Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

Can Wonder Energy even be attached to dual-type M-Gard? Because of the Psychic typing, wouldn't it cause the Wonder Energy to be discarded? "If this card is attached to anything other than a Pokémon, discard this card."
I would assume it would work since it is still a fairy. I mean if dimension can work on it why wouldn't this.

They all have this ugly line down the middle? And that Azumarill... It's a terrible card, is a dual type which makes it worse, and it's a shiny. Shinies from Johto (except Umbreon) look awful.

I honestly think Mega Gardevoir is just a smidge overpowered. Simply for the fact it does more for less. By that, I mean, whether you use Dimension Valley and/or Florges BRT alone depending on the format, you're doing 110 damage for 1 or even no energy no strings attached. Very much like Florges EX, just not totally reliant on Fairies. It's at least enough to kill bench sitters, and since you're using so little energy, Max Potion can be very much a thing. Even with 210 hp not much can 1-shot it, so fully healing damage off of Gardy would be very inexpensive. Not to mention, it's dual typing means it can take advantage of both Fairy and Psychic support cards. Also Dimension Valley may not even be necessary for it; a Fairy energy and Mystery Energy means you have a strong EX with good power, Free Retreat Cost and lots of support.

Here are some ideas I have for this M-Gardy (which may or may not have been previous stated, therefore I don't take full credit):

-- Gardevoir/ Florges BRT Standard deck: I'm quite partial to this idea especially if Mystery Energy stays, since you can use them in the deck so Gardy has free retreat cost and can still use it's attack for good damage and still take advantage of Fairy support. However if you wanted to run Max Potion, Puzzle of Time would be staple.
-- Gardevoir/Hoopa/Sacred Ash Standard deck: A good power play in my opinion albeit a lot of deck cycling. Use Hoopa to fill your bench, with Shaymin as your obvious draw support. M-Gardy's attack hits hard, you keep liabilities off your bench, for very few Energy, with Sacred Ash and search cards to repeat the cycle of sacrifice if need be. (When did Gardevoir become so ruthless?!)

Can Wonder Energy even be attached to dual-type M-Gard? Because of the Psychic typing, wouldn't it cause the Wonder Energy to be discarded? "If this card is attached to anything other than a Pokémon, discard this card."
We have Theta Stop Golurk to answer for that as it's treated as both types while in play. So M Gardnevoir can use both Mystery and Wonder Energy.

Also that is one of the most evil attacks in this game is that the first attack that you sacrifice Pokemon for additional damage?

I was going to say something about Exeggcute + M Gardevoir but it seems peop beat me too it.

Don't know if anyone has said this yet, but this could be nice for Entei/Zard. 200+ damage is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
They all have this ugly line down the middle? And that Azumarill... It's a terrible card, is a dual type which makes it worse, and it's a shiny. Shinies from Johto (except Umbreon) look awful.
I actually like the diagonal cut. I think that's the simplist form to show its dual type without any text like they had to do with the old dual types. If you take the line out then you have to merge the colors and that'll give you a third color and that would just be even worst

Goshdarn that is an excellent attack on Gardevoir.. Farewell Hoopa, farewell Shaymins!
I was thinking of running execute with her. pop em on the bench, attack send em off, next turn propagate and repeat

I would like it more if it discarded energy attached to a Pokemon (if only so Burning Energy could actually be considered useful).
even then Burning energy would not come back

I would like it more if it discarded energy attached to a Pokemon (if only so Burning Energy could actually be considered useful).
Nah, you could have two on your bench and discard 2 fire every turn, then maybe Blacksmith or Giovanni if you want more damage. Thats plus 60 damage. As well as double muscle band and Giovanni's Scheme, you could hit 230 or 250 if you played Giovanni. (130 base for Entei's second attack, 2 muscle bands makes it 170, 2 fire discards from Volcanion makes it 230, and the possible Giovanni makes it 250.) That's enough to knock out anything without a focus sash or a Wailord EX with a Fighting Fury Belt, which you probably won't see.

