Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

I have a Darkrai EX from Dark Explorers that's misprinted. The image is lowered so that you can see Darkrai's full plume and a bit of the above card (kyogre EX). Is it worth a little more? a little less? Thanks!

Cealyn said:
Question.. I have a 1st edition Non-holo 1/164 (misprint) Jungle Clefable.. It's in near-mint condition. How much would it be worth? I messaged The Charizard Authority about it/showed him it, and he had never seen the card before.

Hi the dark dragonite missprint like that is worth between £150-£200.I have not heard of that missprint and if the charizard authority has not even heard of it you could sell it for whatever anyone was willing to pay.I would say easy £500.Hope that helps

What's the value of a mint Base Set Pikachu with red cheeks, shadowless, and 1st Ed? Thanks!

EDIT: While we're at it...

Base Set Pikachu with red cheeks and shadowless (not 1st Ed.).

Base Set Pikachu with yellow cheeks, shadowless, and 1st Ed.

ryter78 said:
I have a Darkrai EX from Dark Explorers that's misprinted. The image is lowered so that you can see Darkrai's full plume and a bit of the above card (kyogre EX). Is it worth a little more? a little less? Thanks!

Do you have a picture? If not, we really can't make accurate judgements.

How much is a SR Here comes team rocket worth? Also how much would a jumbo Zoroark and legendary pokemon be worth? I put the zoroark jumbo up for sale but I think I got lowballed, so I just wanted to make sure. Thanks! :)

Serperior said:
What's the value of a mint Base Set Pikachu with red cheeks, shadowless, and 1st Ed? Thanks!

EDIT: While we're at it...

Base Set Pikachu with red cheeks and shadowless (not 1st Ed.).

Base Set Pikachu with yellow cheeks, shadowless, and 1st Ed.

Thanks!

Anyone have a barometer for how much a complete set (all normals, reverse, holos, and full arts) of Flash Fire would be worth?

Slowbro said:
How much is a SR Here comes team rocket worth? Also how much would a jumbo Zoroark and legendary pokemon be worth? I put the zoroark jumbo up for sale but I think I got lowballed, so I just wanted to make sure. Thanks! :)

Just wanted some opinions on what you guys think regarding "fair" trades.

Do you feel like a trade is fair only when both parties' cards add up to roughly the same value (money-wise)? (Example: Joe Schmoe trades 7 cards to Bob the Builder, in exchange for only 2 cards that Bob has, but overall both traders' cards are worth a total of $100)

Or do you think a trade is also fair when both traders are happy with what they receive, regardless of the money value of the cards involved in the trade? (Example: Joe Schmoe trades 7 cards to Bob the Builder, in exchange for 2 cards that Bob has, but Joe's cards add up to only $40, while Bob's cards are worth $100).

Just wondering, cuz one of my younger brothers pulled the SR M Charizard 108, and he wanted my FA Heatran Ex and RC Mew Ex, so I traded with him... now I feel weird about the trade, since the cards I gave him aren't worth anywhere near what he gave me...

Let him know the value of his card. If he knows of its crazy value and doesn't care, then by all means, take that Charizard, but you have to let him know first.

I think that it's a fair trade so long as both parties are fully aware of the monetary value of the cards and are willing to complete the trade anyway. Sometimes personal value is more important than monetary value. However, if someone made an uneven monetary trade because they did not know the value of the cards, then it crosses into "unfair" territory.

I totaly agree with Athena, if both know the values and are happy with the trade it's a fair trade.

Now to my question(irrelevant to the previous posts but relevant to the threadxD):

Will Charizard EX 12/106 (Combustion Blast) be worth less, when FF has rotated out of format
or is it at it's cheapest point now?

It's hard to predict tbh, I don't think it will be worth more. I think maybe a little bit less. These days people look after cards too much, too many printed to really make it rare. It may just retain it's value but it really is hard to tell. If you need the money sell it now, if not keep it.

TheTPCProductionz said:
It's hard to predict tbh, I don't think it will be worth more. I think maybe a little bit less. These days people look after cards too much, too many printed to really make it rare. It may just retain it's value but it really is hard to tell. If you need the money sell it now, if not keep it.

I don't have and want it to complete the set, but I'm not in a hurry to complete it so I want to save as much money as possible.

Back