Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Are these really all the cards? There's no Karen nor the Full Arts.
The full arts will be released later, as stated in the article. Karen is a promo, and will therefore not be in the Japanese set. Whether or not she will be in the English set, is unknown as of yet, but there is a chance that she'll appear in Steam Siege.

guys...that clauncher pokemon has a good ability....i think its once during your you can put special energy from hand to one of your mega pokemon....your mega steelix answer
Still no reason to use mega steelix over mega aerodactyl

I'm upset that Muscle Band, Blacksmith, and Korrina all didn't make the cut...

Does that mean Muscle Band, Blacksmith and Korrina will be expanded-only next P!P season??? If so, that means fire-type and fighting-type decks in standard format will get nerfed, while Greninja BREAK will lose the 1HKO to Vespiquen w/o GWS aid: Moonlight Slash will only do 80 w/o MB aid...

^ Then again, depending on whether it's PHF-On or PRC-On, assuming the M Slowbro-EX set makes it to NA over CP4, we could lose Dimension Valley, maybe Battle Compressor, to the Expanded-only realm too...

Last edited:
Does that mean Muscle Band, Blacksmith and Korrina will be expanded-only next P!P season??? If so, that means fire-type and fighting-type decks in standard format will get nerfed, while Greninja BREAK will lose the 1HKO to Vespiquen w/o GWS aid: Moonlight Slash will only do 80 w/o MB aid...

I guess that would depend on if XY12 includes any of these (which is possible) and whether or not we get a reprint set like how Japan did.

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but this new grass type Larvesta means we can combine it with Forest of Giant Plants and the Ancient Origins Volcarona to quickly set up Fire decks.

Wow, awesome! The regular Gardevoir-EX FA looks way too similar to her early XY4 art, but the other 3 are all really nice, especially the SR Gardevoir. It really gives off a nice "Cruel Traitor" vibe.

Man, I hope Pidgeot gets an EX card like that... but it needs to get an EX first. Not going to lie, the art on that SR Gardevoir EX card is godlike.

Last edited:
This Gardevoir-EX is probably the first of the new golden SRs that I've actually liked. It doesn't feel as busy as the others did, and as Athena pointed out, it looks particularly fearsome. ^.^

Awesome art on the full arts. Alakazam and Gardevoir are the two secret rares that look awesome thus far. Could be due to the inclusion of Umbreon and Yveltal in the card art ;). Hope that we also get a secret rare Ninja Boy.

Okay, we may actually get the Professor Sycamore Full Art promo in Steam Siege as there's no Ninja Boy FA, and the Professor promo is the last card needed to complete the full Steam Siege list.

I guess they ran out of ways to draw new poses of Gardevoir! Waiting for another Gardevoir-EX/M Gardevoir EX next set!! :p

The secret rare artwork of Garde is beautiful, but I think the best it's Gyarados EX's secret rare artwork... simply awesome!

And please, give me that Volcanion-EX full art! I need it!

Last edited:
Why does the Volcaneon gold card with Xerneas have 49 as its number? Shouldn't the number be higher then the set number?

That's actually the card behind it, which is the Armor Fossil Shieldon Trainer. The Volcanion EX SR is 059/054. If you click on the image to enlarge it, you can see it better.

Back