Well, then why does Burning Energy even exist, then? The only thing it's been useful for so far is a Pyroar that hardly anyone even uses under traditional circumstances.
it came out with M houndoom

Nah, you could have two on your bench and discard 2 fire every turn, then maybe Blacksmith or Giovanni if you want more damage. Thats plus 60 damage. As well as double muscle band and Giovanni's Scheme, you could hit 230 or 250 if you played Giovanni. (130 base for Entei's second attack, 2 muscle bands makes it 170, 2 fire discards from Volcanion makes it 230, and the possible Giovanni makes it 250.) That's enough to knock out anything without a focus sash or a Wailord EX with a Fighting Fury Belt, which you probably won't see.
I like the way you think

http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/03/ex...ary-dream-holo-collection-zygarde-special-set

^ If the "other Mega" is NOT revealed on the Jap set, the other Mega will reveal itself in the American set as Beedrill, in which case, it will solve the "missing English card mystery", meaning the dependent variable on a more chaotic take of a reprint set that may not appear like a era-wind-down main set(like LTR was) in Japan is thrown out the window, but sadly, at the expense of XY12's NA edition, which could be held back due to the release of Sun/Moon on the same month as what would-have-been the American version of XY12, or if it breaks the Japanese-exclusive possibility by coming stateside, its Theme Decks could be subbed out by the Alola Starter Sets, but if the mystery is not solved in XY11 by means of the second Mega showing up in the Jap set to move M-Beedrill-EX to either box, or even worse, within the set that, in a fashion, could be America's LTR:Gen 6 edition, as it could come at the time of the generation when you think the generation is halted by the incoming next-gen games, a time that harkens back to one gen ago, as that would've meant one last expansion in Japan as normal if not for the fact that the games came to America at the same time as Japan, as XY did then, and at that time, due to the Japan-NA gap of a time span that would have meant the last(then-Black/White) expansion would have been released in NA on the month of the new games' Jap release, or maybe the month after, due to the worldwide releases of XY, that brings up a new problem to TPCi instead, a problem that was last encountered one gen ago:

1. Should they request a new expansion, an expansion that may not make it to the States in time to beat the month when the next gen is expected to be on the streets(meaning the month when the given street date occurs) or...

2. Should they request a hold to what would have been the last Jap expansion of BW, and bring a sub-set over to the States instead as a stop-gap measure in order to keep the fans happy enough to take the reprints into a new era when the new gen's first offerings come about, and bring the TCG franchise as much as in sync with the games' release worldwide as legally allowed?

Reality: TPCi determined that a Japan-exclusive last expansion wouldn't sit well with their own fans, so NA got a stop-gap expansion(Legendary Treasures) that was released in Japanese as a sub-set(meaning to the Japanese, it is not an expansion), w/ its theme deck equivalent as the Kalos Starter Set, all in place of what would-have-been a normal expansion complete w/ Theme Decks but not the XY expansion if not for the timing of the games' release being drastically different than that of prior gens(RBY-GS, GSC-RS, RSFRLGE-DP, DPPtHGSS-BW), with worldwide releases of each one of the games.

Flash-forward to the present: The other Mega could either indicate whether Japan is intending to make a Japan-only XY12, with the november expansion being solely the Alola Starter Set, meaning no boosters unless TPCi changes the expansion protocol to allow four boosters given out w/ the kit on prerelease time, with each one of those 4 containing 10 cards from each expansion from XY to PHF w/ no rarity symbols, the card number "20A xxx(with the xxx being a new card number)the Red Star Promo symbol, and the set stamp for the Aloha Starter Kit, for a total of 40 cards from the to-be-rotated-by-the-time-of-Alola Starter Set-release pool of 4 XY expansions from XY through PHF, or if Japan is planning to hold back their next main expansion for another 3 months, giving us in NA the need for a stop-gap to keep the fans happy, even if such stopgap serves to revive the traitor's old toys in the form of Dimension Valley, as well as toys that could be for the traitor, or against the traitor, in the form of Night March, as well as winding down the XY-BREAK block, ending the XY TCG era AND starting up the Sun/Moon TCG era in a Treasures-esque fashion...

