How much would this trophy be worth? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush17

Aiming for Worlds
So, I won the Proffessor cup for the 2011 Nationals and got this fine 1 foot metal trophy that's the only one of it's kind.

I was wondering how much collectors would pay for a product like that? It's unique. And they were offering to buy the prize backpack for $120

Thanks so much! :)

(I need the money to go to worlds sadly :(

Unless there's a precious metal involved in that trophy, like gold or silver, even copper, then it isn't going to have much real value. If you're looking for a collector to buy it then it's even harder to say. But why would you want to sell proof of your accomplishment, even if you do want to go to Worlds? Doesn't that just cheapen the whole experience?

PokeMedic said:
Unless there's a precious metal involved in that trophy, like gold or silver, even copper, then it isn't going to have much real value. If you're looking for a collector to buy it then it's even harder to say. But why would you want to sell proof of your accomplishment, even if you do want to go to Worlds? Doesn't that just cheapen the whole experience?

I agree. winning the professor cup is pretty huge, considering you were up against all people who know the odds and ends of everything pokemonTCG-related. I'd take that over a chance of winning anything at worlds any day. all I've got are two victory medals from battle roads but I won't even sell those, because I know I actually accomplished something lol

It could have quite some value to a collector of all things Pokémon or collector of trophies.

Here's a pic

http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i448/AydanAires/?action=view&current=0713011531.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1094.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi448%2FAydanAires%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D0713011530.jpg

I'd tell you that you shouldn't sell it. But if you need the money that badly a collector would spend $350+ on it.

Wow. That is very nice. If it remains in decent condition, (put it in a glass case), it could definitely be $600. Easily. Especially over the years.

You won the Professor Cup? I don't mean to be off topic, but do you know how well someone named Steven Stone did?

Meaty said:
You won the Professor Cup? I don't mean to be off topic, but do you know how well someone named Steven Stone did?

you should probably message him that so you don't get a warning :/

and dude, that trophy looks pretty sick...if you really want to sell it (which I still think you shouldn't) then you could easily get 300 for it...500 if you really search it out. it's just that for me, if I had a bunch of money laying around, I'd pay 250-300 for it most. but I'm also not a collector (nor do I have money laying around ha!)

Alright, thanks everybody for the info! How should I go about selling it? Like, where can I find collectors? I don't want to use ebay unless I have to.

You could put an add in a card n' comic shop maybe... But looking for a collector would bring in more money. If you HAVE to do ebay, start it off at a high price for bids, or do a buy now with the price YOU want for it.

I was wondering how much collectors would pay for a product like that? It's unique. And they were offering to buy the prize backpack for $120

I bought the backpack for $25. You can't really find it anymore, but I really don't think it'd be worth that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back