XY How to get Strange Souvenir

Mistryss Nite

Is back from Beijing, China! ^.^
I just now received the strange souvenir and I only recall talking to him once prior. I tried to find him at the various hotels, but he never showed up. But then, just now, he was at the one I originally found him at.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Can you be more specific in what you tried so we can see where it went wrong? Who did you talk tho? When/Where/How often?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know what Strange Souvenir does? Also, can you get more than one of them? They're in Normal Items, not Key Items.

Gentlefish

Hero of Truth
Can you sell them? That would be a clue as to how important it is. For instance, Mega Stones can't be sold.

Mistryss Nite

Is back from Beijing, China! ^.^
Gentlefish said:
Can you sell them? That would be a clue as to how important it is. For instance, Mega Stones can't be sold.
Yeah, you can sell it for 5 pokemoney.

harrycooke

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. The backpacker has been saying the EXACT SAME THING everytime I speak to him. Every day, different hotel, same thing he says. I've done it more than 4 times in a row and all he says is: The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! Our Champion is really something else, I tell you... Ah, never mind. You'll find out in due time.

I cannot get the strange souvenir at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME
harrycooke said:
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. The backpacker has been saying the EXACT SAME THING everytime I speak to him. Every day, different hotel, same thing he says. I've done it more than 4 times in a row and all he says is: The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! Our Champion is really something else, I tell you... Ah, never mind. You'll find out in due time.

I cannot get the strange souvenir at all!

Are you changing the time on your 3ds at all? Or switching your card between more than one 3ds to play? Any kind of action that causes the game to "time skip" resets daily events.

harrycooke

Aspiring Trainer
Drohn said:
Glad it worked out! What was the issue? What did you do different?

I don't even know! It was saying the champion one for days and days then suddenly it worked and changed to the one giving the item!

Other daily events were working though, like TM girl in the harbour city whatever it's called lol. And I could still do the Loto-ID so it wasn't anything to do with time travel lol.

Chespin777

Spikey shield!
My prediction: That backpacker who brags about his region, is probably an island close to Kalos, that we're going to explore in future games.

ShinyVincent

Clowns can eat you.
My prediction, I think, the Strange Souvenir is your 'Ticket' to a Island where you will find the Latios/Latias MegaStones.

Sontrowa

Aspiring Trainer
I've been trying to get the souvenir but the backpacker has been saying the same thing for days. Does anyone know if turning off the 3DS or changing games (played some LOZ:LBW) resets it?

Honeyichigo

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure, but is it actually possible to get the Souvenir before beating the E4 for the first time? He might get stuck on his first dialogue if you haven't done that. Or there might be some other action you have to take before he moves on... I may be completely wrong, though.

Sontrowa

Aspiring Trainer
I got it to work. Sort of. I never got all the different dialogue, he just up and gave it to me today.

ZeSpecter

Aspiring Trainer
Sontrowa said:
I got it to work. Sort of. I never got all the different dialogue, he just up and gave it to me today.

That happened to me too. He said the same thing to me when when I went to him so I never got all the dialogues, but I still got the strange souvenir.

And tbh, I'm pretty sure I just went to him 2 days in a row and not 4 lol

Drohn

Wild War Dance
That's odd. That might be why it's called a "strange" souvenir. It might be different to obtain for everyone. Maybe having all the different ones (unlocked in different ways) together in one game unlocks an event.