Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Is the legendary dream holo thingie gonna be another Radiant Collection?

Its symbol/abbreviation is CP5, so it will be another "mini-set" similar to the PokéKyun Collection and Shiny Collection mini-sets that were the inspiration of the English Radiant Collections in both Legendary Treasures and Generations. However, it won't release in Japan until July, so we don't really know much information about it at all, and therefore we can't accurately speculate how it will be released in English. It could be another RC sub-set, it could be a new blister pack mini-set like Double Crisis or Dragon Vault, or it could be something else entirely.

Well, keep in mind it hits for psychic and fairy weakness, that's a OHKO on M alakazam and M Mewtwo and any dragon type it comes across. Plus Dimension valley means it can be done for 1 energy. Play it in expanded with the execute that bounce back to your hand and you are hitting 170 with four compressed executes and a muscle band. For one energy that hits two weakness types.

It might not be t1 but fairy have ok support, if they get better support and the meta game has a strong psychic or dragon EX in format this is a great counter deck.

As for greedy dice, it's technically slightly better than imakuni, so it's not the worst card in standard.

Last edited:
I honsetly think that the greedy die will be nice with umbreon EX im so going to make a deck where you can get 6 prizes for one knockout!

...Yes, that's definitely a "cruel" traitor. Cruel because it only does 10 more for each discarded Pokémon XD.

Anyway, can't wait to see if M Steelix is any good.

This looks like a normal shiftry, not a shiny one.
The shiny one has more yellow-ish hair and light green leaves.

Last edited:
The new look for dual types is actually really starting to grow on me. At first I missed the integrated design but I can dig this. I just hope they last longer than poor ancient traits, I miss them.

I miss ancient traits too^

And I can't think of any creative uses for that Shiftry in any particular decks. Tool shutoff is nice for spirit links and the stadium I guess for D Valley, but meh

I miss ancient traits too^

And I can't think of any creative uses for that Shiftry in any particular decks. Tool shutoff is nice for spirit links and the stadium I guess for D Valley, but meh
Rainbow Xerneas comes to mind. Shiftry is the only revealed dual type that shares no type with any other pokemon in the deck

...Why is this thing holo? It's very, very mediocre. And being Stage 2, mediocrity means it's going to see zero play at all. What a waste of a holo. (Even its art doesn't seem very holo-friendly. There isn't going to be a ton of foil showing.)

Wasn't Shiftry just in BREAKpoint? If so, then why in the world are they making another one? If they wanted to make a 3 stage Grass line with the final form being a dual type, they should have used Turtwig, who hasn't had a print sense one of the Plasma Sets.

I will admit that Shiftry's first attack is good though. It's a slightly buffed Sismeatoad, Plus it hits Marowack FTC or weakness. The second attack could also be good.

How would evil wind work with sky field? Would both players have the discard until they have 5 benched after the attack is used???

Shiftry's not bad. Attacks are decent and it's grass typing means it benefits from Forest of Giant Plants.

This Shiftry may not be super amazing but the Stadium/Tool control is very nasty.

Shifty can come out turn one with Forest of Giant Plants and attack with a Muscle Band for 60 turning off Float Stones, Fighting Fury Belts, Spirit Links and any stadium they may put in play. You also could have Fortesstress from Flash Fire spreading damage counters to get targets closer to KOs and use Devo Spray to do multiple Thorn Tempests.

Vespiquen could also be a late game clean up.

Back