Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Hmm the border on that card looks like a reflective gold border to me. I still cannot believe a card like that would only be worth $20.00 though. You would think that would be worth a whole lot more right?:)

I remember pulling a Shiny Hydregion that was a great day, it was only worth £15 at the time but the blister cost me £8. Plus I pulled a holo.

Furious Fists Damaged Cards

Hello, new member here!

Just a word of warning, I bought the Mega-Lucario Elite Trainer Box today and about half the packs had cards with creases in them down the middle, see below.

Not that big a deal, but considering the price of these things, one would hope the Pokemon Company International would at least make sure they're in mint condition.

PokemonCardDefect_zps8da1036a.jpg

RE: Annoying : Creases in Furious Fists packs

Unfortunately, these sorts of defects can happen when manufacturing the hundreds of thousands of cards that TPCi does. The good news is that, so long has you still have your proof of purchase and haven't been too reckless with handling everything, you should be able to contact their support (which you can do via their website here) and potentially get a partial or full refund.

id say keep them could be worth $ decades from now just like how US Coins with Mint Defects are worth good $ :)

For Example Quarters from 1940's to 1990's with areas that were pressed down on the edges or ones that somehow struck twice known as Double Dye coins.

The-Kaiser said:
id say keep them could be worth $ decades from now just like how US Coins with Mint Defects are worth good $ :)

For Example Quarters from 1940's to 1990's with areas that were pressed down on the edges or ones that somehow struck twice known as Double Dye coins.

I wouldn't bet on it. The markets are nothing alike. You don't really ever see people paying more for factory defect-ed cards at all; they nearly always prefer cards in generally perfect condition (with the exception being cards with novel or extreme errors, especially those that are not universal, such as pre-release Raichu or mis-stamped Wizards Promos).

The-Kaiser said:

Those are Misprints. It was something that went wrong on the part of mint, and because of the rarity they are vaulable also they are already currency so they are worth something. It is like Upside Down stamps being valuable or that prerelease raichu. These are things that hurt the price of a card. Most traders aren't going to want a card with a crease down the middle.

How much are the Lucario EX FA and the SR M Lucario from Furious Fists worth? I just bought them both off eBay for $21USD for the SR and $29USD for the FA, just thought I'd see if I got ripped off or not...it seemed to be the cheapest I could see, and the ones on ebay Australia seemed to be quite a bit more

MegaCharizard said:
How much are the Lucario EX FA and the SR M Lucario from Furious Fists worth? I just bought them both off eBay for $21USD for the SR and $29USD for the FA, just thought I'd see if I got ripped off or not...it seemed to be the cheapest I could see, and the ones on ebay Australia seemed to be quite a bit more

That seems about right. Interested in trading the Sr? Lol ;)

MegaCharizard said:
They are both worth $29, you could've gotten a better deal on the Secret Rare, but you weren't ripped off
*cough* You should trade them to me *cough*

Is this a good deal on a complete set?

So Collector's Cache is selling the complete set of Dark Explorers, including all ex's/full arts and secret rares for $379.99. (I'm not sure if it includes reverses)

I recently found a Dark Explorers box online selling for about $143.00/about 170.00 after taxes/shipping which seems to be the cheapest for a box I've seen, actually I've never seen a box of Dark Explorers for less then 250 before now. But since a box of DE usually contains 1 full art and 2 ex's it doesn't seem like a box is worth 250 dollars. Actually I probably wouldn't pay 140 for a box either, but if you were looking to spend 250/143 dollars on a box it seems buying the complete collection for 370 is a good deal. At least with this set which is harder to find(boosters seem to be going for 8 bucks online) and pull ratios are terrible. I mean i would never do this with any other set I collect since they are so easy to buy/find, and also pulling the rares is fun. But this set is difficult to find/buy cheap. And I think it would be fun to open the box and have the complete set gem mint just looking at the cards(Assuming they are gem mint of course).
I don't know, maybe buying the full arts I want would be easier since I don't really care about collecting the set but they are expensive.

Edit: So I just added up some things. I took the prices from Pokeorder single cards so prices can vary.
5 Full Arts I want(Darkrai/Entei/Raikou/Groudon/Kyogre) - $206.95
5 Full Arts + 3 SR's - $292.92
Complete Full Arts/Ex's and Sr's - $473.85

Patriots Fan said:
That seems about right. Interested in trading the Sr? Lol ;)
Wigglytuff said:
*cough* You should trade them to me *cough*

Haha, sorry guys, not willing to give them up. I'm gonna open a FF box sometime today, but Lucario is one of my favourite pokemon, so even if I get duplicates, I'll probably just keep it :D

Hello guys, I've 292 PTCG, and I dunno if there is any valuable card in that.
Yesterday I spend a time and take a photo of every card, if you wanna see it, here's the link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98899941@N02/

Is there any valuable card here? Most of them are from 1999, 2000, 2002 and 2004.

Thanks! :)

How much are these worth? (All are NM)

Garchomp (Plasma Freeze)
Zapdos (Supreme Victors, 150/147)
Wash-Rotom (Platinum)
Rayquaza C Lv. X (Non-Promo)

And what are holos generally worth nowadays?

How much is the secret rare Charizard from Plasma Storm? It's the only card I want from the set, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to buy here in Australia (I've only seen one for sale) or to buy from America...

MegaCharizard said:
How much is the secret rare Charizard from Plasma Storm? It's the only card I want from the set, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to buy here in Australia (I've only seen one for sale) or to buy from America...

About $50-55

Faded cards in Furious Fists

After opening my box of Furious Fists today we found a bunch of discolored faded looking cards. I'm assuming this is pretty common with the set since we found about 20 cards throughout the box that didn't look quite right. Just wondering if other people have noticed this with their packs as well.

Some of the most noticeable ones were a few various trainers where the word item was purple not blue, and a couple water pokemon (poliwhirl, amaura) that had a much lighter blue all around the card.

sorry for sideways images and bad quality, hopefully you can see what i'm talking about
*also, not sure why the images are so huge, i provided links to them just below in case the images are too large for you to view here
http://puu.sh/b5igU.jpg
http://puu.sh/b5isb.jpg
http://puu.sh/b5iiT.jpg
http://puu.sh/b5ims.jpg
http://puu.sh/b5inC.jpg

b5igU.jpg

b5isb.jpg

b5iiT.jpg

b5ims.jpg

b5inC.jpg

RE: Faded cards in Furious Fists

Yes please post pics i have packs of that im waiting to open when i get the Slurpuff Blister pack from a good friend next month :)

Back