^ Of course, if Beedrill is the other Mega, due to timing issues created thanks to the Sun/Moon games' worldwide release on the exact same month as XY12's NA release would have been, don't expect XY12 to make it to the States and/or abroad, but be glad that we're not getting another Treasures this gen, or at least in a non-limited fashion such as a prerelease: If the Aloha Starter Kit prerelease gives you a limited 40 cards from XY-PHF w/ new set symbols that scream "reprint", but since they could be only given out at that prerelease, then their original prints could be used again in Standard, but their reprints' prices could be inflated vs. their original prints, but we'll have to write "N/A" on our decklists if the cards we're using weren't obtained by such a tweaked prerelease to make up for the lack of boosters to open...

^ In summary, the best thing for the game's future is if a second Mega in the Jap doesn't reveal itself in XY11, as if it does, the "missing card mystery" could turn into a future benefit of NM AND the traitor when DV AND NM gets November reprints to maybe bring them back into Standard(assuming PHF gets rotated out in September, which I doubt) in a fashion that could break a deck by making it uber, which is something I thought TPCi is cracking down on... If DV gets reprinted, please hope that the traitor is not abused to help NM to become the BDIF in a fashion that forces people to make decks that counter it, a result of habits that indicate there is a toxic card in rotation that is better off banned from competitive play and thrown into the same boat as the one that Lysandre's TC and Shiftry NXD(Giant Fan) are currently on: the Banned Cards boat... A boat that I hope a good card like the traitor's does not have to go on for being too good to be fair to the rest of the meta...

Last edited:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/03/ex...ary-dream-holo-collection-zygarde-special-set

^ If the "other Mega" is NOT revealed on the Jap set, the other Mega will reveal itself in the American set as Beedrill, in which case, it will solve the "missing English card mystery", meaning the dependent variable on a more chaotic take of a reprint set that may not appear like a era-wind-down main set(like LTR was) in Japan is thrown out the window, but sadly, at the expense of XY12's NA edition, which could be held back due to the release of Sun/Moon on the same month as what would-have-been the American version of XY12, or if it breaks the Japanese-exclusive possibility by coming stateside, its Theme Decks could be subbed out by the Alola Starter Sets, but if the mystery is not solved in XY11 by means of the second Mega showing up in the Jap set to move M-Beedrill-EX to either box, or even worse, within the set that, in a fashion, could be America's LTR:Gen 6 edition, as it could come at the time of the generation when you think the generation is halted by the incoming next-gen games, a time that harkens back to one gen ago, as that would've meant one last expansion in Japan as normal if not for the fact that the games came to America at the same time as Japan, as XY did then, and at that time, due to the Japan-NA gap of a time span that would have meant the last(then-Black/White) expansion would have been released in NA on the month of the new games' Jap release, or maybe the month after, due to the worldwide releases of XY, that brings up a new problem to TPCi instead, a problem that was last encountered one gen ago:

1. Should they request a new expansion, an expansion that may not make it to the States in time to beat the month when the next gen is expected to be on the streets(meaning the month when the given street date occurs) or...

2. Should they request a hold to what would have been the last Jap expansion of BW, and bring a sub-set over to the States instead as a stop-gap measure in order to keep the fans happy enough to take the reprints into a new era when the new gen's first offerings come about, and bring the TCG franchise as much as in sync with the games' release worldwide as legally allowed?

Reality: TPCi determined that a Japan-exclusive last expansion wouldn't sit well with their own fans, so NA got a stop-gap expansion(Legendary Treasures) that was released in Japanese as a sub-set(meaning to the Japanese, it is not an expansion), w/ its theme deck equivalent as the Kalos Starter Set, all in place of what would-have-been a normal expansion complete w/ Theme Decks but not the XY expansion if not for the timing of the games' release being drastically different than that of prior gens(RBY-GS, GSC-RS, RSFRLGE-DP, DPPtHGSS-BW), with worldwide releases of each one of the games.

