News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

TotoBoss

Kappa
Aaaand this won't see any play ever. I guess you could say the first attack is alright, but this card will be in the format for as long as garb is. And garb outclasses this thing easily. So rip mewtwo GX

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
Why are all these Mewtwo cards essentially the same? So disgusting. Might as well just pass the old one through a photocopier. Kill the creature.

magikarp ex

wouldn't you like to know.....
Love that mewtwo (in 3 sets since xy) and charizard (4 sets since xy) get all the complaints for overprinting, yet nobody seems sick of the staryu or clefairy lines (5 prints since xy)

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Garb is very strong right now, but can't count this thing out. It will take a while for Garb to ohko this guy, but with an attach, and a Max Elixir followed by a Switch/Guzma, and you're already hitting Trubbishes for kos, and using the GX attack on the next turn.

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
I'm done I give up

To be fair, Garbodor is also the reason the rest of the type is apparently unviable. Many Psychics, Mewtwo included are weak to Psychic in the card game because TCG!Psychic covers Poison (weak to Psychic in the games), Psychic (Weak to Ghost in the games) and Ghost-types (weak to Dark), Whatever benefits the type might have are moot if you need items to make use of them, because Garb would be hitting for weakness.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
You're joking right? Have you ever heard of Mega Mewtwo Y? Garbodor? Tapu Lele GX? Espeon GX? Night March?

Trashalanche Garbodor has literally been tier zero for the last two weeks. It was like 27 of the top 32 decks at Seattle regionals.

We say this because any format Mewtwo seems to be in completely kills the Psychic since they are weak to themselves and being very cheap to power up, he can do 120 for two with weakness or 180 with Choice Band (can't wait for Choice Band to get banned). Garb does the same thing kind of but you can play around it and Tapu Lele-GX doesn't have a Weakness so it can be a viable counter but the rest of the type is done.

D2B2WIN1

Aspiring Trainer
Mewtwo-GX is interesting. Yes, it only can do 60 damage for 2 Energy and yes, Espeon/Garbodor is a thing, but it can hit Weakness numbers pretty easily.

Garbodor: 2 Energy or 1 Energy + FFB + Kukui
Espeon-GX: 3 Energy + FFB/Choice Band/Kukui or 2 Energy + Choice Band + Kukui

All you need to do is hit one Max Elixir, and you can sweep that deck. Against most other decks, it doesn't have the high damage output to keep up with most decks; akin to Tauros-GX. It might be a cool partner with Lunala-GX especially with Mewtwo's GX attack.

190 HP is solid and can tank a Drampa-GX and most other decks. Weakness Policy/FFB can help it survive longer but, it seems like an uphill battle. The Weakness is an absolute pain. Unless there is a Pokemon that removes Psychic Weakness or Dimension Valley-esque effect gets printed, this will likely be a fun card in a fun deck.

Thad

The Night Begins to Shine
I see this being teched in with anything that runs rainbow and is not a psychic deck
possibly marshmallow

DeDeNNe

Di-Denki Nitro Neon, or De2NNe. Very Lethal
Only if it had less energy like DCE, it would have probably made koko useless :p

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Y U PSYCHIC WEAKNESS. Okay got that out of my system. This card would be borderline playable if Garbodor wasn't a thing. For just a DCE and a Psychic you're already hitting 90, throw in a Choice Band and maybe some more Energy and you can oneshot. Not great, but not bad, but wrecked by it's own weakness to Garb.

Baconcrisp3

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I think this card will see play, sure Garbodor's a thing, but if Garbador ever slips up or becomes much less popular for any reason, than I could see mewtwo becoming a tournament worthy card. Also, the art on this card is amazing :)