XY Huge scoop in CoroCoro in August!

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
It seems that Pokémon Smash is hinting at a very big scoop of news like CoroCoro did in their latest teaser for the next issue...

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/smash/

Perhaps CoroCoro wasn't bluffing when they were referring to the "biggest scoop of the century" XD

This makes me greatly more excited for mid-August when we usually receive the CoroCoro leaks. "The largest, most up-to-date information for X&Y" is what my laptop translates it to mostly.

jdivinity said:
Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
It seems that Pokémon Smash is hinting at a very big scoop of news like CoroCoro did in their latest teaser for the next issue...

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/smash/

Perhaps CoroCoro wasn't bluffing when they were referring to the "biggest scoop of the century" XD

This makes me greatly more excited for mid-August when we usually receive the CoroCoro leaks. "The largest, most up-to-date information for X&Y" is what my laptop translates it to mostly.

Well, considering they already revealed a new type, it has to be some freaking huge news.

Hegafire0 said:
jdivinity said:

Well, considering they already revealed a new type, it has to be some freaking huge news.

I'm actually kinda worried about what this entails... I hope it's not some mega game-changing mechanic or something. Hopefully it'll just be a list of all the Pokémon that are becoming part-Fairy or something...

In one week exactly , we'll have already know what the "biggest scoop" is! Just a few more days!

I honestly believe they will reveal new breeding mechanics or they will reveal another form for Mewtwo along with a new evee evolution. I certainly hope they will at least reveal a few new Pokemon and another gym leader or two. Maybe they will talk more about team flare and their true objectives; why do they want so much money? With the games release drawing so near it seems Gamefreak is trying to really impress the masses in order to gain some more pre-orders, while at the same time trying to keep some juicy details to themselves until the release of the games. They most definitely will NOT be announcing a Pokemon Z version or Ruby and Sapphire remakes.
It's amazing all the great ideas people are coming up with on this thread; i'm beyond impressed! Now i don't know what to think.

[private] Merged for posting twice in a row *Drohn [/private]

revealing a mewtwo forme or eeveelution would be nothing special after they've already done BOTH.

And just a few pokemon is expected, not "huge".

Mitja said:
revealing a mewtwo forme or eeveelution would be nothing special after they've already done BOTH.

And just a few pokemon is expected, not "huge".

mewtwos second forme might be a huge scoop for them since that if it will not be reaveled until the game it will be a very big surprise encountering it in the game . Then again if so, why not keeping it a cool in game secret sort of like mew in gen1.
The thing is most of us thinks about mewtwos second forme because it is simply the only special leak we got from the source that has not been reveald so far exept the kanto starters which is another option by itself

They're implying whatever they got is bigger than what we've seen so far. Revealing "another" whatever they already did can only be a step down.

Well if that so.. I think we should focus on that sentence what have we seen so far
do they mean to what we saw from the first trailer then its likely will be the kanto starters and an option to visit the kanto region or do they mean so far from the first game ever. Then I think its about what we have never saw -ev and iv . Another unconfirmed leak from the source

I would definitely want to travel to the Sevii Islands in X/Y rather than an entire region. I mean, besides Hoenn which I'm sure will be remade, we've seen every region in 3D now. The ability to travel to the Sevii Islands would be something really special, and there's no doubt in my mind that I'd buy X/Y just for that.

RE: Huge scoop in August! Z to release with X and Y?!

Frezgle said:
It's obviously a Dunsparce evolution.

I highly doubt it's Z, especially if the games are meant to release at the same time. Many people have already pre-ordered X or Y and some of us only have the money right now for one or the other. It'd be a really weird move.

I'm not sure what it'll be, but I'm sort of excited, since I figured the announcement of a new type would be the biggest thing to come out of this generation.

I assumed the biggest thing was it comming to the 3ds and (obviously) being in full 3d.

The entire new graphical style is probably the biggest thing that has happened to the core games themselves since they first began, while a brand new type is probably the biggest thing that's come to pokemon themselves since the second generation. These both would seem like "scoop of the century" material if they hadn't already been revealed, so I feel like it's doubtful this news will be as groundbreaking as either of those.

The biggest scoop as in most pages of information about XY as of yet. It will still be interesting, but as Bogleech said, it won't be as groundbreaking as a new type.

I expect a couple of characters, some more information about the storyline, and about 8~10 new Pokémon, including some related to previous Pokémon. Perhaps a few new attacks and abilities as well.

Much of the big XY news we've gotten so far has NOT come from CoroCoro. The starters were revealed via Pokemon Direct, many of the game elements were revealed by the Pokemon website themselves, so, in contrast to previous generations, much of our brand new news has not come from CoroCoro. They've been mainly backstage for most of X and Y. That's not to say they haven't reported the news, they have; they've just not been the first ones to have it. The "scoop of the century" may be CoroCoro's way of saying that they have the news first this time, and they want to drum up sales for the magazine claiming that they have exclusive news. So, hopefully it's something really big!

I'm hoping for either the final starter evolutions (it's a bit early, but hey, this generation all the rules of news we've seen in the past have been broken already), another Eeveelution (though this is unlikely, since it would overshadow Sylveon) or more game details/new pokemon. It would be great to see another legendary or the legendary trio before the games come out!

I think when they say "biggest scoop" I think they mean quantity, not quality, personally. I mean, unless it's something huge we don't already know about, it's going to be usual CoroCoro hyperbole.

FT10 said:
Btw, when are we expecting this info to be leaked?

Most lilkely the coming Friday (August 9th)...three days before the official release of Corocoro (August 12th)

FT10 said:
Btw, when are we expecting this info to be leaked?

It's usually a few days before so the tenth would be my guess. I hope not though because i'm moving house on the tenth and my wifi will be down

Back