Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

From the looks at first glace before translation: M-Garde drops an energy to do more.
Also, yet another reprint of Xern and Yvel from base XY.

Well then, Shiny Mega Garde isn't as powerful as we thought she was. Deals 10 damage per discard and not 30. Real bummer. I've been lied to!

What is that item card? It seems so crazy if translated correctly. With 4 of in deck. You can kill an ex grab 2 prizes. Both could be the greedy dice and grab 2 more prizes. Draw into 2 more and same thing to win with only 1 ko.

I imagine theres going to be a card that let's you look at or switch prize cards with ur hand.

It kinda bugs me that the Gardevoir EX is not shiny, given that it is shown here as evolving into Shiny M Gardevoir EX. But seing the non-shiny Marill evolve into a shiny Azumarill, I can see this being a trend in this set. I dont care much about the latter example, but Gardevoir kinda leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth, given how important it is to the set. Anyone else?

I can't wait for all the judge calls over someone claiming the greedy die was prized and they accidentally put it in their hand.

It kinda bugs me that the Gardevoir EX is not shiny, given that it is shown here as evolving into Shiny M Gardevoir EX. But seing the non-shiny Marill evolve into a shiny Azumarill, I can see this being a trend in this set. I dont care much about the latter example, but Gardevoir kinda leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth, given how important it is to the set. Anyone else?

the secret rare can be where the shiny gardevior ex is.

So which mega gardy text is correct? The one posted here, or the earlier posted Mega Gardy? If its this mega gardy, then I am afraid this card will be basically useless (10x each discarded just isnt enough damage)

will town map work with greddy dice? Also can't wait to see the mega stelix fighting and steel type. Strong energy ad focus sash, regirock hype. Its nice to see fighting getting a new mega evolution that will not be countered by jolteon ex, last one was mega aerodaycle and mega lucario.

So which mega gardy text is correct? The one posted here, or the earlier posted Mega Gardy? If its this mega gardy, then I am afraid this card will be basically useless (10x each discarded just isnt enough damage)
This one is correct because if you look at the card image the second attack description states '10', not 30. The earlier image was too blurry to really say for sure but now its easy to tell.

Well, there goes my plans for Mega Gardevoir. She's absolutely awful now, even if she can attack for 0 energy.

Hope Mega Steelix is good though, being both steel and fighting is excellent, all that fighting support, and Bronzong to accelerate metal energies onto him.

I really don't like saying negative things about other peoples' artwork, but... wow, that Gardevoir EX looks off. Like, really, really off. It's the mouth/mouth area in general. Pared with that, the eye is a bit too far up or just not quite big enough or the right shape. And that jewel or whatever that comes out of the chest looks way too sharp and jagged. Gardevoir is difficult to get right in a 3D model. This is unfortunately a good example of why. =(

Aside from that, I need the Mega Gardevoir deck box and sleeves. It's a bit disappointing to see Mega Gardevoir's attack does only 10 more damage per discarded Pokemon instead of 30. And Greedy Die is amusing. (Imagine paring that with Umbreon EX. Far from good, but it's lolsy to think about.)

Just a correction: There will not be a shiny Mega Gardevoir deck box AND a Volcanion deck box, but instead a shiny Mega Gardevoir and Volcanion deck box. If you note the picture, Volcanion is on the font of the deck box and shiny M. Gardevoir is on the back. This as well as you can see part of Volcanion on the top of the shiny M. Gardevoir side, and the text on the top is upside down.

I know Greedy Die is a bit random but seriously that's quite powerful, at this point pokemon might as well just make an official post on their website stating "Hello everyone, we know that you like to 'try' using decks that are not called night march, vespiquen vileplume, or trevenant, but we just wanted to say you're not ever going to see anything but those decks win now, enjoy every battle being one sided the second they set up their item lock or NM deck first. Oh and as for those other cards we print? They're just filler for stuff that will die to night march anyway because we know you'll buy them anyway. Have fun, but only if you play Night March or Item lock. : D "

Back