News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Mewtwo GX - Eeehh??! It's just like Shatter Shot Mewtwo. But healing is underpowered. Like Mr. google said, "I hate the GX attack that made me attach Extra Energy, just to use my once per game attack". But it look decent, to be honest. 3 Geodudes

Reshiram's Mayhem

Aspiring Trainer
Are you kidding me? Only in boxed sets, and if we are lucky, in an ETB. This is getting stupid. I hate how Pokemon are releasing a new box every 3 days it seems. For collectors of the promos, this is just getting insane and impossible to keep up with. I don't at all have the money to keep buying these stupid boxes that you have to pay a premium for because you know, it comes with a special, totally extremely playable promo card in the box. The only playable card that have been in these boxes were Mew, Tapu Koko, and Decidueye. Everything else is worthless. Why does Pokemon have to be like this????

Seb

Aspiring Trainer
You guys do realize there was just a mewtwo released 2 sets ago, right? lol

Shining Shinx YT

Gym Leader & Professor
Love that mewtwo (in 3 sets since xy) and charizard (4 sets since xy) get all the complaints for overprinting, yet nobody seems sick of the staryu or clefairy lines (5 prints since xy)
i love staryu shhhhh xD

Since only collect for the art, I couldn't be care less for this Mewtwo. It's a shame, since Mewtwo is rarely printed...
low-key sick

Last edited by a moderator:

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
And the Psychic type is unplayable again.

It is already unplayable. Garbodor took care of it. Psychic weakness = kiss of death.

Garb is very strong right now, but can't count this thing out. It will take a while for Garb to ohko this guy, but with an attach, and a Max Elixir followed by a Switch/Guzma, and you're already hitting Trubbishes for kos, and using the GX attack on the next turn.

You are kidding right? It takes 5 items in your discard or 4 items and a choice band for Garbodor to OHKO this thing. The thing that irritates me about this is that Pokemon could have removed this issue by simply making Garbodor's attack not hit for weakness. It is already stupidly powerful. Now it removes all other potentially viable psychic decks from play.

This could be good, you just need to run weakness policy with it

I had someone try this with a Turtonator deck against my Lapras deck. I thought it was cute...and then I used field blower, laughed maniacally, and still hit that Turtonator for weakness. The best part is that I didn't even have to do it. I had a choice band attached and could have put it down without the weakness. I was simply proving a point.

Last edited:

Olimar.Inc

Aspiring Trainer
We say this because any format Mewtwo seems to be in completely kills the Psychic since they are weak to themselves and being very cheap to power up, he can do 120 for two with weakness or 180 with Choice Band (can't wait for Choice Band to get banned). Garb does the same thing kind of but you can play around it and Tapu Lele-GX doesn't have a Weakness so it can be a viable counter but the rest of the type is done.
Choice band (anything that beats my cool kid deck needs to get banned because it rustle my jimmies)

Shining Shinx YT

Gym Leader & Professor
We can confirm Mewtwo-GX, Entei-GX, Latios, Shining Jirachi, Zekrom, Keldeo, and Shining Volcanion will be in our set!

So far in Japan, we’ve seen Shining Mew, Shining Ho-Oh, Shining Celebi, Shining Arceus, Pikachu, Mewtwo, Palkia, Litten, and Marshadow. The Japanese set will feature 72 cards (excluding the 2,000 secret rares).

I am so SOLDDDDDDD
Entei GX and a new Zekrom lets goooooo

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Love that mewtwo (in 3 sets since xy) and charizard (4 sets since xy) get all the complaints for overprinting, yet nobody seems sick of the staryu or clefairy lines (5 prints since xy)

Well, as much as I'd like to see someone like Darmanitan come back to sets, theres a difference between a Pokemon getting in one of the many C/U/R spot many times and a Pokemon getting to be an ultra rare many times. I think the main complaint with the Mewtwo/Charizard/Gardevoir situation is in fact that they've taken up a lot of product space and a lot of space as ultra rares when people would like to see different more obscure Pokemon become an ultra rare, or have better variety in products.

Also, I'd just like to point out that if you include promos, Charizard has had a total of 15-16 ultra rares in the XY era and Mewtwo has had 14, if I'm not mistaken. If that's not overprinting I don't know what is.

Baconcrisp3

Aspiring Trainer
Well, as much as I'd like to see someone like Darmanitan come back to sets, theres a difference between a Pokemon getting in one of the many C/U/R spot many times and a Pokemon getting to be an ultra rare many times. I think the main complaint with the Mewtwo/Charizard/Gardevoir situation is in fact that they've taken up a lot of product space and a lot of space as ultra rares when people would like to see different more obscure Pokemon become an ultra rare, or have better variety in products.

Also, I'd just like to point out that if you include promos, Charizard has had a total of 15-16 ultra rares in the XY era and Mewtwo has had 14, if I'm not mistaken. If that's not overprinting I don't know what is.

Well they are kind of Pokémon's main, most popular, characters, Pikachu, of course, gets lots of prints as well. They are trying to appeal to a more wider range of fans, in these sets. By doing this it means that they can't assuming that people buying the product are "huge fans" who like the more diverse/less popular Pokémon (such as Darmanitan.) A more casual fan would prefer to see the Pokémon they already know, and Charizard, Mewtwo, Gardevoir, and Darkrai just happen to be some of the more popular Pokémon all around.

I'm more of a casual Pokémon fan, and although I wouldn't mind seeing a Pokémon like Darmanitan get the GX treatment, I'd really prefer to see the Pokémon that I really like get the GX treatment, and I think that's what Pokémon is going for in the card game. To appeal to casual fans as well as bigger ones.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Well they are kind of Pokémon's main, most popular, characters, Pikachu, of course, gets lots of prints as well. They are trying to appeal to a more wider range of fans, in these sets. By doing this it means that they can't assuming that people buying the product are "huge fans" who like the more diverse/less popular Pokémon (such as Darmanitan.) A more casual fan would prefer to see the Pokémon they already know, and Charizard, Mewtwo, Gardevoir, and Darkrai just happen to be some of the more popular Pokémon all around.

I'm more of a casual Pokémon fan, and although I wouldn't mind seeing a Pokémon like Darmanitan get the GX treatment, I'd really prefer to see the Pokémon that I really like get the GX treatment, and I think that's what Pokémon is going for in the card game. To appeal to casual fans as well as bigger ones.

For those of us who don't watch the show / movie / or play the video game, they could literally print anything they want. If the card is good, I am going to buy it. If it isn't, I am going to pass.

21times

Aspiring Trainer
If it weren't for Garb, this would be a good card. Maybe not great but definitely good. You just can't get by the weakness to Garb though, and that makes virtually all Psychic types (except for Garb) unplayable at this point.

You can literally put every Psychic Pokemon next to Garb, and every comparison ends the same way: "Not as good as Garb."