Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

PatriciaWagon22

Aspiring Trainer
I see they've went back to the tearable plastic packaging like from Black and White, even with the theme decks, really smart, garuenteed to keep the kiddos from getting to them easily

SaitoGmr5

Aspiring Trainer
Uuul are we getting another Yanmega Prime? ^^ And that M Steelix looks promising, Metal and Fighting, now i'm excited.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I have a friend who'd LOVE that Hoopa deck from the artwork alone

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
I lerve the pack art, all of them (except the M Gardevoir one,) look amazing in my own opinion, and I'll definitely be getting the "Gears of Fire" theme deck.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Can we not get Hydriegon please? We got one in ROS. Even though that was a year ago. I don't think we need one.

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
I think we could have passed on having another Gardevoir EX for, oh...I dunno...a LOPUNNY EX!!! But I get it, movie and all. But seriously, this is likely the second to last set before they make Sun and Moon sets next year, much like they made Primal Clash for the following year for ORAS. I say second to last, cuz I'm just about betting we get a reprint set around the holidays with some more pretty radiant collection cards, probably that Beedrill EX and, if rotation does what I think it will, the reprinting of the night march cards.

I mean, we're going to start getting Sun and Moon cards next year, the least Pokemon could do is cover more mega Pokemon they haven't gotten down yet. Sun and Moon will probably have, what, 140+ new Pokemon and we're still making more Gardevoir EXes when our Primal Clash one was so damn good and got a reprint in Generations to keep it around another year. Yeah it has dual type but pfft...The old one is still a hateful monster if you play it right.

I do kind of feel like the BREAK evolutions are coming to an end though. Surely it wasn't going to be a continuing thing like EX Pokemon but be more like the ancient trait Pokemon. Plus, if Sun and Moon is going to do what people are rumoring, which I hope it wont, then we'll have another new mechanic probably. Of course the last thing Pokemon needs is Digimon fusion evolutions. Already bad enough Greninja has to try and be like Ash. Hey Greninja, remember, your trainer's job is to catch them all and yet most just willingly go with him while he takes hurt ones to the Pokemon Center instead of, you know, putting them in a Pokeball first.

Passed up the chance for so many Pokemon...I swear, he has got to be in a coma because he has the IQ of a vegetable. Every time Clemont breaks out a new invention, "Science is so amazing", while knowing it will blow up in his face. Ugh...

But seriously, Lopunny EX could have been boss in this set. Normal as Lopunny EX, Normal/fighting as a mega. Maybe have colorless attack costs but still be able to attach that strong energy. UGH! I would make it work. Already miffed my Flashfire Lopunny will be rotating out, plus I just can't find a standard deck I like. I got Lopunny in my expanded deck but I don't care much for anything in standard right now. Sure fire is getting some help from this set but really, who didn't expect Volcanion to be in this set? I mean he was the last one in the XY Pokedex to not have a card yet, to which it will now have two. Give Pyroar a BREAK evolution just before rotation of the old one...We still lack 11 mega Pokemon from the previous generations and how much does anyone wanna bet, we're going to see newer ones first. Everybody would lose their minds if they made a Mega Flygon and first set we get, there he'd be.

Bet in Base Set for Sun and Moon we see Solgaleo and Lunala, just like we did for Xerneas and Yveltal. I wouldn't assume they wouldn't be EXes either, because you never know about it, since Xerneas and Yveltal were. But is a single Lopunny EX so much to ask? I swear, you can easily draw it on a card without it being sexy. It'll be hard and, I would try to be happy just to have it but it can be done. But seriously, Pokemon, make that art sexy AF.

Pasu2k

Aspiring Trainer
What's up with the background (behind the boosters and theme decks)? Do the theme decks come in blisters now?

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Forest of Giant Plants would be good if the Poison type was still represented by Grass, like in the olden days. Of course, 30 was high damage output back then, so I'll keep on appreciating these new sets.

Nah, I actually like them the way they are now. The colour of the Psychic types (Purple) is a lot more accurate for the Poison types than the Green for the Grass types.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
LOL that Galvantula. Otherwise, Pokemon Ranger is pretty much useless because its a Supporter and not a Trainer card but Special Charge seems like it'll see some play. If Pokemon Ranger was a Trainer card, it might see some play but it's too gimmicky and takes up the use of a Supporter for that turn. It looks pretty but it's one of those full arts that you'll never add to your deck. Also, just something I noticed but I think Galvantula might have two attacks but as the card is so blurry, I can't really tell.

ImDaBanana

The real world Nanab Berry!
"You may play as many Supporter cards as you like during your turn (before your attack)."
Wow new rule confirmed? ;)

Anyways, special charge seems very useful!

NEO

Aspiring Trainer
You may play as many Supporter cards as you like during your turn (before your attack). - wait wut?

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
Pokémon Ranger = "screw you toad"?

Man, we finally have a card explicitly designed to get Special Energy back. Fighting decks will love this, for sure. XD

DaGod503

Aspiring Trainer
wow this set does does keep revealing playable cards.
Pokemon ranger and special charge will definitely be useful for my decks

Frosstoise

Pokemon Connoisseur
If that galvantula turns out to be 30, this is going to get ugly. 6 marchers in the discard isn't that hard to do, only two compressors worth. It's going to make what looked like a complete nerfing of the march a much softer blow. Really hard to gauge whether it'll stay on Teir 1, but it's not going to fade away completely with this for sure.

pyroar20

Aspiring Trainer
Otherwise, Pokemon Ranger is pretty much useless because its a Supporter and not a Trainer card but Special Charge seems like it'll see some play. If Pokemon Ranger was a Trainer card, it might see some play but it's too gimmicky and takes up the use of a Supporter for that turn. It looks pretty but it's one of those full arts that you'll never add to your deck.

What? A copy of Pokemon Ranger is auto-included in Night March for me. It's a hard counter to Jirachi promo, Jolteon-EX, Giratina-EX and Toad, this card is too good. Both Ranger and Special Charge are powerful addition to Night March.