Japanese 'Sun' and 'Moon' Expansions and Decks in December!

I like them working on Gen 1. But, I see what you guys are saying. We are in Gen 6, and that does mean we should have Gen 6 cards more than other generations. Not on topic but I still have rage in me. They still didn't make Abra, Kadabra, and normal Alakazam (non-EX) (for the set Evolutions) and I am so upset. I have been waiting for the line forever. When Fates Collide came, I was excited, only to find...you know what I mean. Oh, also kind of upset at Meowth. I don't like how it says Alolan (please correct me if I spelled that wrong). Sigh, more Pikachus.

EDIT: Maybe Japan will get Promos of the Abra line, and maybe we could get them in Evolutions?

Watch the trailer again. It cuts straight to Alolan Marowak. Unless the full evolution process is shown, its best to take that evolution scene with a large grain of salt.

To put the problem of a Ground type evolving into a Fire/Ghost type into perspective, imagine Chandelure using Smack Down. Earthquake, Dig, Sandstorm, Rock Tomb, Bulldoze and Rock Slide (it'll probably keep Bone Club, Bonemerang and Bone Rush because it carries a bone). Those moves are just ridiculous on a Ghost/Fire type.

Also, you'd have the same problem that you'd have with Raichu and Exeggutor if they don't have Alolan Pikachu and Exeggcute, you'd be unable to get normal Marowak without transferring it or it only being able to evolve in certain parts of the Alola region into Alolan Marowak instead of normal Marowak.

So, you actually think that they would change its type completely but not its learnset... Good logic...
And no, there's no Alolan Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone. They cut it because the evolution sequence is too long to show on a trailer... And yes, it is very likely those 3 are programmed to evolve only into their Alolan forms in these games and you have to transfer the regular evolutions from other games (see Rockruff's evolutions, which are game dependent).
If not, they simply gave them an alternate method to evolve into the Alolan forms. Whatever the case is, there's no Alola forms for those 3, period.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that they changed how Fury Swipes has always worked in the TCG? It bothers me. >.>

As for the no Alolan Exeggcute, etc. thing... Keep in mind we already know they fully have transferring Pokemon from Gen 6 in mind. (Which makes sense, since the Gen 6 games will probably always be available thanks to the eShop.) So it's possible that, say, a Pokemon bred from a Kalosian Pikachu will evolve into a regular Raichu and one bred from a Alolan Pikachu will evolve into Alolan Raichu. (They already flag things like Hidden Abilities, even in Pokemon like Metapod that don't have them, so flagging the origin of the parents seems possible.)

I hope they increase HP globally! It would be a great way of slowing down the game without taking the energy away.

Also like...dual types? We gonna forget about those already???? I understand that dual types could not have been included in CP6 but I feel like skipping them for a set is an omen (good or bad) that they won't be back.

Edit: one last -- glad they're not using those horrible 3D renderings from 5bangraphics the first time a new Pokemon is printed.

So, you actually think that they would change its type completely but not its learnset... Good logic...
And no, there's no Alolan Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone. They cut it because the evolution sequence is too long to show on a trailer... And yes, it is very likely those 3 are programmed to evolve only into their Alolan forms in these games and you have to transfer the regular evolutions from other games (see Rockruff's evolutions, which are game dependent).
If not, they simply gave them an alternate method to evolve into the Alolan forms. Whatever the case is, there's no Alola forms for those 3, period.

No, what I'm saying is that if normal Cubone evolved into Alolan Marowak, it would change learn set because of its new typing but it'd keep it's 4 current moves and if it had any of the moves I listed, Fire/Ghost type Marowak would be able to use them.

As for Lugarugan (Rockruff's evolution), its forms are based on whether Rockruff evolves during the day or the night. Not whether it evolved in Pokemon Sun or Moon (Check Serebii).

At the moment there is more evidence for Alolan Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone than against them. We'll have to wait and see but it's most likely that they just haven't been revealed yet.

No, what I'm saying is that if normal Cubone evolved into Alolan Marowak, it would change learn set because of its new typing but it'd keep it's 4 current moves and if it had any of the moves I listed, Fire/Ghost type Marowak would be able to use them.
So what? Several Pokémon have very different learnsets compared to their pre-evolutions and are able to use moves that don't really make sense for them, but did to their pre-evos (e.g: Shell Smash Huntail). Besides, both Cubone and Marowak's natural learnset has never been very type-specific. Where the bigger differences might apppear is when it comes to TMs and Move Tutor moves, but even then, there's not really any TM or Move tutor move on Cubone or regular Marowak's learnset that wouldn't make sense for Alolan Marowak, since its body didn't drastically changed. As said above, Ghost/Fire Marowak using Earthquake isn't really that odd. Also, you shouldn't compare it to Chandelure, as, like I said, their bodies are very different.

