically and competitively.

That Fighting Fury Belt, though... between that and the Garbodor "reprint", I wouldn't be surprised if every deck in Standard started including Startling Megaphone again.

I feel like even though Espeon wont be good it will still be worth some money because there are tons of eeveelution fans out there.

Back