IPOF's - General Discussion Thread | Current Topic: Artists and Audiences

RE: Fake Creations Discussion Area

Well

yeah it is I guess

oh well *slinks into the shadows*

While not specifically card-related, I discovered another person on Etsy, this time selling buttons using Neo Redux symbols (plus Light, Sound). I've reported this to Etsy, again, as I was never informed.

What a pain.

They've taken that down... but they haven't bothered to take down the guy selling cards. ugh.

I messaged the girl selling the buttons and personally asked if she would. Perhaps we need to message the card seller as well?

Someone on eBay looks like they're trying to sell a fake pack of cards. It definitely looks fake to me and there's some kind of glue on the
Rhyhorn card here.

Arcticwhite said:
And, I found another seller with a fake card here.

These aren't the fakes that we report here, it's the digital ones and merely discussing everything. There are way too many fake cards for sale on eBay.

RE: Fake Creations - General Discussion Thread

Just a few things I am curious about from our fake artists. =P

How long does it take you to create each of your fake cards/fakemon sprites/artworks? Do you usually tend to create more than one in one sitting?

Are there any general motivations that keep you going?

For cards? Probably about 10 minutes for a non-holo, but holo-tizing a card can take anywhere between 5 (think simple shapes) and 20/25 minutes (think Xerneas or Pokémon with lots of spikes/horns/appendages). It's easier/quicker when you have a tablet.

I absolutely create more than one in a sitting, and it varies between 2-10 (yes, there have been days where I make 10 cards).

My motivation is making a full set of TCG cards for each Pokémon. Can't wait to see what kind of work Gen VI'll put me through...

Fake cards: usually about ten to fifteen minutes per card, though quite often more if I'm doing something clever when mashing textures together or holoifying (that's a word now) things.

I'll normally make one card at a time, though sometimes I do have card highs.

For Acanthite cards, the motivation is commitment to the project and its team: we have a weekly deadline which I set, and on top of that whenever someone comes up with a cool piece of artwork or spoiler I just want to get it on a card :D

In terms of random fakes, it's very sporadic and purely based on whenever I get ideas.

It takes me a while to make a card (about 30 minutes), that's why I have very small updates. I also make the artwork myself, adding to the time.

I can make up to 5 cards in one sitting, if I'm feeling exceptionally motivated.

My motivation is seeing other people's fakes, and seeing what I could achieve. Even though it takes me a while to fake, I still love to do it :p

Ice Arceus said:

How long does it take you to create each of your fake cards/fakemon sprites/artworks? Do you usually tend to create more than one in one sitting?

Generally if its my own art then up to a month or more. If its others art then far less. Its the deciding factor for mine, as everything revolves around them.

I also only ever make 1 at a time, I don't need to spread my attention to many cards as I alread do multiple projects at once. One can only multitask so much before implosions occur lol...

'tis also worth noting that asche tends to make pretty much everything, which is why his take longer - whereas most of us, including myself, just rip other people's stuff and so we're essentially just pasting other people's graphics together.

Depends. If I'm using a guide (ex, classic, e-card) then it takes 10-15 minutes. If I'm not using a guide then it takes close to 20 minutes. And if I'm putting holo on it it adds 5-20 minutes.

If I'm making a BW-era EX then a fake could take up 3-10 hours.

Ice Arceus said:

A card for me usually takes 20 minutes and 50 mins for a special card (think full art) I rarely make more then 1 in a single sitting

Blui said:
Depends. If I'm using a guide (ex, classic, e-card) then it takes 10-15 minutes. If I'm not using a guide then it takes close to 20 minutes. And if I'm putting holo on it it adds 5-20 minutes.

3-10?!! Has a card actually taked 10 hours?!

anabel1406 said:
Blui said:

3-10?!! Has a card actually taked 10 hours?!

I started Lugia EX the day CaC June was announced and worked on it all month, in the end it was probably closer to a full day of work, but it was worth it :)

EDIT: Reshiram EX probably took around 11 hours too.

@ Asche, it probably would've been shorter if you didn't make your own art xP

Ice Arceus said:

If I have a good piece of art to use, I can crank out a card in about half an hour. I wish I were talented enough to do my own art. Full art cards take longer, though.

Hey, I've been making 2 fakemon games for a few years now (Chrome Version and Spectrum Version), and I've run out of ideas for pokemon.
My goal is to make it so there's 500 total fakemon, but here's what I have so far.
  • Grass/Aria Hummingbird starter, evolves into a quail then peacock
  • smokey baby panda fire-type starter, evolves into a larger panda, then sun bear
  • water-type "seahorse" pun starter, evolves into an aquatic pegasus, then an aquatic alicorn
  • sleeping psychic-type teddy bear to large hybernating bear
  • fighting-type wallaby to kangaroo
  • Hidden Power inspired fruit bat (type and appearance depend on nature)
  • pun "foxbat"
  • pun "cat tail" water/grass type
  • cactus owl
  • electric jerboa
  • baby pig branch evo to flying pig or angry boar
  • dragon shih-tzu
  • fighting/water swan based off of "Black Swan" ballet movie
  • jingle bell lullaby sheep
  • 2 new rotom forms (radio and lamp)
  • bullfrog
  • Water/Ground star nosed mole
  • pun "sea lion"
  • water/grass water buffalo
  • fire-flying pun "buffalo wings"
  • honey bear
  • hamster to gerbil/guinea pig
  • wolf pup evolves into moon wolf with 2 forms
  • rock kestrel
  • pun "spidergrass"
  • stickbug to leafbug to flower butterfly
  • new chameleon that changes color of body depending on the item, and color of eyes depending on the season, color of markings depending on time of day
By the way, I'm making 2 new types (Aria and Radiant/Sound and Light). Originally, I was gonna also add a special type for Porygon and a special type for magic (then fairy happened), as well as a special space-style type (but fairy happened).
I had a much larger list of pokemon before, but someone corrupted my old computer and i lost it. :(
Anyway, what I'm asking is, can anyone give me any ideas for fakemon? (If it's an insect or arachnid, im not gonna look at pictures. if it's a crustacean, however, i'll be fine.) Plants, animals, myths, legends, folklore, and name puns are all best!

Back