Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Maybe instead of taking 1 more prize card from a coin flip, maybe it could say "Take prize cards until you have one left." but still be the same odd situational card it is.
Actually, if it was that, playing four as well as if they reprinted something like Legends Awakened Azelf, and Slowbro from BREAKPoint could win you a game in a flash. How crazy would that be?

Or say this, Umbreon from Fates Collide KO's a mega and takes four prize cards. That paired with something like stated previously, an ability similar to Azelf's, and Slowbro would also be pretty darn jank. You'd have to KO a mega with a 70, maybe 80 or 90, damage attack though, which won't happen with extreme ease.
You would have to first have the Greedy Die in your hand, then play Azelf to switch that with the possible Pokémon in the Prize Cards, then KO a Mega with Umbreon and take the Greedy Die and whatever 3 other cards you have, even then it's a coin flip. At this point you either need Slowbro on your bench, or a Slowpoke on your bench an a Slowbro in hand. If A. You get the coin flip, and you are left with one Prize Card remaining, or B. You miss the coin flip, and you have to make something else work to take 2 more prize cards. If A., you let Umbreon take a hit, retreat it then use Slowbro's Walk-Off Homer attack, you win the game. If B., like I said, you would need another way to take the remaining two Prize Cards because it didn't work.

Super jank and unreliable, but maybe some super unlikely scenario in Unlimited this could work.

When TPCi decided to make Night March, and to a lesser extent, Vespiqueen/Flareon.

Basically, Gardevoir is still good, but it's not degenerate, so why play something that's "fair" when there's so many degenerate decks out there? I mean, playing just for fun or kitchen table pokemon, it's fine to play a fair deck. But if you're trying to be competitive and win...

There's a big difference between playing competitive and just having no contest. Its not supposed to be a game of just play the most broken thing since I dont consider that skillful play. Night March wasn't supposed to exist the way it does but it does and people hate losing to it. Competitive is supposed to be fun and decks that can nuke for very little effort aren't fun or competitive.

Ok, the Greedy Die seems like a bad card, but I love the idea.
Interacting directly with the prize cards is the most neglected mechanic in the game. Tons of cards let you do stuff with you hand/bench/deck/discard pile; But VERY few do anything directly with the prize cards.
I am glad they are putting more variety in the game.
Though Greedy Die is killed in usefulness by specifying that it be face down and a coin flip.

Can I get a Trainer that plays from the prize cards and lets you draw 5 cards? Or a special energy that can be played from the prizes directly to a Pokemon in play? Or a Pokemon with an ability to play it from the prizes, and swap directly into Active position, or put some status effect on the Defending one?

Is it just me, or does Pokemon really want Gardevoir-EX to be good. It's it third release in a year. There is like two opposing game mechanics people at Pokemon. One really really likes the game mechanics of item lock. The other really really just like Gardevior.

Sorry, I might catch flack for this post, but I actually think the one that likes Gardevior is a woman, and wants the game to be fun. I see a lot of women at tournaments play fairy decks. It is a bad assumption.

While the other is a man, and just likes the idea of complete (cough cough) domination? I see a lot of men at tournaments play Item lock decks. It is another bad assumption.

This is something Daily Show would point out if this game ever made it's way there.

Well then, Shiny Mega Garde isn't as powerful as we thought she was. Deals 10 damage per discard and not 30. Real bummer. I've been lied to!

I think she will still be ok! sacred ash can put 50 damage back into your deck with every shuffle, and if you use hoopas and shaymins for the discard in standard format then it will be pretty EZ to get them back on the field turn after turn, since a single ultra ball is +40 damage and gives you as many shaymins as you need to find the next ultra ball/hoopa

I actually am really excited for this deck. It definitely has some obvious issues BUT the fact that you get to play with so many shaymins and hoopas with little downside gives you a lot of room for non-draw supporters and items to help you out- for instance, I would feel fine including giovannis scheme so i only need to discard 4 benched mons to hit for 110 + 40 + 20 = 170. That means I can have my backup attacker charging up on the bench.

