Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
Eevee said:
I have over 2,500 bulk cards (mix of common, uncommon, rare, holo and reverse holo) ranging from base set to plasma storm. Is is better to sell the cards in a big lot or 50 card lots?

If you are selling on eBay, it technically would be safer to do multiple smaller lots.
You could either:
  • Set up a Buy it Now with quantity - this will allow you to set the price you want/need; however, selling through all your bulk may be slow. You could try and do lots of 100 or multiple listings with different amounts.
  • Run an auction for all 2,500 cards - this is risky because you may end up getting an extremely low amount, but you can also get more than the cards are worth.
  • Run multiple auctions of smaller amounts - basically the same idea as the first suggestion but auctions instead of Buy it Nows. This is safer than running an auction for all 2,500 cards because you may lose some money on one lot, but you have multiple others that can get you more money. Basically, more chances, less risk impact.
  • Set up a Buy it Now for all 2,500 cards - set up a BIN, set the price a little bit above the going rate, and accept Best Offers. Then just sit around and wait for either someone to buy it, or a good enough offer to come in.

Hope this helped!

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!
DNA said:
My apologies if this question has already been posted.

So, apparently there are 2 foil patterns on Colress FA (Plasma Storm) - a 'wave' variant and a 'line' variant.

Here's a good picture of the two side-by-side.

I'd like to know, which one is more valuable? Is it like the Reshiram/Zekrom FA thing in B&W where there were 2 different printings? I'm curious because I own the 'line' variant and I'd like to get an accurate picture of its worth.

As far as I know, they're worth the exact same. One variant isn't more rare than the other. I've had many FA Colress go through my hands and I've had about the same amount of each type.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
theducktamer said:
As far as I know, they're worth the exact same. One variant isn't more rare than the other. I've had many FA Colress go through my hands and I've had about the same amount of each type.

All right; thanks for enlightening me!

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
DNA said:
Is it like the Reshiram/Zekrom FA thing in B&W where there were 2 different printings? I'm curious because I own the 'line' variant and I'd like to get an accurate picture of its worth.

I had 4 different versions of Zekrom

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Is it worth it to get my Mint Japanese Sabrina's Gaze PSA graded if I'm going to sell it? It could probably get a PSA 9 or 10, and I looked at the completed listings on eBay and noticed a few PSA 10 ones went for $75.

Soul

Urusai Urusai Urusai
Does anyone know the exact value of both FA and RA for Tornadus, Thundurus and Deoxys EX Plasma?

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Soul said:
Does anyone know the exact value of both FA and RA for Tornadus, Thundurus and Deoxys EX Plasma?

I would check eBay completed listings for a more precise value. I've seen the Buy it Now prices for Deoxys EX NFA hover around $40 and the FA for $45-$50. For Thundurus EX they've been around $20-$25. I have no idea about Tornadus EX.

Wilderness

Aspiring Trainer
I found a store that have booster packs from ANY set except Base Set 1 and Jungle (none in stock, and no Destiny in stock) for €4.95 each, so $6 or so. I'm only in this city until Monday but is that a good deal or what?!

I picked up 1 Jungle, Team Rocket, Gym Challenge, Neo Revalations and Legendary Collection. Best pulls were holo Jolteon, Dark Charizard and Blaine.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Wow that's good prices, especially for the Neo packs and Legendary collection. Though a lot of them sell for about $7 anyway, the packs though could have all been weighed hence why they were selling old packs.

Wilderness

Aspiring Trainer
I'm actually on a holiday with the Mrs in Holland (Amsterdam and Groningen), and have to buy food every night. So money might be tight until we leave, then I'll spunk the rest on cards. There was another store with e-series decks.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Oh okay, I used to live in Holland not sure where, as I was only young. I subscribed to your channel by the way, would appreciate if you could return the favour :). Oh, the E Series decks are great, if you have them sealed. You should get some before you leave :)

Kasumi

Aspiring Trainer
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone here on the Beach could please give me a price for these three cards.

Thanks,

1998KamexComputerError_zpsb2cc7fb5.jpg

1999ZapdosPhoneCard_zps2613de88.jpg

2010DaisukiMastersScroll_zps23a35214.jpg

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
Kasumi said:
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone here on the Beach could please give me a price for these three cards.

Thanks,

1998KamexComputerError_zpsb2cc7fb5.jpg

1999ZapdosPhoneCard_zps2613de88.jpg

2010DaisukiMastersScroll_zps23a35214.jpg

Really -___-

I feel like you are just testing PokeBeach and/or showing off Kasumi ;P

Kasumi

Aspiring Trainer
I had a feeling that would be your response Daelum, aha.

Seriously though, I have a certain price in mind and would like to know what this community thinks. I'm certainly not trying to show off or test anyone, I just would like an outer-circle opinion on these cards.

The many Pokemon forums differ from one another.

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-
I'm not even going to say anything :rolleyes: lol

If the PSA 10 one is asking for 2k, then I'd put the PSA 9 Master Scroll at a minimum of 550$ since there are only 3 - maybe around 600$...