Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

I feel sorry for Regice (the only of its group without an EX, similar to Suicune actually)...
That perfect Zygarde though...

@treyh37 About Carbink, has it ever been confirmed if we can use a break card of one type to evolve a previous stage of a different type? I haven't read much about the rules lately...

Last edited:
Oh, and regirock is also hype. If his ability stacks then I'll die with laughter, even if having four ergo rock on your bench is slightly unwieldy. Zygarde is going to be at least decent with all of the fighting support available. Though, that ghetto G-Booster replacement on the other hand, not so much.
Diancie is okay I guess, but 150 hp isn't great, and neither is 110 damage. Plus -30 damage reduction isn't really anything to get excited about for a type that already has easy access to aromatisse/max potion.
Carbink break is excellent, because if he's translated correctly, streaming double colorless or strong energies is nothing to laugh at.
Lass if fine too, if you like drawing cards and that sort of thing.

At the Genesect reveal earlier this week I predicted Tools with attacks... just with the wrong Pokemon. :p

The fact that Genesect-EX's old G-Booster/Scope were Ace Specs helped balance its ridiculous power. Looks like Zygarde will have no such balancing. Which really sucks. (Though there are more options for discarding Tools in the present format, admittedly.)

Whelp, nice misread on my part. >.<
Surely you were referring to Unlimited matches using the Doubles Battle ruleset from back in 2003, right? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
mega audino looks like it would work well with the lass support & de-evolution spray.....de-evolve your opponent's pokemon to basic, then use lass to draw a bunch of cards, then audino kills that weak little basic on the bench that you just de-evolved

i still want some cards that can have synergy with mega-altaria...cause mega-altaria is weak....i do not want to believe that mega pokemons are becoming un-playable.....zygarde ex is OP....cause its like the old genesect-ex BUT THE ITEM ATTACHMENT IS NOT AN ACESPEC CARD...so you can put 4 of them in a deck

The card that I think is most likely to see play here is Regirock-EX.

Its Ability, Regi Power, is very similar to Deoxys-EX's Power Connect, which increases the power of Plasma 'mons. For that Ability alone, Deoxys-EX was a four-copy card in every serious Plasma deck, because +30-40 power for free was just too good to pass up. Regirock will likely be a similar case in Fighting decks.

Aw man.....I was hoping Lass's Recommendation would be Base Set Lass in the new era.....

@treyh37 About Carbink, has it ever been confirmed if we can use a break card of one type to evolve a previous stage of a different type? I haven't read much about the rules lately...

Can't see why you wouldn't be able to. I mean, we technically can do that already with the Dark type Greninja Promo.

The card that I think is most likely to see play here is Regirock-EX.

Its Ability, Regi Power, is very similar to Deoxys-EX's Power Connect, which increases the power of Plasma 'mons. For that Ability alone, Deoxys-EX was a four-copy card in every serious Plasma deck, because +30-40 power for free was just too good to pass up. Regirock will likely be a similar case in Fighting decks.

I can see that happening, especially once rotation comes around and knocks out Strong Energy, Fighting Stadium, and, if TPCi doesn't reprint it soon, Muscle Band.

Well, the differences between this and G-Booster is:
1. G-Booster made you discard 2 energies. Seems Pokemon inc. has learned a lesson and given this one more of a much needed drawback.
2. G-Booster busted through hard charm, silver mirror, and other blocking stuff, when this thing doesn't.
3. You could only play one.

mega audino looks like it would work well with the lass support & de-evolution spray.....de-evolve your opponent's pokemon to basic, then use lass to draw a bunch of cards, then audino kills that weak little basic on the bench that you just de-evolved

Devolution spray only works on your own pokemon. But a deck in expanded with Archeops and Espeon will love Lass as an option.

Also Regirock EX giving fighting even MORE damage options: that also works for Gallade among other powerful fighting pokemon

If this the same Zygarde EX that's going into Fates Collide, I hope that means Carbink Break and Regirock EX are goin in it too! There're still 2 BREAKS and 5-6 EXes unaccounted for for the western release (Or 3 if M Audino is the third mega, and Diancie EX gets integrated too). That'd leave 1 more EX and BREAK to reveal for the JP main set too.

