Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

I don't know why I didn't think about how there would be a secret rare Gardevoir EX in the set. Yet here I was surprised to see it. Ha ha. All three Gardevoir full arts look great. =)

Love the full arts, took me way too long to notice Xerneas/Yveltal in the backgrounds :p agreed that the Gardevoir FA is too similar to the Primal Clash one though, bit of a shame.

I think they are the same card. The bottom one looks more like a scan and the top one more like a photo, could explain the different lighting. Could be wrong though, but there really is no point in them printing two of the same card with basically the same artwork in one set.
The ranger fits into the same 58/54 slot on both sets, so I believe it is in both.

Where the hell is cranidos / rampardos line and lileep / cradily line.I had been waiting for all the fossil lines for ages (from the time fossils were normal pokemon).

Is M gardevoir playalabe?
MAYBE, and just MAYBE in a format without nightmarch, but for the most part no. the requirements are too high and the damage ceiling is too low.
the M gardevoir from primal clash is way better than this one, post rotation without aromatisse the deck will lose one of its main cards, but it will be playable at least

Even though the attack cost is slightly high, I still love it. Steelix has always been one of my favorite pokemon since Gen 2 and I can't get enough of Steelix's mega evolution.

Makes me sad that its only a measly +10 for each discarded Pokemon. If the attack was +20 this could have more potential offering 210 with a full bench (270 with Sky Field), however with 160 (190 w/ SF) this is just utterly subpar. I believe that "knocking out" your own team for one attack should have a more significant impact than this.

This better be the last set to have Gardevoir in it for a while. Give some other Pokemon some love like Pidgeot, or something.

Pretty sure we've had more Mewtwo than we've had Gardevoir.

I just wish Gardevoir EX had either been a psychic type or a shiny.

why it have to be that bad?
Since when has 0-1 energy cost (with the right setup) for 110 been considered bad? Most megas wish that had that kind of efficiency and while I don't think this is better than the regular Fairy MGarde, it's honestly not bad either because this card destroys M/Mewtwo EX.

Last edited:
I like to think it could work pretty well with Florges BREAK + Max Potion etc. I mean M Manectric was popular at doing only 110 so this could potentially be if it's useful enough.

I feel like people are looking at the discard element of Despair Ray incorrectly as a payment with poor scaling, as if discarding energy or discarding cards off the top of your deck. But the discard element of Despair Ray is an amazing utility for the attack! 1 or 2 energy for 110 damage is excellent without any additional effects, and then in addition this takes weakened or setup pokemon off your bench for free. You arent going to hit 200 damage with the attack but the ability for this deck to use Shaymins and Hoopas (or the new Hawlucha, or Absol) with total reckless abandon is huge- and that means you can run things like giovannis scheme over other supporters and discard 4 benched setup pokemon and a giovannis to hit 170 if necessary. I really think this gardevoir archetype is going to be great because its going to be so consistent.

Plus it also hits 3 types for weakness, resists dark and can utilize max potion shenanigans thanks to a 1 energy cost. I think it is a totally streamlined and usable mega pokemon.

Last edited:
Back