Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

That is not how it works because it is still considered an attack and it places damage counters and if a pokemon would be knocked out by silent fear the effect of Bisharp would still happen so 30+60=90x2=180 for a single energy. Wow that bisharp just made trev break less viable because that retailiate will easily knock out a trevanant. Having resistance will also help a lot as well. Can also do a big chunk to fairy pokemon doing the x2 weakness then -20 after still a solid attack.

False. Bisharp says "If any of your Pokemon were knocked out by DAMAGE from an opponent's attack..."

Silent Fear doesn't do damage, it places damage counters, so if it KO's anything it doesn't count as them being knocked out by damage, but instead as being knocked out by an effect of an attack.

Trevenant Break is just as viable as before, so calm down there. Bisharp being a stage one is a lot more hindering to its inclusion in a deck than it being a basic would have been, so this card will only be run in decks that have space for it and desperately need a way to counter Trevenant.

Has anyone noticed what city it is in? Is it the mechanical city or just an idea for art? It does look futuristic...what do you guys think?

It says it in the description.

"Like many of the cards in the set, the artwork features the gear-themed Azoth Kingdom. It will be the setting of the Volcanion and the Mechanical Magearna movie, which XY11 is promoting."

The art is beautiful!

So, Bisharp can attach both Shield Energy and Dangerous Energy?
Makes himself a bit tankier and the opponent a bit less inclined to attack. Sounds fun to use.

Inb4 "but how does weakness/resistance fairies?"
Same way Golurk does with dark types. Weakness first. So the second attack will do 100

EDIT: second attack ignores resistance. so it still does 120. first attack would do 160 if a Pokemon had been KO'd the turn before

Last edited:
If Karen makes her way into this set (which is very likely) then Night March and Vespiqueen just got undoubtedly nerfed, And with Night March gone Greninja is able to possibly take the mantle of BDIF. Calling it right now that wolds will be nothing but YGZ, Greninja, Trevenant, Crayquaza and Mega Sceptile.

If Karen makes her way into this set (which is very likely) then Night March and Vespiqueen just got undoubtedly nerfed, And with Night March gone Greninja is able to possibly take the mantle of BDIF. Calling it right now that wolds will be nothing but YGZ, Greninja, Trevenant, Crayquaza and Mega Sceptile.

If Karen is included in the set, I bet Wailord will appear again for Worlds

I love crayon art cards.
I don't think we gonna get Nidoqueen, Primal Clash didn't have a Nidoking.

NidoKing Break for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care about the fact that Nidoking has a Retreat Cost of Four, I'm just happy that it's not Fighting!

Well, clucky as almost every Nidoking... a shiny double type Nidoking would have been so cool, but whatever...

This kinda confirms Nidoqueen seeing as a Nidoqueen is mentioned in his ability.

The again Marowak got a print in Fates Collide without there even being a Cubone

I love crayon art cards.
I don't think we gonna get Nidoqueen, Primal Clash didn't have a Nidoking.

I dont know Nidoran male in this set gets a Nidoran female to the bench. So i dont see why they would not included the Queen line.

Back