Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Pokemon Ranger is a Hex Maniac type Supporter for effects. Prior to this card, there was no way of negating the effects of Flash Ray, Crystal Ray, Resistance Blizzard, etc. other than awkwardly Lysandre-ing around it.

This seems good for the game.

If I am not mistaken, Pokémon Ranger would also allow you to get rid of effects such as "You can't use this attack next turn" (such as Volcanion EX's, among many).
Another thing worth noting in a Greninja-heavy format, is that Ranger also allows you to use your abilities even after an opponent's Shadow Stitching. This card solves a few problems a hypothetical Volcanion-EX deck could have had (ie. How to deal with Jolteon-EX, and how to have at least a fighting chance against Greninja. Extra bonus : another way to stream attacks!)

wow joltik just got a massive buff with galvanchila shiny no need to play vespiquen anymore since it is a dual type and 130 hp for a stage one is 100 hp increase...At least pokemon ranger and enegy recharger will see some competative play night march is here to stay sad to say :( 30x30 is mega gardevoir level of an attack and its too much damage...this is probably one of the best sets since roaring skies will be an intresting worlds :D
Pokémon Ranger = "screw you toad"?

Man, we finally have a card explicitly designed to get Special Energy back. Fighting decks will love this, for sure. XD

Screws more then just toad any anyoying pokemon with an effect of attack that locks you will no longer work including your own pokemon. It is like another hex maniac but I can only see this as a 1 of and its situational and dependent on the match up, but at least greninja can attack a glacieon ex now. Fighting decks had carbink break and battle compressor so you could play this instead of carbink its your preferance. I find it also funny that the mew glacieon ex/jolteon ex deck is no longer viable now with this one supporter card xD but that is what I love about pokemon and the meta it is always expanding and adjusting to new cards :)

Last edited:
Pokemon ranger is a beast card, screws toad etc but also u can attack again with a "limited attack" u just did! it will see play, count on it!

Pokemon ranger is a beast card, screws toad etc but also u can attack again with a "limited attack" u just did! it will see play, count on it!

Interesting, I wonder if Pokemon Ranger will work with attacks such as Magearna-EXs 'Soul Blaster'? If I were to use Soul Blaster for 120, the next turn it should do only 60 - however, if I played Pokemon Ranger on my second turn, could I attack again for 120?

As another example, you could also use it to negate the effect of the opponent's Serperior's Coil attack. Or use it on your own Serperior to Slashing Strike two turns in a row.

Pokemon Ranger seems to have a lot of uses!

That ranger can destroy Jolteon,Glaceon Giratina and Seismitoad's effects though !!!!! I mean it reduces their effects no ?

Pokemon ranger doesn't say "until the end of your turn" or anything. Does that mean it's for the whole game?

I have been wanting a card like Pokémon Ranger. I believe as far as how long it lasts is...well..until either active Pokémon resets effects. Essentially, I think of it in relation to TCGO, removing all current green and red arrows from active Pokémon (brought on by attacks, not abilities or items), but not preventing those effects from returning when requisite attacks are used again...if that makes sense. I think it has quite a lot of uses offensively and defensively.

Wow, and this set will be legal for the World Championship too. Looks like a lot of people will need to be up to date with this set or else there downfall. Looks like I need to get a box of this set with all the playable card coming in this set. Ninja Boy and these new cards, just a WOW and excited. :)

Back