Pokemon If Pokemon were real...

Yeah, maybe at bit creepy looking but not from Mr. Mime to this.
And people don't look hideous compared to anime humans.

I think reallisticly, the pokemon would look more similar to the cartoons. Milotic is just nasty and i doubt itd really look like that.

Also, my theory on names is that most words came from pokemon. Instead of bulbasaur being bulb and saur, people used bulb and dinosaur but used the pokemon as the root word. Same with clothing. Wotches tried to look like mismagius, mimes like mr mime.

Anatomically speaking, there's just no way a living organism could retain the traits that make Pokemon look like Pokemon. Most of what makes them what they are, are the anime depictions of them. Realistically, everything from eye form to body shape would be altered in a real-life setting. Furthermore, we can't even tell what half of the Pokemon are made of - skin? feathers? fur?

Take Milotic for example, since it was mentioned. The picture isn't particularly nasty looking...it just has teeth, something that Milotic would mostly likely have.

Mr. Mime - Would you really think a small clown-looking figure with cartoon eyes would be a realistic approach? We don't know if it has hair, so the artists interpretation is that they're actually horn-like appendages. With a Pokemon like that, it's very difficult to imagine a realized version of it. I guess this is why they're cartoons and not real, though, right?

Like I said, I feel like in order for Pokemon to translate to realistic figures they would be drastically altered in appearance and come out extremely alien, at best.

Thanks for bringing us down. I wish Celebi were real so he'd zap you to a time when people didn't kill the buzz.

Well Pokemon like Mightyena would be dog/feline/etc-like, but that Lyxray on the front page is just ridiculous.

Steel - Rock Pokemon would have steel or rocky bodies repectively.

Fish Pokemon would have scales.
Birds would have feathers. (But they won't look frazzled like Lugia does on the front page)

Pokemon like Gliscor, Hippopotas(misspelled?), Dunsparce would have tough hide.

Pokemon like Mr. Mime and Gardevior would have skin.

and et cetera.

pimaster265 said:
Here are some more

lugia:
real_life_pokemon___lugia_by_heyzabava.jpg

What about this one.

kfitch06 said:
Anatomically speaking, there's just no way a living organism could retain the traits that make Pokemon look like Pokemon. Most of what makes them what they are, are the anime depictions of them. Realistically, everything from eye form to body shape would be altered in a real-life setting. Furthermore, we can't even tell what half of the Pokemon are made of - skin? feathers? fur?

Take Milotic for example, since it was mentioned. The picture isn't particularly nasty looking...it just has teeth, something that Milotic would mostly likely have.

Mr. Mime - Would you really think a small clown-looking figure with cartoon eyes would be a realistic approach? We don't know if it has hair, so the artists interpretation is that they're actually horn-like appendages. With a Pokemon like that, it's very difficult to imagine a realized version of it. I guess this is why they're cartoons and not real, though, right?

Like I said, I feel like in order for Pokemon to translate to realistic figures they would be drastically altered in appearance and come out extremely alien, at best.

Milotic wouldnt have the extra lights around its side, or its hairthingies turned into fins. I figured that nothing would be changed/added in that sense.

Perhaps pokemon like mr mime would have almost human skin. I didnt say anything about cartoon eyes, that would obviously change. I think it and others lile gardevoir and machoke would be very humanlike like hair and skin.

I get your point, but i dpubt the pokemom would be drastically changed. Just a few touchups like feathers on birds or realistic eyes.

It all depends on how you look at it though, I guess. I'm being wanna-be-zoologist here. Perhaps Milotic wouldn't have lights, but considering many sea-dwelling creatures do, perhaps it would. I don't know, I choose to believe that some of those depictions are pretty accurate.

Too bad we'll never know, I suppose!

Sand stream would be even more annoying.

I would set out for world conquest with my eelektross at my side.

There would be a lot more explosions going around.

Global warming would be even more problematic with all the fire-types.

If pokemon were real PETA, THE HUMANE SOCIETY, and every other animal rights group would sue and orevent the battling of such creatures. Speaking from a logical standpoint of course since fighitng dogs and other animals is illegal in many parts of the world.

^Actually battling Pokemon makes them grow stronger to you. They would encourage battling.

If Pokemon were real we would all be dead. Drifloon taking people away, Dusknoir dragging them to the underworld, fire Pokemon burning everything down, water Pokemon flooding everything, etc.

I don't know about Drifloon...it doesn't even weigh 3 pounds. The average newly born child weighs about 7.5 pounds. Drifloon would have a hard time lifting a BABY.

If they were real, Master Balls would need to be mass produced to catch anything instantly that's causing enough destruction and such.

One of Drifloon's dex entries says when a child mistakes it for a balloon and holds on to it they are carried away and never seen again. So, despite its light weitght, it can kidnap people.

I thought dusknoir only takes people who are ready to die or their soles. Not just random people. I think the grass types would even out the fire types in terms of global warming. Tons more oxygen is animals cpuld produce it.

Also, im pretty sure the elite four and stuff would be real to an extent, and everone wpuld have pokemon to protect them. I think everyrhing would work just fine

Dark Void said:
One of Drifloon's dex entries says when a child mistakes it for a balloon and holds on to it they are carried away and never seen again. So, despite its light weitght, it can kidnap people.
Okay, but if the object in question that is lifting the child weighs less than half of the weight of a newborn baby, I doubt that Drifloon could even get them a few inches off of the ground, if any. Try strapping about 20 helium-inflated balloons to you and see if you start to float.

PHYSICS TIME

First of all, weight does not really matter here for Drifloon. A helium balloon can drag a rock ten times its weight up provided it has enough helium inside, because the total overall density of the balloon and the rock is lighter than normal air. If a Drifloon has enough bouyancy in the air that could hold it and the child, then even if the child tugs, it'll only end up getting him/herself off the ground.

That's a major IF.

But a Drifloon is small in volume, so even if its head is made of hydrogen, it won't lift the child.

Id say a good part of the pokedex is bias and based on people. Kind of like pidgeot being as fast as sound or machamp being able to punch thousands of times in a second. Thpse would be things a person would say without any exact knowledge.
Think theres a good comic about that, ill try to post the link.

Well, the original dex entries in RBY appeared to be from the main character's perspective, since Oak sent him and the rival on a journey to make a complete encyclopedia (the Pokedex) of all Pokemon. I guess that it kinda evolved from there, or it was just implied that the Pokedex already had the information (like in the anime)...if Pokemon were real, I'd want a clarification on the Pokedex.

Back