Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

I have a question, when foongus is released the most recent version of pokeballs will be the kalos starter set, correct? If so then foongus's ability seems a bit strange - especially considering kalos starter set is most likely rotating almost immediately after foongus's release. Any chance there is a mistranslation? Since it seems weird to have an ability that has no way to be utilized in standard at all (in a month after its release around when rotation will happen).

The biggest surprise for me is the Ken Sugimori art being used. (Exluding Trainers ofc) It's the first time since Plasma Storm that said art has been used.
*Looks at Steelix EX* Where have I seen thatattack before? Oh yeah Stormfront, the key difference being that this one requires one more energy.
Also hello Yanmega Prime,good to see you again.

Updated Croagunk's Better Poison. If the Active is Poisoned, they take 30 more damage between turns (40 damage). If you use the attack again, they take 30 more damage again (70 damage). On top of other effects that might change Poison's default damage.

I wanna try to use Toxicoral + Sparkling robe or chaos tower and Ariados to creat an annoying poison combo.

Updated Croagunk's Better Poison. If the Active is Poisoned, they take 30 more damage between turns (40 damage). If you use the attack again, they take 30 more damage again (70 damage). On top of other effects that might change Poison's default damage.
So slap a sash on that thing and spam it with Ariados and Vhaos Tower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya now that Infernape isn't actually half bad. I love the Clawitzer break.

Also that Clawitzer (not the BREAK) can help out Mega Steelix

Maybe it's just me but I can see a bit of Sid from Ice age in the Armaldo artwork.

Nice to see some old pokemon make an appearance again in a long time.

Last edited:
I had high hopes for hydgreion break but I do not think it will be that playable :( oh well, love the yanmega prime is back! I think you could pair clawitzer break with the Umbreon ex and trap a mega pokemon in the active 120+70=190 so with a muscle band its 210 :D

We should have a bet as to who will be the first person to do the following:
  1. KO the opponent's Pokemon-EX
  2. Take 1 random prize
  3. Take 1 Greedy Die - flip heads
  4. Take another Greedy Die - flip heads
  5. Take another Greedy Die - flip heads
  6. Take another Greedy Die - flip heads
  7. Take 1 random prize
Subsequently taking all prizes from one KO.

BWP_EN_BW83.png

KO one EX with this, remove step 7

Many of these cards look great. Unfortunately Ninja Boy's gonna ruin everything. Worst card printed LTC wasn't that bad.

On the bright side, I'm glad Infernape's 200 damage attack is back. Yes!! TPCi probably has 2 departments: one that listens to the fake Toad haters and those who want to make us happy.

Yanmega's gonna be good. Mark. My. Words. Forest of Giant Plants + Judge T1= Pressure on sucky Night March. #TimeToSaveUpMyMoney

Oh, I am so excited for this set! (although not happy about Hoopa and regular Volcaneon getting turned into regular rares for the English set, but eh...) Fates Collide was a little underwhelming for me, so I'm glad to see such a beautiful set on the horizon.

Also - I love WPM's sense of humor :p

Yanmega BREAK, Hawlucha, Volcanion-EX, M Gard-EX and Toxicroak seem like standouts for the set. I am excited to see them get played!

Yanmega seems like a future archetype here. It's got all the support in the world to be a fast deck.

Infernape is something that someone is going to try. With cards like Battle Compressor, Fiery Torch and Sycamore, getting the energy in the discard will be easy.

Clawitzer BREAK seems terrifying, though I can't imagine it'll be easy to get into play.

Ninja Boy is the best card in the set.

Yes, but the effect specifically says that only the attack Jump About is boosted. So, if you switch for another Mankey is ok, but not for other Pokémon cards. The effect boosts only Jump About attack, not every attack. It does not say " the next turn every attack from this Pokémon do 50 more damage", so Ninja Boy will not pass the boost for other attacks.

EDIT: the text says that, next turn, Jump About does 50 damage, not +50 damage. It's 50 instead of 10, so it's not even a real boost. If you use Ninja Boy to another Pokémon who's not Mankey, which attack inflicts 50 instead of its original damage? No, guys, really... Ninja Boy won't work unless you don't switch between Mankeys, and I don't know why one would switch between them, lol.
Nevermind, you're right. I wasn't paying attention to the effect specifically mentioning that attack...

Clawitzer BREAK doesn't seem all that good at first but how about combining it with Umbreon-EX or a Pokemon with the Delta Plus Ancient Trait, such as Articuno, for a big prize sweep?

This card is pretty good. I say enough of all the low energy nuke cards but this is pretty much what I expected from Steelix. Its not a fast Pokemon so 5 energy attack makes sense for it.

Cant wait for my shiny m/Pidgeot EX full art cards!
Don't get too excited, they might promo him :rolleyes:

Back