Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Love love love the art on Bisharp and Nidoking as well!!! So amazing!!

PS: if we got some good Evo acceleration for the Nido lines (here's hoping Nidorin@ can pull through for that!) Nidoqueen Ancient Trait from PRC would combo wickedly with this!!

What a stupid card. Unless there's a card that lets you swarm your Bench with Nidoqueen, this card will never see play. Disappointing.

I could see Nidoking work with Forest of Giant Plants. Not sure it would be successful but certainly sounds fun thinking about it.

Also that Bisharp. I must-no, I NEEEEED IIIIT. *^*

I could see Nidoking work with Forest of Giant Plants. Not sure it would be successful but certainly sounds fun thinking about it.

Also that Bisharp. I must-no, I NEEEEED IIIIT. *^*

Bisharp is fantastic, as the resistance of Psychic is on both Dark AND Metal type cards. You could say that it's Weakness represents it's Dark Element, and it's Resistance represents it's Metal type.

Forest of Giant Plants would be good if the Poison type was still represented by Grass, like in the olden days. Of course, 30 was high damage output back then, so I'll keep on appreciating these new sets.

I'm in it for all cards that make Trevenant and Night March not viable!

Resistance first and then weakness.

For example, an 80 damage attack against a weak (x2 damage) and resist ( - 20) would be:

80 - 20 = 60 * 2 = 120

Source: This happened to me when I was playing with eevolutions (flareon, jolteon and vaporeon sharing theirs type with stage 1 pokemon)
Actually, this is a situation in which you apply Weakness first THEN resistance. It's that same thing with golurk from Anciant Origins. So, doing the math, that would be 30+60=90x2=180-20=160. Good comback to most fairies in a dark deck, also rainbow force is a good option with it, as it attacks for any energy.
Source: Pokemon Support. It's all true.

If Karen makes her way into this set (which is very likely) then Night March and Vespiqueen just got undoubtedly nerfed, And with Night March gone Greninja is able to possibly take the mantle of BDIF. Calling it right now that wolds will be nothing but YGZ, Greninja, Trevenant, Crayquaza and Mega Sceptile.
And Serperior. As it denies any other deck that people wanna use besides these and Volcanion most likely won't be played because of Greninja, Serperiors speed will rek Greninja. Also, I've found against against YZG, Dedenne is the most OP Pokemon against this deck with Serperior because it's easy to just set down and put it into active, and bam, OHKO a Yveltal (Maybe) I beat Trevenant, Ray, and Mega Sceptile. Serperior is just two OP OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said earlier, this will be a good option for Rainbow Force, because it adds two types, and can be a replacement for FLF Druddigon. This is like previously stated, it adds two types to power up Xerneas' Rainbow Force attack, and has a move that does the same amount of damage unfortunately, but only takes one energy, so it can be easily powered up with a Fairy Energy if need be.
Edit: This can also be a decent counter to tack on damage on Jolteon EX I suppose.
Edit 2: New post while I typed that^. Oops.
Hydreigon BREAK and Yanmega BREAK? This set is getting even better as the clock ticks.

Well Nidoqueen can now do 140+poison for 1 energy with muscle band and a nidoking in play (poison jab). its a shame her 2nd attack deals 20 self damage each time you use it..

EDIT: i keep thinking about pyroar break. how many pokemon have a base damage on their attack that exceeds their own total hp? its crazy. off the top of my head all i can think of is tyrantrum ex.

Well Nidoqueen can now do 140+poison for 1 energy with muscle band and a nidoking in play (poison jab). its a shame her 2nd attack deals 20 self damage each time you use it..

EDIT: i keep thinking about pyroar break. how many pokemon have a base damage on their attack that exceeds their own total hp? its crazy. off the top of my head all i can think of is tyrantrum ex.

Black Kyurem-EX's Black Ballista attack did 200 and he had a base HP of 180. But yes, we got some seriously outrageous numbers here compared to the old days.

Those theme deck names...I wonder what they'll be. I get the decks will feature one of the dual-types. Possibly the two dual-types that haven't been revealed.

Gears of Fire is definitely metal/fire, so...Heatran? Ring of Lightning isn't as obvious. Ring makes me think fairy-type, but the only fairy and electric type is dedenne, and surely that's not getting a deck. Maybe water/electric? Lanturn?

cant wait to see clawitzer break, hydregion break and yanmega break all great pokemon! :) First dragon break card we will have i think too :D

I noticed Bisharp is a shiny, and I've seen Azumarill and Gardevoir are shiny as well (Shiftry might be? Its shiny form looks so similar). I wonder if all dual types in the coming sets will be shiny as well, except Volcanion I guess

so with the dual types all revealed we have all types covered except lightning, colorless and dragon.

doubt we'll get a colorless dual type unless they do more bird/flying themed stuff like in ROS, but should see lightning and dragon in the following set.

so which dual type lightning is likely... magnezone L/M, lantern L/W,
M Ampharos L/Dr (unlikely had a print in AOR)
Rotom very possible with multiple types and new pokedex type plus set is near sun/moon release time
galvantula L/G interesting typing could be something there.
stunfisk L/F, dedenne L/F

now which ones have easily noticeable shiny looks... about half. Rotom would be my first choice just cause of all the options and the new form in sun/moon.

Back