Wow, A reprint of Fairy Garden in Fates Collide and now a reprint of Xerneas from XY Base. Pokémon, have you been stalking me? I'm glad that my Mega Gardevoir Deck can still be played in standard for a little while longer. Come on Fairy Transfer Aromatisse reprint.

When has 110 damage for 0-2 energy EVER been considered bad? m- gardevoir 2hkos now. I think we need less Pokemon that can nuke so easily.
Keep in mind that it's a mega and there are many basic ex's that can do the same damage/cost, if not better.

This shiny MGarde is still really good despite only dealing +10 more damage for discarding a benched Pokémon instead of +30. 110 damage for 2 energy cost is fairly good on its own but Dimension Valley is confirmed to be reprinted in this set so it can actually deal that much for just 1 (or even absolutely nothing with the right setup). That's a lot of damage for so little cost and there's still the option of dealing a bit more if you feel the need to dispatch a weakened/useless 'Mon to deny the opponent from taking a Prize. 10 damage can make all the difference so what part of this card makes people think it's useless?

So we had the chance to get Mega Salamence, Mega Banette, Mega Sharpedo, Mega Camerupt, Mega Pidgeot, Mega Beedrill, Mega Sableye and Mega Steelix from this set that we haven't gotten yet... And all we're getting is Mega Steelix, and probably Mega Beedrill in the English release.

I mean they've all been shown to be in the movie through posters and trailers, so why just Shiny Mega Gardevoir and Shiny Mega Steelix (urgh, probably not even gonna be the regular colour)

Feel a little disappointed by this set already too. I find the dual typing layout a little lazy and obvious too. They could've been more creative.

M grade is still good. After I had a few people tell me. I realized that m grade was pretty broken with being able to deal 230 damage for 1 energy and potentially 0 energy. I still wish it's base attack was 120 but I still think this card can have some play

First off, I am kind of annoyed that Gardevoir EX is not only not shiny but is also a single type. Not that there isn't precedence for it but it's still annoying. Also doesn't seem too good IMO.

I do like the regular Volcanion, glad to see it. It's attacks are also pretty good. Glad to see a regular Hoopa Unbound but I can't say the attacks are as good. But as long as Black Kyurem makes it into Steam Siege, that's three good holo cards for me.

Greedy Die...well, at first I thought it was pretty broken but actually given the conditions it's not really that good at all, thank goodness.

Am I the only one hoping that M. Steelix is not a shiny Pokémon? It would also be nice for Steelix EX to be fighting but I bet it will be steel.

I didn't even know Pidgeot was supposed to be in the movie and since it seems to have a minor role (because it mega's) I may have to see it. Here's to hoping it does die in the movie since a Pokemon seems to always die. I also hope it isn't a bad guy and its Ash's Pidgeot coming to help out, though its not likely...

As for m Gardevoir, 110 base damage is really good and considering fodder is really good with this Pokemon, its super strong. You also have to consider ALL the support fairy gets. Here, I made a sample deck list;

4x Gardevoir
4x m Gardevoir
4x Shaymin EX
2x Hoopa EX
2x Klefki FFI

4x Max Potion
4x Gardevoir Spirit Link
4x Ultra Ball
4x Vs Seeker
4x Puzzle of Time
3x Super Rod
2x Battle Compressor

3x Sycamore
3x N
2x Hex Maniac
1x Lysandre
1x AZ

4x Dimension Valley

5x Fairy Energy

High number counts because why not. You can also build a free attack version and still have the full fairy support.

Is the legendary dream holo thingie gonna be another Radiant Collection?

Wait a minute... Shiny M-Gardevoir's set is called Cruel Traitor?
I have a character that always wears a black dress, has powerful magic abilities, can teleport, and was a traitor to her people. o_O
What the hawk??
I was thinking Vestara Khai for just one moment there, but this isn't Star Wars.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least the Gardevoir looks really cool, could see some play, but it still could of been replaced with a different mega.

A Mega Steelix card! I wonder what it's gonna be like, I hope it's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back