As for Lugarugan (Rockruff's evolution), its forms are based on whether Rockruff evolves during the day or the night. Not whether it evolved in Pokemon Sun or Moon (Check Serebii).
Serebii is a fan site. It's one interpretation. I could tell you to check Bulbapedia which says different. Or even this very site you're on, whose news article about the subject also says otherwise. Either way, the CoroCoro pages seem to indicate the forms are version exclusive, which technically means in Sun, Rockruff is programmed to evolve into Midday Form, while in Moon, it is programmed to evolve into Midnight Form.

At the moment there is more evidence for Alolan Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone than against them. We'll have to wait and see but it's most likely that they just haven't been revealed yet.
No, it's actually the contrary, there's absolutely no evidence in favor of them, but you believe what you want. You could be suspicious about Cubone (even I was) since it's a complete type change, but not about Pikachu and Exeggcute. They evolve into Alola forms which retain their primary type. There's no reason to assume they have yet to reveal an Electric/Psychic Pikachu, for example. It makes perfect sense that some evolutions have an Alola form while their pre-evolutions don't. If it was the opposite, then that wouldn't make sense.

Before everyone starts talking about power creep and raising HP, let's look at Meowth. Assuming Alolan Meowth and regular Meowth have the same base stats, it would be safe to assume they would have the same amount of HP. The median HP for all Meowths released in the BW and XY arcs of the TCG are 60, but there were two 70HP cards there as well. Okay, that's not unusual. Let's move on.

As for Grubbin, it's a Basic Bug-type with a Stage 2 evolution that has 70HP. Unusual? Yes. The start of a trend in gradually raising everything's HP? No. Grubbin does look a little sturdy, and its evolution, Charjabug, is a metal box. I don't even know what the hell Vikavolt is supposed to be, but that's not the point. Grubbin and Charjabug are Pokemon who like solid and durable (even if only a little bit), thus probably why it has 70HP. You also must remember that this is the first time Grubbin is being released into the TCG and the first time the SM block is being printed. Maybe they didn't think the 70HP thing thoroughly, but it doesn't matter.

I don't get how people are basing judgments on two Basic, unevolved cards, both of which have never debuted in the TCG before.

Honestly, if they just increased the average HP but kept the same average power output (or even decrease it) I'd be pretty happy. Slower game is fun game IMO.

I keep saying this and no one seems to see the logic in what I'm saying. It'd make no sense for a normal Pikachu or normal Exeggcute to evolve into Alolan Raichu and Exeggutor because it would mean that you couldn't get normal Raichu or Exeggutor without transferring as both Pokemon evolve with stones. So unless a new stone is made for both of them, they only evolve into their Alolan forms in specific parts of Alola or, as I keep saying, they have Alolan Pikachu and Exeggcute which they haven't revealed yet, normal Raichu and Exeggutor will be impossible to get in-game without transferring.
I hate to burst your bubble, but in this here trailer (
) we see normal Pikachu, Exeggcute, and Cubone evolve into Alolan Raichu, Exeggutor, and Marowak.

Watch the trailer again. It cuts straight to Alolan Marowak. Unless the full evolution process is shown, its best to take that evolution scene with a large grain of salt.

To put the problem of a Ground type evolving into a Fire/Ghost type into perspective, imagine Chandelure using Smack Down. Earthquake, Dig, Sandstorm, Rock Tomb, Bulldoze and Rock Slide (it'll probably keep Bone Club, Bonemerang and Bone Rush because it carries a bone). Those moves are just ridiculous on a Ghost/Fire type.

Also, you'd have the same problem that you'd have with Raichu and Exeggutor if they don't have Alolan Pikachu and Exeggcute, you'd be unable to get normal Marowak without transferring it or it only being able to evolve in certain parts of the Alola region into Alolan Marowak instead of normal Marowak.
Go watch the Japanese versions of the trailers those Pokemon are first shown off in. It shows the evolution process of regular Exeggcute, Pikachu and Cubone, and if they were getting Alolan forms then there's no reason it'd show regular ones.

Does anyone know what sources online we can buy these from, or preorder? Definitely want to get a booster box of the Jap ones!

Does anyone know what sources online we can buy these from, or preorder? Definitely want to get a booster box of the Jap ones!

AmiAmi is your best source for importing Japanese Pokémon TCG cards. They sell product for less than MSRP, have a wide variety of shipping options for various price ranges, and they have pre-orders already open for all of the announced Sun/Moon TCG products (if you need help figuring out which ones are which, feel free to poke me).

Back