Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

vileplume i's a good way to item lock. But there is hex and people still play vileplume. People will at stillplay toad or toad/tina . Like me XD

I will never understand how they choose what non-character trainers get fullarts. How you gonna do Hex Maniac dirty like that?

huh thought all 8 shiny/dual types had been revealed in last post, which is why I guessed a lighting/grass galvantula for the set after this, good to see it's in this one though. so with 7 of 8 confirmed that only leaves normal and dragon without a dual type card.

looking at dragon types we don't have any that are normal but we do have several that are flying, they are
dragonite, altaria, salamence and noivern. of those 4 noivern has the most recent printing with a break so lets eliminate that one, the remaining ones are all in ROS, 2 of them stage 2 and altaria is a stage 1. of the 7 other shinys only 1 is a stage 2, so it's likely the last one will be stage 2 as well. with the fire/water theme in this set my money would be on salamence.

Seriously ... the french name is always ... beuargh !!!! I don't know who is deciding that but "XY11 Offensive Vapeur" is the worst Pokémon french translation since the beginning !!!!
As usual i prefer the English name ! :(

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-9_16-10-6.png
    upload_2016-6-9_16-10-6.png
    95 bytes · Views: 7
Seriously ... the french name is always ... beuargh !!!! I don't know who is deciding that but "XY11 Offensive Vapeur" is the worst Pokémon french translation since the beginning !!!!
As usual i prefer the English name ! :(
Thats nothing to the german name...
German name is "Dampfkessel" which means steam boiler ^^'

Neat. I'm curious if we'll be getting both the Pokemon Ranger full art card and the Prof. Sycamore (promotional) full art card that'll be given out this month in Japan... It'd be cool to have 2 full art supporters in this US release.

Is that Special Charge a real card?... i kinda cant believe after all the effort PTCG has made to explicitly NOT print any card like this, that they have just turned around and flat out created it. Wow

Such exciting reveals!

Pokemon Ranger will be a key addition for quite a few decks that are struggling with certain effects.

Special Energy, is practically a must for, well, any deck that runs special energies. I use DCE or DDE quite often in my decks, so throwing a few copies of this is a no brainer.

Galvantula I'm very excited for. Certainly wasn't expecting Galvantula to get the dual type treatment. I think these dual types are actually really fun, and hope they last for a while (and not just this one set).

What a scrub.
The Rainbow Road player has a 1-prize Jirachi on bench and instead promotes his 2-prize Volcanion-EX as a meat shield in the final turns of the game.
The guy doesn't even keep track of there being 9 NMers in the discard pile

Screw you card makers. A direct counter to Item lock/whatever lock? TPCi really is trying too hard to please the vocal minority of Toad haters. It's not even like Toad/Item lock is viable anymore since NM in its current state can destroy any deck. Countering lock is an unnecessary insult to injury.

Finally, a reliable to way to get back Special energy cards...

I wonder if this set will have the Klink line... First of all, they're literal gears, they haven't appeared in a while and also, there has to be some metal pokémon for the english Volcanion deck, as the only metal-types revealed so far are EXs (and the dual-type Bisharp, which uses Darkness energy, not Metal). Cruel Traitor doesn't have any more space for Metal-types so I guess Explosive Fighter might have something more...

Another thing, and this is related to the reveal of the dual-type Galvantula. A while ago, I saw this image on the official card blog:
0525_04.jpg

There's that card in the active position (or template, they seem kinda empty) of a dual Fire/Grass pokémon card. I can't read japanese so I don't know what this was supposed to be but I thought maybe we could get a dual Fire/Grass Volcarona (the only pokémon that could have those 2 types combined in the TCG).

Is that Special Charge a real card?... i kinda cant believe after all the effort PTCG has made to explicitly NOT print any card like this, that they have just turned around and flat out created it. Wow

This basically summarizes my thoughts on the card.

Not only did they print it, but they made it an *Item* that brings back literally half your deck's total arsenal of Special Energy (most decks only pack 4 Special Energy cards, obviously there are exceptions); in a format where it's easy to deck thin and power through your deck.

Hey, maybe this will increase Spec. Energy use and a spike in Assault Vests, Giratina, and Aeigislash EX will follow? There's a counter to everything nowadays haha!

What a scrub.
The Rainbow Road player has a 1-prize Jirachi on bench and instead promotes his 2-prize Volcanion-EX as a meat shield in the final turns of the game.
The guy doesn't even keep track of there being 9 NMers in the discard pile
By George your right...

I like Pokemon Ranger it helps decks push through barrier attacks which sometimes just outright can't and lose due to that.

Special Charge? In my opinion it should only shuffle one Special Energy in.

Pokemon ranger doesn't say "until the end of your turn" or anything. Does that mean it's for the whole game?
Pokemon Ranger removes all effects, it does not block them, so there is no timer on the card. once all effects have been removed, the card resolves and is discarded, ending the effect. The removed effects do not come back unless the card that originally applied the effects applies them again (Jolteon would have to use Flash Ray again to bring back the buff for example.

Wow, they've actually released a Special Energy support card? I can't recall the last time they had a card that allowed you to reclaim discarded Special Energy cards (Well, outside of the old Plasma stuff).

Also a new Galvantula, and its attack is just Night March under a new name... I'm going to be buying as many Karens as humanly possible when they're localized so I can screw up everyone who attempts to play NM decks XD

Combining this with ancient trait Nidoqueen, you could do 100 damage with one energy. Not bad.
And then if you had two Nidokings on your bench, your Nidoqueen is swinging for 140 per turn with only one energy. It's still gonna need a little more support to see significant play I think.

I doubt galvantula will have night march, watching the video galvantula didn't add to the night march total when joltik attacked for 180, if galvantula had night march the attack would have done 200, unless it was a misplay or its attack is different somehow.

Back