IPOF's - General Discussion Thread | Current Topic: Artists and Audiences

Happy New Year, IPOF fakers! As 2016 is behind us (thank Arceus!!), what do you hope to accomplish this year when it comes to faking? Are you working on any new projects? Hope to get into creating your own artwork for your cards? Want to jump into trying to create your very first image-based fake set? Plan to create your first fan-made game? Do you want to reach a new personal record for creating the most sets in a year? I'm curious to see what you have planned this year. :)

Hey everyone!

I plan to finish my image-based set down on DA this year, link here, as I have a whole summer to finish, not having to worry about school and all that stuff. I want to get a drawing tablet so I can start making digital images for my cards, as I have so many illustration ideas, yet I can only do so much with a pencil sketch.

Last edited:
Current Topic: Power Balancing

One of the most crucial aspects to consider when creating a new fake is the balancing of power. This is important for several reasons, the most important one being that overpowered cards can break a metagame, making it unfair to play.
How do you go about creating a diverse metagame? What do you consider to be overpowered? Do your cards often turn out overpowered? If so, how do you fix them? Do you prefer to balance by introducing other counters, or changing the card itself? Do you prefer to decrease power or increase power levels in fakes?

Feel free to share any overpowered cards you’ve made in the past!​

http://thenyancatxd.deviantart.com/art/Sceptile-Holorare-641108135 : P
I really don't understand what I was thinking when I made this.

Other than that, I try to make my cards above average, if not, very powerful. This is because I feel as though most of my ideas are more lenient towards stronger cards, sometimes they aren't (example: this card), and I feel as though underpowered fakes don't really give off the same message to me than stronger fakes do. Cards like this wonderful arceus made by Jabberwock make me think a lot more than let's say... this Noivern. Arceus' GX attack makes me think about all the options that other cards, such as Ho-Oh EX, have with it, while Noivern... doesn't have much. Now, that doesn't mean that I enjoy ridiculously overpowered cards, I just like cards that are... above average. I guess that would be the best way to put it : P

Last edited:
Back