Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Do you guys think the full arts of the dual types will still somehow represent the dual-typing in the background? Or just keep the icons in the corner the same as normal full arts.

[Special Charge – Trainer
Item

Shuffle 2 Special Energy cards from your discard pile back into your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).]

Are you kidding me? Wow! Between this card and puzzle of time it will absolutely make crushing hammer, enhanced hammer, Xerosic and Team Flare grunt tougher plays.

I'm cool with that. I'm sort of tired of the disruption and item lock theme for the last couple of years. I'm excited to move on to a brave new world.

On a side note - I really like how Pokemon is giving hard counters that are actually playable in all decks. I tip my hat to that process. Once all the hard counters come out, I think diversity will be better achieved in decks.

You know I don't often say this but I wish they hadn't turned around and made the Larvesta/Volcarona grass set. It's not so much the former that bothers me but the latter. This may very well be the only 'grass' Volcarona we ever get and they had to make it a dual shiny. On top of that couldn't even do it for poor Joltik. The same goes with the Gardevoir EX and Steelix EX with their mega lines.

Wish they would turn around and make a Shieldon/Bastiodon as a ground type.

Kind of like Clawtizer BREAK, I just wish that the first one released would still be in standard. A 170 splash cannon before water energies are taken into account would be just awesome.

Some decent stuff I think but honestly this set doesn't excite me the way Fates Collide or Breakpoint did.

I'm kinda disapponted that the dual-type cards aren't great overall, but this set as a whole looks awesome.

Doesn't Amoongus break things? You can't be confused & paralyzed as they both require a card turn

Wait can you spam Meowth over and over as long as you opted to go second (aka lost the coin flip)

I also wonder if this is the case. I adore Meowth from the anime. This would certainly be an awesome competetive mill deck. If you lose the coin flip you go second like 90% of the time, if you get to choose you can still opt to go second.

If so, they already included hard counters in this set, namely Yanmega with its Sonic Vision ability and the new Mega Gardevoir EX. But even if stall is a one time only attack, it's still a very nice disrubtion tech.

btw I also just noticed just how sinister Chandelur's attack is. Imma bury you all!

My question is about Pokemon ranger supporter, since the card does not say "until the end of the turn" does the effect stay in play indefinitely with only Pokemon that came into play afterwards being unaffected, and since all players are always in play does the effect stay on them until the end of the game, or does the supporter expire, because if not, for example you could lock down a seismitoad EX deck on the first turn. Just would like some clarification.

This is a nice set im not going to give a full set review ( doing that on my channel ) but I will say what cards I think will have compteve value

Foongus : With it's abilty you can esentialy use 6 pokeballs in one turn meaning you can set up super fast
Amoongus : with its attack you will need a Keldeo EX or Zoroark on the bench to deal with the constant Paralasis
Pyroar : First of all its first attack allows it to set up faster and picture this for your second attack
Your Oppent is re-cyleing Life Dew endlessly you need one more prize all of a sudden Pyroar comes out and discards the life dew for the one prize you needed to win the game

There is more but you will have to stay tuned into my channel to see everything Swapforce1

My question is about Pokemon ranger supporter, since the card does not say "until the end of the turn" does the effect stay in play indefinitely with only Pokemon that came into play afterwards being unaffected, and since all players are always in play does the effect stay on them until the end of the game, or does the supporter expire, because if not, for example you could lock down a seismitoad EX deck on the first turn. Just would like some clarification.
That's something I'm wondering as well. I don't think we'll find out until after Japanese Nationals, though, since I think that ruling will come up there. After all, the set is legal for that tournament.

As Pokémon Ranger is translated now it probably means that it removes the effects done by attacks/abilities but does not block them whatsoever. Once an attack/ability is used again the effect is also in play again. I think it's simple just like that. They would never release a card that could make so many decks completely unviable by blocking them the entire game. (Jolteon EX/Glaceon EX/Seismitoad EX)

Back