IPOF's - General Discussion Thread | Current Topic: Artists and Audiences

RE: Fake Creations Discussion Area

>craft

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGjoEOLQl-A[/video]

From that response, he legitimately sounds like one of those 10 year olds who throws a hissy fit whenever someone calls them out of art theft. Fun times.

I think I see my glass Energy symbols.

It might've been a decent-looking card if they used the right fonts and scaled down the symbols.

As far as I know, it's technically illegal to make any sort of profit from anything that includes Copyrighted material (such as characters). This doesn't just go for cards, but plushies, sculptures, paintings, and other fan art. It doesn't stop people from doing it, though.

The only way they could legally get by with it is if they redesigned the character (and I don't mean just recoloring it), gave it a different name, used an unofficial template and texture, custom symbols (not just a different style, but totally new symbols), and didn't use the term "Pokémon" anywhere on the card (meaning they would have to create a new back as well).

Nekoban Ryo said:
As far as I know, it's technically illegal to make any sort of profit from anything that includes Copyrighted material (such as characters). This doesn't just go for cards, but plushies, sculptures, and paintings as well. It doesn't stop people from doing it, though. :/

Indeed. I'm just glad Ebay are on the ball and sorted it extremely fast. And lol @ flameh :D

I've alerted eBay to many people attempting to sell some of our (yes, as in asche's, Alex's, Flameh's, and my) cards...and each time eBay is fantastic at taking it down!

For some reason though, I've always seen Yu-Gi-Oh oricas for sale. Perhaps YGO fakers and fans aren't as concerned?

CMP said:
I've alerted eBay to many people attempting to sell some of our (yes, as in asche's, Alex's, Flameh's, and my) cards...and each time eBay is fantastic at taking it down!

For some reason though, I've always seen Yu-Gi-Oh oricas for sale. Perhaps YGO fakers and fans aren't as concerned?

Wow! Which ones?

And what's an orica?

Yeah, I see YGO ORICAS all over the place. I've no idea how Konami feels about it. I wouldn't say they're not strict because didn't they break off Upper-Deck's tie to the TCG when they started printing their own cards and kept the money to themselves? Maybe they just haven't found out. I've been tempted to email them about it.

Reggie McGigas said:
And what's an orica?

ORICA = ORIginal CArd (custom/fake card)

Nekoban Ryo said:
Yeah, I see YGO ORICAS all over the place. I've no idea how Konami feels about it. I wouldn't say they're not strict because didn't they break off Upper-Deck's tie to the TCG when they started printing their own cards and kept the money to themselves? Maybe they just haven't found out. I've been tempted to email them about it.

Reggie McGigas said:
And what's an orica?

Thanks, but I ment which of your guys' cards were on ebay??

Reggie McGigas said:
Nekoban Ryo said:

Thanks, but I ment which of your guys' cards were on ebay??

"And what's an orica?"

Sounds to me like you were also asking what an ORICA was. I replied to the only question I knew the answer to. I've not seen cards of any fakers I know on eBay yet. According to CMP, his, mine, FlameClaw's, and asche's.

The only one I know for moi, was the black kyurem one I made for WinchFall, which the american card store "troll and toad" kept advertising with. I've no idea about any others :)

Reggie McGigas said:
Wow! Which ones?

Random ones here or there. I've seen my Bulbasaur, BW Bisharp, and a set of Redux cards. I believe it was some of the Acanthite Pokémon for Flameh (it was promoted as an XY release), Alex's FA Weavile orica (likely a scam as it used the exact picture Alex posted), and a few of asche's Lv. Xs.

Just in case it happens I have a "Pokémon orica" eBay alert sent to me so that I get an date if any of those cards are postd; I'll notify eBay and they're taken down quickly.

aschefield101 said:
He basically said it was classed as "craft" and therefore fine. I went on to list all the laws he was breaking and such. While typing that reply ebay had taken the card down, as per my report request.

Far faster than I thought they would! Heres the card anywho :
COcxgh6.jpg

Ha. Haha, hahahaha, what a pitiful attack effect. The actual card effects don't look too bad, but the attack being very useless yet at the same time OP just sells it.

I wonder if any of my cards have ever made their way onto ebay...

aschefield101 said:
The idiot relisted it, again. And I reported it, again.

Don't think this guy realises I have the willpower do this permanently :p

As do I, my friend, as do I.

CMP said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Wow! Which ones?

Random ones here or there. I've seen my Bulbasaur, BW Bisharp, and a set of Redux cards. I believe it was some of the Acanthite Pokémon for Flameh (it was promoted as an XY release)

Damn, I missed that. It reminds me of all of those POKEMON 5TH GENERATION REVEALLED!!! videos on YouTube from back around 2009 which borrowed from us as well as a few other fanart designers.

Eh. People are pathetic :')

What are peoples' thoughts on text fakes being posted? I enjoy making them, but it does seem a bit noobish.

Zarco said:
What are peoples' thoughts on text fakes being posted? I enjoy making them, but it does seem a bit noobish.

Absolutely go for it! We have several fakers that strictly post text fakes.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Waot, whats wrong Achesfield? (For real, with the link)

Someone keeps trying a sell a card on eBay which uses his blank, Alex's symbols, and Xous' art.

Nothing's wrong with the link anymore because it doesn't work (it was b& by eBay again).

Back