Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
See, as I suspected, this is why XY8 doesn't have the special Water energy despite having a Water Mega... I thought they would focus on something like Mega Gyarados which is really popular... Just never thought they would go for the shiny... at least, i'm positive that even though Gyarados changes type when Mega evolving, they will make it a Water-type Mega, not Dark-type... Sharpedo is more likely to be the one who will get a Dark-type Mega over a Water-type one...

Shiny Xard

'Cuz why not.
Oh come on! XY8 didn't even release in Japan yet, and they're announcing the next set already!

Hopefully its playable this time.

Purrloin

If Leafeon EX is truly coming out, I'm going to build a deck around it. I don't even care if it can only Tackle for 10! I want!!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I swear to God if this set doesn't have my Pidgeot EX and m Pidgeot EX in, I'm going to do some really illegal things.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Oh come on! XY8 didn't even release in Japan yet, and they're announcing the next set already!

Hopefully its playable this time.

That's not uncommon. There have been a number of times where we've gotten information about X+1 set when X set hasn't released.

I'm admittedly intrigued about the focus on Shiny Gyarados, but I'm a bit gun-shy until we learn what exactly they're doing/changing with the BREAK sets (aside from, you know, adding the Break Pokémon), so I won't let myself get excited yet.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Leafeon-EX?

The return of Emerald Slash, if only under a different attack name, as well as an improved version of Verdant Wind, might be something to look forward to, despite the fact that it may or may not happen, as it's too early to tell at this point...

^ But it's certainly not too early to guess what Leafeon-EX might look like... :)

In terms of Gyarados-EX:

Hopefully, there will be two Mega Gyarados cards, one water, one Dark... That could spike the set hype...

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
In terms of Gyarados-EX:

Hopefully, there will be two Mega Gyarados cards, one water, one Dark... That could spike the set hype...

Ok but then there really should be a colourless Gyarados-EX just to cover all the bases.

That said the shiny Mega could just be like the shiny Primals in Ancient Origins. We don't know. Still I'll confess the thought of it is beautiful.

Chewy

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Gyarados better not have a Rayquaza wannabe attack that multiplies damage counters or your pokemon.

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
That is an amazing set name. I hope it stays the same in English, but I doubt it.
XY9 already?! Oh no! Break Through wasn't release in November,there's another set incoming?
And the M Gyarados Shiny will be in the set? Hey! How about the original one, Why Shiny.
I bet that Team Magma and Aqua's elite Pokémons, Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo will be in the set, because the last time we see them in Primal Clash there's no mega there. I hope this will have.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
Holy ... we are actually getting Eeveelution EX's. Did tPCI read my posts?

It better come to Hong Kong, or else.

Hope they would make a BREAK Eeveelution in addition to the EX. But is that asking for too much?

Last edited by a moderator: