Pokemon Ice Types - Weaker Than Ever

Ice has never been useless. It fails as a defensive type, and got no buffs to compensate, so it has not changed since last gen.

At least fairies don't resist it. Now that would truly be terrible.

Blob55 said:
But has it seen less use, thanks to the Fairy Type?

No. It's humorous because a large number of fairies are too weak for OU, so most fairies will be found in the lower tiers where dragons don't run rampant, and CB/Mega Scizor Bullet Punch isn't a thing.

As far as weaknesses go, Fairy and Ice don't overlap on any, so as an attacking option they don't fight for the same moveslot. Defensively, they don't share any resists, so they don't fight for the same team slot.

Dragons are still just as neutered by ice as they ever were. Fairies don't change that at all.

I think Ice is just as good as it's always been. Maybe I'm biased because I really do like Ice Types (well, I like all types), but there are so many popular OU Ground types out there such as Garchomp, well, especially Garchomp because of its Dragon typing. It has a great move in Ice Beam, Blizzard for Hail teams, I don't know, Ice types don't really have a niche, but that's what makes them unique. They're sorta frail. :p

I don't get why Fighting is strong against Ice, as the reason behind why Ice is weak to Rock and Steel, is because Ice is more brittle and fragile than Rock and Steel and the more you break up Ice, the faster it melts, just like how Rock is (apparently) more brittle than Steel. Hence why Steel and Rock both beat Ice type and Steel beats Rock.
Having Ice weak to Fighting, on the other hand is strange, because Ice receives normal damage from Normal types, so having Fighting as one of its weaknesses is odd.

Also, shouldn't Ice be SE, or at least resist Bug type moves? There are less Bugs about during the Winter, like Birds and Plants, but then again, by that logic, Bug should resist Fire type moves.

Bugs are resisted by enough types though.. not to mention Fairy added another, which is the 1 thing that was completely uncalled for with the introduction of a new type.

And the reason for Fighting>Ice is probably an extension of the logic for Fighting>Rock & Fighting>Steel.

Blob55 said:
Having Ice weak to Fighting, on the other hand is strange, because Ice receives normal damage from Normal types, so having Fighting as one of its weaknesses is odd.
50 Wat. Your logic, I don't get it. Also, I can see Ice being weak to fighting because as you said, ice is brittle, and if someone where to punch the ice or something, it would crack/break.

Equinox said:
Blob55 said:
50 Wat. Your logic, I don't get it. Also, I can see Ice being weak to fighting because as you said, ice is brittle, and if someone where to punch the ice or something, it would crack/break.

But Ice gets damaged normally by Normal type, so that means it's brittle enough for a Fighting type Pokémon's force to not matter.

I don't get it... Since it can't even resist a Normal attack, then it's only natural that a Fighting move completely destroys it.

Back