Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
Quagsire looks to be good in those decks that run aqua patch and to itself as a card. Palkia GX is a good partner for it. But, still I don't think that will be a good competitive deck (well not tier I or II at least).

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
1.) Yeah okay. But Reshiram does hit 110 by its own and does instaburn (Entei GX's was 100 and insta burn for 2 fire and a colorless). Add the choice band and Infernape's ability and by that, it hits for 200 damage. I think it's a solid Number, wouldn't you agree?
2.) Vikabulu is a thing and it's pretty much the same base. Basic pokémon as a main attacker, have a stage 2 as bench-sitter.
3.) Duh.
200 isn't a solid number, you're not 1-shotting Zoroarks

Charmander

Cyndaquil was taken :<
I believe "Wash Out" was last seen on Blastoise from Unleashed.

It is actually a fairly strong card in combination with Blastoise BCR with Deluge and Promo Shuckle in the Legacy format.

If we see another Quagsire printed with some kind of Rain Dance, and another card with a similar Ability to Shuckle, it could be pretty good.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Anyone else noticed that Dragonite's energies are [L] and [W] instead of [L] and [G]?
I hate it. I love my Dragonite EX deck and wanted to put Dragonite GX in it...this ruined it. *sigh*
Anyways, what's the point of poison anymore? (pun intended) I'm feeling the burn!
EDIT: I think the sole reason behind Dragonite GX having [L] and [W] energy is to remove its synergy with Vikavolt. Which I don't get because we already have VikaBulu and VikaNite would come nowhere close to that power, mainly because of clunkiness and retreating every turn is a pain, not to mention Gardy is still kind of a threat. VikaBulu just makes more sense. On another note, did I read somewhere that a Prism Star card came out that let you inst-win if you had three Dragonite GXes out? Was that a dream?

Last edited:

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
I hate it. I love my Dragonite EX deck and wanted to put Dragonite GX in it...this ruined it. *sigh*
Anyways, what's the point of poison anymore? (pun intended) I'm feeling the burn!
EDIT: I think the sole reason behind Dragonite GX having [L] and [W] energy is to remove its synergy with Vikavolt. Which I don't get because we already have VikaBulu and VikaNite would come nowhere close to that power, mainly because of clunkiness and retreating every turn is a pain, not to mention Gardy is still kind of a threat. VikaBulu just makes more sense. On another note, did I read somewhere that a Prism Star card came out that let you inst-win if you had three Dragonite GXes out? Was that a dream?

I think that its based around 1 of 3 reasons
1. If based on coloring, the wings are a teal color, so it could go between green and blue(also dratini and dragonair are blue).
2. Dragonite's name in Japanese is Kairyu, and the kanji for "kai" CAN be translated as ocean/sea, connecting it to water more.
3. Could be due to the fact that dratinis have only ever been obtainable by fishing.

About the Prism star card, you did not dream that you read that!....But it was just a joke made by someone before the actual text was revealed. Sorry, better luck next time!

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
This seems interesting. Could be a good draw Supporter for Volcanion/Ho-Oh decks: If your bench is filled with Tapu Lele and 4 [R] Pokemon and you have another [R] Pokémon active, you'd draw 10 cards!

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
What an unbelievably good card for fire decks. Could be drawing 12 cards, which I think would put it as the best draw supporter in PTCG history not requiring your opponents help (ie Colress and Sky field).
I am a little surprised this is not a prism star card.

Yay for more fire decks...and better type advantages for my water decks.

pete

Aspiring Trainer
What an unbelievably good card for fire decks. Could be drawing 12 cards, which I think would put it as the best draw supporter in PTCG history not requiring your opponents help (ie Colress and Sky field).
I am a little surprised this is not a prism star card.

Yay for more fire decks...and better type advantages for my water decks.
not a prism since it can only be used if it is the last card in hand
Wow very nice fire support! First turn Brigette, crap hand 2nd turn use this and draw a ton to set up really quickly
a bad hand you normally cant hit no cards with as is needed for the card like archie and maxie

pete

Aspiring Trainer
First really good card in a long time
really? Lance Prism Star – Trainer
Supporter

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card of the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it into the Lost Zone instead.

You can only play this card if 1 of your Pokemon was Knocked Out during your opponent’s last turn.

Search your deck for 2 [N] Pokemon and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
Wela Volcano Park – Trainer
Stadium

Each player’s Burned Pokemon remains Burned between turns (even if the coin flip is heads).

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.
Altaria – Dragon – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Swablu

Ability: Fight Song
Your [N] Pokemon’s attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[C][C] Pierce: 20 damage.

Weakness: Dairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
Zinnia – Trainer
Supporter

You can only play this card if 1 of your Pokemon was Knocked Out during your opponent’s last turn.

Attach up to 2 basic Energy cards from your hand to 1 of your [N] Pokemon.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
#10 Alolan Marowak – Fire – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Cubone

[.] Limbo Limbo: Search your deck for up to 2 basic Energy cards and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Alola Circle: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage times the number of Pokemon you have in play with Alolan in its name.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Retreat: 2
#16 Pyroar – Fire – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Litleo

Ability: Unnerve
Whenever your opponent plays an Item card or Supporter card, prevent all effects of that card done to this Pokemon.

[R][C][C] Dominate Fang: 80+ damage. If Lysandre Labs is in play, this attack does 60 more damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Retreat: 2
#92 Lysandre Labs – Trainer
Stadium

Pokemon Tools in play have no effect (both yours and your opponent’s).

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.
#101 Diantha – Trainer
Supporter

You can only play this card if 1 of your [Y] Pokemon was Knocked Out during your opponent’s last turn.

Choose 2 cards from your discard pile and put them into your hand.

You can play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
#102 Bonnie – Trainer
Supporter

You can only play this card if there is a Stadium in play.

Discard the Stadium card in play. During this turn, even if you have already used a GX attack, your Zygarde-GX may use its GX attack.

#89 Lysandre Prism Star – Trainer
Supporter

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

For each of your [R] Pokemon in play, put the same number of cards from your opponent’s discard pile into their Lost Zone.

yes some go a little back but last few weeks had better cards then this

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
I was hoping this would be connected more to fire energy acceleration for standard, but this is pretty nice! A deck with lots of hand reducing items and fire pokemon would benefit from this quite nicely.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Blaine's Explosive Battle - can be good but it can be bad in some situations. The good side is... Fire Decks like Ho-oh may benefit from this because it needs draw power other than Cynthia post-rotation. (Don't push Incineroar too hard because 1. It doesn't do 120 2. It doesn't won tournaments yet) The bad side is the requirement of being the only card in hand since the fact that we don't have some utility to discard cards in hand aside from Ultra Ball (Trade lets you increase hand size) is a problem but we can't have everything. 4 Geodudes

TotoBoss

Kappa
Tbh its pretty bad imo, if you look at it sycamore is still the better option , this card is useless in any situation other than an empty hand. And if you have a lele/starmie/oranguru or not a full bench you will only draw 10-8 or less even. Sycamore gets you a guaranteed 7 with an empty hand, but also with any other hand. So yeah, this wont see play probably