Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
The more I study Talonflame and its BREAK the more I like it. It doesn't seem like enough for a deck in its own right (although as AuraJackle said, pretty much guaranteed 170 damage on T2 isn't to be sniffed at), but it's got to fit into something surely? Even on its own without the BREAK it's a pretty solid set up card.

I don't have too much to say about Azumarill. I'm liking the look of the dual-type cards, but as I've said before I'm not sure why the Pokémon on them have to be shiny *shrug* I think they should save the shinies for the secret rares personally.

DowntownBulbasaurBrown

Aspiring Trainer
talonflame is gonna be a card for every deck maybe 2-3 because not only can it be a basic but you can also dig up cards like shaymin as soon as you can attack

I can see it being ran as a 4-of, or 3-of at the minimum because if you're playing it, you have to see it consistently for the open. But the only thing is if you don't start with it in your opening hand, that's multiple dead cards left in the deck. Unless you want to run its pre-evolution stages, but using up those extra card slots might be too much to eat.

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
Im very surprised that Azumarill is a uncommon. I thought all these Dual Type Shiny Pokemon would be rares or rare holo.

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
Dual type cards look so much better in English.
I definitely agree. Also I'm very happy to hear Talonflame stays playable in English. Also it seems like a non-holo rare! That means they might be pretty easy to pull at prereleases. Would it be too much to ask to have the Talonflame as a prerelease promo?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I definitely agree. Also I'm very happy to hear Talonflame stays playable in English. Also it seems like a non-holo rare! That means they might be pretty easy to pull at prereleases. Would it be too much to ask to have the Talonflame as a prerelease promo?

I think I would like a prerelease Talonflame!

MrMrannoying

Aspiring Trainer
Too many of the same pokemon like Gardevoir Mewtwo and rayquaza this year X_X. I still love the card for its playability though. I'd like to see if a Max potion + Mega turbo build could work with this since it could potentially attack for just one energy. Itll heal and recharge.

SirKnight

Securing the win
Talonflame Break will get into the meta with that ability and the break can be used with Burning energy, too bad muscle band will go expanded.:(

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I'm gonna make a deck for the talonflame, probably with the BREAK and Volcanion

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
This set looks amazing. I need that Xerneas and Yveltal BREAK.

Very nice. I wonder if he'll be in our next set or the one afterwards...About time we get a decent full art. Team Rocket had nothing to do with XY...But i'll bet FA Sycamore will be above $30 when he does hit the states.
Finally!!!
Now waiting for Tierno, Shauna
I want a full art Trevor and Clemont. Scratch want, I need it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schuka

Aspiring Trainer
1. Can I use Pokémon ranger to prevent the discarding of energy with Talonflame Break or Infernape attacks?
2. Does the effect of Pokemon ranger last for all the game, since I don't see any timing on it?

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
1. Can I use Pokémon ranger to prevent the discarding of energy with Talonflame Break or Infernape attacks?
2. Does the effect of Pokemon ranger last for all the game, since I don't see any timing on it?

1. No
2. No

Pokémon Ranger removes existing effects from attacks that have been done during the last turn. If Seismitoad EX uses Quaking Punch again the item lock will also be in play again. In other words Pokémon Ranger does not ''block'' the effects of attacks, only removes what was caused by an attack. Sorry this may not be the clearest explanation ._.'' You can go to Ask a Professor: Card Rulings for official help.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
It's been several months and we still haven't received that mega salamance EX.

I will be extremely disappointed if we end up never getting it. Even if it isn't super playable, it's still a beautiful card

philkangsanity

Literally Newswatcher
It's been several months and we still haven't received that mega salamance EX.

I will be extremely disappointed if we end up never getting it. Even if it isn't super playable, it's still a beautiful card
Don't be giving up hope yet! I believe they are planning on releasing the card as another premium box, like most other promo ex's that don't go into the sets.