Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Bet money they are doing this just to nerf Night March even more.

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Dragonite-EX and ninja Boy will be legal at the same time.... woah

If only someone was making an online engine that could test cards that weren't even out yet without printing them :/

Darkpoison64

Aspiring Trainer
Since Trevenant BREAK doesn't deal damage but plus damage counters. The only way Bisharp would be able to retaliate for the extra damage would be if Trev BREAK used Trev's attack.
That is not how it works because it is still considered an attack and it places damage counters and if a pokemon would be knocked out by silent fear the effect of Bisharp would still happen so 30+60=90x2=180 for a single energy. Wow that bisharp just made trev break less viable because that retailiate will easily knock out a trevanant. Having resistance will also help a lot as well. Can also do a big chunk to fairy pokemon doing the x2 weakness then -20 after still a solid attack.

Interesting that they decided to delete the post of steam Siege being legal for worlds. The dual types being shiny really makes me want to collect this set. Glad to see a change in some english cards come out before the japanese leaks :p Pokepuff/target whistle/puzzle of time lucario fight alone will be a good deck if you go first and manage to bench an opponent's shaymin.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
I was hoping the Pokepuff would have included in the TCG Translation that your opponent can use effects revolving around them playing those Pokemon from their hand as that would save lots of confusion about how it works.

Also Steam Siege possibly being playable for worlds by changing the release date rule is something I'm not quite comfortable with. This sort of change should have happened the set after Worlds in my personal opinion instead of before.

philkangsanity

Literally Newswatcher
Hmm... I just checked the Pokémon Website, and I don't see the Steam Siege set legality... Did the Pokémon Website take that post down, or what?

AndreBernacchi

Aspiring Trainer
I guess the weakness and resistance cancel out

Resistance first and then weakness.

For example, an 80 damage attack against a weak (x2 damage) and resist ( - 20) would be:

80 - 20 = 60 * 2 = 120

Source: This happened to me when I was playing with eevolutions (flareon, jolteon and vaporeon sharing theirs type with stage 1 pokemon)

Steve D

Aspiring Trainer
I was hoping the Pokepuff would have included in the TCG Translation that your opponent can use effects revolving around them playing those Pokemon from their hand as that would save lots of confusion about how it works.

Also Steam Siege possibly being playable for worlds by changing the release date rule is something I'm not quite comfortable with. This sort of change should have happened the set after Worlds in my personal opinion instead of before.

I know what you mean about the misunderstanding, I think this card doesn't get the owner to use the abilities though as it says that you get to put it on their bench. Shaymin for example says "When you play this card.." and if you're opponent is putting it on your bench it's not filling the critirea of Shaymin

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Kind of worried the full arts will have lines down the middle with two different backgrounds, I hope they are one background over the whole card. The line design is kind of ugly.

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
I think Bisharp is the only Dual type thus far that can benefit from Eeveelutions? Can't wait for my fabulous Pride Bisharp :)!

Anyway, they seem to be making these Dual types (sans M Garde) really underwhelming to compensate for double weakness. I mean, Retaliate is pretty good, but frankly 90 is Just Not Enough(TM) and isn't a basic like past Retaliate users.

OmnomOrNah

Duke of Dead Draw
Resistance first and then weakness.

For example, an 80 damage attack against a weak (x2 damage) and resist ( - 20) would be:

80 - 20 = 60 * 2 = 120

Source: This happened to me when I was playing with eevolutions (flareon, jolteon and vaporeon sharing theirs type with stage 1 pokemon)
Under full details of attacking in the rulebook under advanced rules, weakness is step 3, then resistance is step 4. So you'd do weakness first then resistance. (80*2)-20=140

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
I know what you mean about the misunderstanding, I think this card doesn't get the owner to use the abilities though as it says that you get to put it on their bench. Shaymin for example says "When you play this card.." and if you're opponent is putting it on your bench it's not filling the critirea of Shaymin

That's my issue that I had assumed as well but the Pokemon Blog in Japan had to clarify what the opponent could do with the abilities of the pokemon that are put into play because of this : http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/04/talonflame-break-captivating-pokepuff-promos

That's why I was hoping that would add a little more meat to the effect of the card to clarify what it does to remove the doubt right away as we really don't have that many cards like this at all especially from Black and White on I remember older cards like an Erika Perfume Trainer that brought them from the hand to the bench.

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
Rotation would have been useful for Regionals, had a cool Delphox BREAK deck planned, but couldn't use it because Fates Collide wasn't legal :(