Flash-forward to the present: The other Mega could either indicate whether Japan is intending to make a Japan-only XY12, with the november expansion being solely the Alola Starter Set, meaning no boosters unless TPCi changes the expansion protocol to allow four boosters given out w/ the kit on prerelease time, with each one of those 4 containing 10 cards from each expansion from XY to PHF w/ no rarity symbols, the card number "20A xxx(with the xxx being a new card number)the Red Star Promo symbol, and the set stamp for the Aloha Starter Kit, for a total of 40 cards from the to-be-rotated-by-the-time-of-Alola Starter Set-release pool of 4 XY expansions from XY through PHF, or if Japan is planning to hold back their next main expansion for another 3 months, giving us in NA the need for a stop-gap to keep the fans happy, even if such stopgap serves to revive the traitor's old toys in the form of Dimension Valley, as well as toys that could be for the traitor, or against the traitor, in the form of Night March, as well as winding down the XY-BREAK block, ending the XY TCG era AND starting up the Sun/Moon TCG era in a Treasures-esque fashion...

^ Of course, if Beedrill is the other Mega, due to timing issues created thanks to the Sun/Moon games' worldwide release on the exact same month as XY12's NA release would have been, don't expect XY12 to make it to the States and/or abroad, but be glad that we're not getting another Treasures this gen, or at least in a non-limited fashion such as a prerelease: If the Aloha Starter Kit prerelease gives you a limited 40 cards from XY-PHF w/ new set symbols that scream "reprint", but since they could be only given out at that prerelease, then their original prints could be used again in Standard, but their reprints' prices could be inflated vs. their original prints, but we'll have to write "N/A" on our decklists if the cards we're using weren't obtained by such a tweaked prerelease to make up for the lack of boosters to open...

^ In summary, the best thing for the game's future is if a second Mega in the Jap doesn't reveal itself in XY11, as if it does, the "missing card mystery" could turn into a future benefit of NM AND the traitor when DV AND NM gets November reprints to maybe bring them back into Standard(assuming PHF gets rotated out in September, which I doubt) in a fashion that could break a deck by making it uber, which is something I thought TPCi is cracking down on... If DV gets reprinted, please hope that the traitor is not abused to help NM to become the BDIF in a fashion that forces people to make decks that counter it, a result of habits that indicate there is a toxic card in rotation that is better off banned from competitive play and thrown into the same boat as the one that Lysandre's TC and Shiftry NXD(Giant Fan) are currently on: the Banned Cards boat... A boat that I hope a good card like the traitor's does not have to go on for being too good to be fair to the rest of the meta...

god I want to reply but with all abbreviations i cant quite understand. NM is night march i know that TC is Trump Card

I've wanted a set where every card is shiny for awhile now so this is kind of funny. Thanks Pokémon for reading my mind.

Not a huge fan of the dual typing design though, it's kind of busy, but would definitely like to see more shiny blue Pokémon in the set such as Meinfoo and Venomoth.

It will be cool to see shiny Pokémon in artwork, as opposed to their neutral looking sprites. Maybe we can even get a shiny clay art.

It's a shame that the Yveltal and Xerneas from the new set are just reprints from base XY, I was hoping for something new.

This set drops on my birthday, and just so happens to be so legit that I can't keep my stuff together XD

I'm getting a case asap

Garde

If this pokemon has the same number of energies as your opponent's active then this attack does 70 more damage

Discard one energy attached to this pokemon.

Volc

Fire
Choose 2 of your benched pokemon, grab 2 fire energy from your discard pile and attach one to each of them.

Hoopa

Choose 2 of your opo pokemon this attack does 20 on each (do not apply resistance or weakness for benched pokemon)

PPP
You may not use Sink Hole (this attack) next turn

Greedy Dice - Item

When you draw a card, if it is this card flip a coin, if heads draw one more card ?? - Hard to read, low resolution picture

Back