Japanese 'Sun' and 'Moon' Expansions and Decks in December!

"Three new decks will also be released on the same date: Grass Starter Set, Fire Starter Set, and Water Starter Set, each featuring Rowlet, Litleo, and Popplio respectively."

Typo?

Wow I thought they'd be released in November... which means we'll get the set in March?

December is the traditional time for regular expansions to be released in Japan (Mar/Jun/Sep/Dec release schedule) , so this isn't anything out of the ordinary. If TPCi follows its own traditions, the English Sun/Moon set will probably be released in February. There will likely be some other English Sun/Moon TCG products released earlier to help pass the time.

I think that you play the marker when you have used a GX attack.

That was my thought, too, since you're only allowed to use 1 GX Attack per game, but I didn't want to speculate too much in the news article, since it's just an educated guess at this point.

Hoping that GX attacks are more like abilities, which you can activate at any time during your turn (Perhaps it just ends the turn like using an attack)? Either that, or the attacks should have zero cost, or a very low cost of 1 (or possibly 2).

Anyone else hoping to see a Tapu Koko GX with the return of Hippowdon Lv.X's Sand Reset Poké-power?
Then again, it could be a little too OP...

I was wondering how exactly keeping track of GX attacks was going to work, considering that I'm sure that would be a nightmare for judges dealing with "he said, she said" situations if it wasn't made explicitly clear by glancing at the gamestate if a GX attack had been used already or not. Hopefully these markers help mitigate issue that then.

I hope the stage 2 starters are pretty good like XY set's Greninja and Delphox. If so the starter decks could be a good buy.

Also Pokemon GX seem to be getting a lot of hype. I just hope they live up to expectations.

Back