Lass's Recommendation looks really good as a one-of like Colress was, especially with Mew coming out, and Night March, Mega Ray, and Seismitina already being a thing. Of course, it can be WORSE than Tierno in certain situations, but the potential to draw 4 or more without shuffling stuff away makes it far more playable than Tierno I feel.

Well, the differences between this and G-Booster is:
1. G-Booster made you discard 2 energies. Seems Pokemon inc. has learned a lesson and given this one more of a much needed drawback.
2. G-Booster busted through hard charm, silver mirror, and other blocking stuff, when this thing doesn't.

While that is true, its another card that allows a Pokemon to do 200 damage, and its not an ace spec.

I'm kind of torn.

I have a Pokemon folder with a slot for the first artwork of every card. There are no trainer cards in it so far so do I leave a place for Squishy? or just go from Yveltal to the 10% Forme?

Or maybe they'll still release a Zygarde Core card?

(Sorry everyone, I'm just a collector, don't play the card game haha)

I can't be the only one starting to worry about Delphox and it's BREAK from AoPK right? I guess I just sort of thought after Chesnaught then Greninja it would be canon...

I can't be the only one starting to worry about Delphox and it's BREAK from AoPK right? I guess I just sort of thought after Chesnaught then Greninja it would be canon...
It really should be. With Chesnaught BREAK and Greninja BREAK it would seem odd had their not been a Delphox BREAK in Fates Collide. I have to agree it's weird and should be canon. Delphox was also my personal favorite of the Kalos starters so I would be happy to see it in this set (My favorite Pokemon ever has been revealed [Glaceon] and I would love to see one of my favorite starters as well):D

I would also absolutely LOVE to get a Zygarde-EX FA version. I imagine that art making it cost like 50 dollars on eBay.

-Zygarde-EX is a slightly better Lucario-EX .... great !
-Regirock-EX is a batter Machamp .... yay more fightning support ... :/
-M Audino-EX is pretty good, thanhfully its Col.
-Diancie-EX isn't bad but HP too low. ant it looks so outta place
-Carbink Break ... again more Fighting support !
-Power Memory ... G booster reincarnated.
-Lass can be great VS benchwarmers !

I feel terrible these EXs won't get FAs ...

The Pokemon in the New XY10 set have quit powerful attacks. We might see a slight increase in power overall. I'm especially looking out for Zygarde EX. Its first two attacks can really get you started. Cell Memory is a serious downgrade from G-Booster. It's still nice to have the option to do real damage though. And as if fighting Pokémon didn't have more than enough tools to do additional damage we now also have Regirock for an extra 40+.

Also a stage 1 that may attach two DCE or strong energy from the discard pile to a benched Pokemon while doing 20-80 damage is not bad. I'm obviously talking about Carbink Break here.

Not sure what to think about Gothita though. It's kinda confusing I guess...

-Zygarde-EX is a slightly better Lucario-EX ... great !
-Regirock-EX is a batter Machamp ... yay more fightning support ... :/
-M Audino-EX is pretty good, thanhfully its Col.
-Diancie-EX isn't bad but HP too low. ant it looks so outta place
-Carbink Break ... again more Fighting support !
-Power Memory ... G booster reincarnated.
-Lass can be great VS benchwarmers !

I feel terrible these EXs won't get FAs ...
Well you make a point actually. In the generations set nothing got a full art because Japan they didn't make them. I would hype so much over a Zygarde-EX FA but thinking about what Pokemon has done in the past I could just forget it.

Guys, is no one paying attention that the fact we have a Zygarde Core card and it looks like that it may be an item for the future main games?

Zygarde EX is basically the child of Genesect EX and Lucario EX. I will definitely be making a deck with this guy.

So when you evolve Carbink-Break form the Flashfire fairy type Carbink you gain a fighting Pokemon that will hit for weakness against most darkness types and have the darkness resistance.

Back