Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
okay but expanded has sky field and VS Seeker

if you have a full bench of fire pokemon and an empty hand that's EIGHTEEN CARDS

its not viable by any means but i find that absolutely hilarious

TotoBoss

Kappa
okay but expanded has sky field and VS Seeker

if you have a full bench of fire pokemon and an empty hand that's EIGHTEEN CARDS

its not viable by any means but i find that absolutely hilarious

The problen is youd have to play it the same as a maxie/archie deck just to get the card, on top of that you have to achieve that WITHOUT lele/shaymin and you cant use sudo / ANY OTHER COUNTER because theyre not fire. Its way too much effort for nothing, just play colress in expanded lol, might as well

King Quagsire

Ruler of Route 212, Scourge of the swamp
Blaine. Seems a pretty decent card if you can pull it off in fire decks. What a shame there is not fire type pokemon with an ability that discard certain cards from your hand. Oh, wait...

pete

Aspiring Trainer
None of those cards are as good as Blaine.
lysandre's lab a stadium that makes tools useless is much better and all around more useful then this as you need no cards in hand and on average will get 8 (2 lele setting you up and sycamore is 7 always ) but also fail while trying to empty your hand in standard often and in expanded i am still using colress where i dont have to overly work to set my deck up for slightly better card pulls in the best scenario and under parallel city or sudowodo just cry bonnie allowing you to reuse a gx attack that makes you immune while discarding a stadium even lysandre prism star is better in fire decks putting your opponents discarded but accessible resources into the lost zone

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Okay, this card is going to be so incredibly... mediocre, if not bad. And as I'm sure you all know, being mediocre isn't good enough. Maybe a one-off in Expanded or something, to hope for a VS Seeker at a good time, but not really much else. Remember how hard it was/is to pull of Archie's or Maxie's? That was to get to play a key Pokemon, and completely go crazy. This (though it is slightly easier, since you don't need to et something in the discard) is a lot of work to just get to draw a lot of cards. Granted, cards are good, but it might be a little too much work just for that. If you want to draw cards so badly, play something like Sycamore, Colress, or even a stinkin Slurpuff/Hau/Tierno/Cheren engine (it's actually a ton of fun until N ruins your day).

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
lysandre's lab a stadium that makes tools useless is much better

I misread blaine, didn't realize it has to be the only card in your hand.

Blaine is trash.

Lysandre Labs isn't really better, though. Just use field blower.

Most of the recently revealed cards are just bad.

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
really? Lance Prism Star – Trainer
Supporter

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card of the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it into the Lost Zone instead.

You can only play this card if 1 of your Pokemon was Knocked Out during your opponent’s last turn.

Search your deck for 2 [N] Pokemon and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
Wela Volcano Park – Trainer
Stadium

Each player’s Burned Pokemon remains Burned between turns (even if the coin flip is heads).

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.
Altaria – Dragon – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Swablu

Ability: Fight Song
Your [N] Pokemon’s attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[C][C] Pierce: 20 damage.

Weakness: Dairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
Zinnia – Trainer
Supporter

You can only play this card if 1 of your Pokemon was Knocked Out during your opponent’s last turn.

Attach up to 2 basic Energy cards from your hand to 1 of your [N] Pokemon.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
#10 Alolan Marowak – Fire – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Cubone

[.] Limbo Limbo: Search your deck for up to 2 basic Energy cards and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Alola Circle: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage times the number of Pokemon you have in play with Alolan in its name.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Retreat: 2
#16 Pyroar – Fire – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Litleo

Ability: Unnerve
Whenever your opponent plays an Item card or Supporter card, prevent all effects of that card done to this Pokemon.

[R][C][C] Dominate Fang: 80+ damage. If Lysandre Labs is in play, this attack does 60 more damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Retreat: 2
#92 Lysandre Labs – Trainer
Stadium

Pokemon Tools in play have no effect (both yours and your opponent’s).

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.
#101 Diantha – Trainer
Supporter

You can only play this card if 1 of your [Y] Pokemon was Knocked Out during your opponent’s last turn.

Choose 2 cards from your discard pile and put them into your hand.

You can play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
#102 Bonnie – Trainer
Supporter

You can only play this card if there is a Stadium in play.

Discard the Stadium card in play. During this turn, even if you have already used a GX attack, your Zygarde-GX may use its GX attack.

#89 Lysandre Prism Star – Trainer
Supporter

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

For each of your [R] Pokemon in play, put the same number of cards from your opponent’s discard pile into their Lost Zone.

yes some go a little back but last few weeks had better cards then this
Pyroar and we'll volcana park are trash

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I'm really bearish on Blaine. This is no Archie/Maxie, this is no Colress. Getting your hand size down is not as easy as it is in expanded or was in standard when Archie/Maxie were still legal, you can't VS Seeker for it. Might see use as a one of in expanded fire decks, particularly sky field using volcanion variants where you can get up to 18 off of this (but still, there's the question of how you actually play down those 18 cards before you just get N'd down to 3 or 4) but unless we get a VS Seeker reprint or better ways to play with your handsize in standard I can't see this being usable in standard. People just run too many supporters which means too many cards that require you to ultra ball them out of your hand.

I mean I can kind of see what synergy they intend, you run a thick line of Flint and Ultra Balls, rapidly thin your deck of fire energy with Flint, attach energy via Reshiram's GX move and then Blaine for a bunch of cards. Say your bench has a Lele so you're getting 10 cards from this. We'll be hurting for consistency supporters post rotation which is around the time we will get this card so you might see decks trying it out but the card really doesn't get you that far ahead compared to other much less conditional options.

Elray

Expanded Player
Salazzle-GX does 110 for two less energy (no burn though).
Reshiram deserved a better card imo.

makarNa

Aspiring Trainer
Omgg I'm so hyped. Not only because of the effect (which is broken and you can't say otherwhise) but I love first gen gym leaders design. Hope to see a Full Art version of Blaine and also... hope to see other first gen gym leaders cards in the near future.

Please I need an Erika Full Art.

KingJellybean

Aspiring Trainer
Flint makes a lot more sense now since it can help you get to 1 card in the hand. I this believe this will be a very strong card for volcanion decks although parallel city can ruin the fun.

Allatsea27

Aspiring Trainer
Isn't there flareon that makes every stage 1 a fire type? I believe from ancient origins. That could be very useful as a tech along with this blaine